Recent stay at Vero Beach! The Cons and then the Pros

sgtpet

DIS Veteran
Well my family, 5 of us (wife and I, three children, boy 12, girl 10, boy 1), checked in at Vero Beach on June 30th. We had a reservation for a 1 bedroom unit. We checked in at 4:15 pm. Guess what? The room was not available. I had driven from NJ and was somewhat cranky about that. So at 5 pm I get the text that the room is ready. Ok, I was going to rant but decided to stay calm. We had a room on the ground floor by the pool. Good location to the pool and beach, nice. Oh wait a minute. When we walk in there was some type of monstorous air filter in the living room. Why I wondered? It didn't take long, a foul pungent food smell had penetrated the unit. It was disgusting. My wife called and management said they would bring air freshners over. They did the trick and we went out to eat and bought some groceries. When we returned the odor was the same. I had had it. I went to the front desk and was handed off to the manager immediately. She apologized but said there were no other units to move us in and would move us the next day. I said that is good and all but what about tonight. I informed her that my room was the equivalent of an econolodge in odor quality. I also told her that if I wasn't bound by my points for the 5 night stay, I would pack up my family and never return.

Well the story turns for the better here on out. The manager informed me that she would return me my points for that night. She felt bad. I told her that would be acceptable. The next day they moved us while we were at the pool and it was seemless. Bravo VB!!!! They moved us to building 12 to a wonderful 1 bedroom. The rest of the trip was wonderful and relaxing. As relaxing as it could be with a 14 month old. We enjoyed the activities there and the July 4th activities were fun.

On our last morning I checked my DVC point balance and the points were returned to my account.

This was my third visit here and I look forward to returning in the future. Congrats to VB DVC managment for handling a bad situation fairly.

Well my family, 5 of us (wife and I, three children, boy 12, girl 10, boy 1), checked in at Vero Beach on June 30th. We had a reservation for a 1 bedroom unit. We checked in at 4:15 pm. Guess what? The room was not available. I had driven from NJ and was somewhat cranky about that. So at 5 pm I get the text that the room is ready. Ok, I was going to rant but decided to stay calm. We had a room on the ground floor by the pool. Good location to the pool and beach, nice. Oh wait a minute. When we walk in there was some type of monstorous air filter in the living room. Why I wondered? It didn't take long, a foul pungent food smell had penetrated the unit. It was disgusting. My wife called and management said they would bring air freshners over. They did the trick and we went out to eat and bought some groceries. When we returned the odor was the same. I had had it. I went to the front desk and was handed off to the manager immediately. She apologized but said there were no other units to move us in and would move us the next day. I said that is good and all but what about tonight. I informed her that my room was the equivalent of an econolodge in odor quality. I also told her that if I wasn't bound by my points for the 5 night stay, I would pack up my family and never return.

Well the story turns for the better here on out. The manager informed me that she would return me my points for that night. She felt bad. I told her that would be acceptable. The next day they moved us while we were at the pool and it was seemless. Bravo VB!!!! They moved us to building 12 to a wonderful 1 bedroom. The rest of the trip was wonderful and relaxing. As relaxing as it could be with a 14 month old. We enjoyed the activities there and the July 4th activities were fun.

On our last morning I checked my DVC point balance and the points were returned to my account.

This was my third visit here and I look forward to returning in the future. Congrats to VB DVC managment for handling a bad situation fairly.

Bravo to you for speaking up and handling the situation.

I am so glad you had a good rest of stay.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter