Recent Stay at OKW

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
We returned on Saturday from a 6 night stay in an OKW 2BR. We were a party of 3 adults and 5 kids including 2 2 year olds. I had requested NS, dedicated, near HH and 2 cribs and 2 highchairs. We got to the resort around 3:00 via DME and were not able to check in until about 4:30. We were given room 1722, a NS dedicated room. We had previously stayed in a BCV 2BR and an OKW studio. We LOVED this room. It was so big and in very good condition. It was about a 3 minute walk to the HH.
After unpacking we noticed there were only one crib and one highchair but after calling the front desk, someone soon brought the others down to us. We put one crib in the corner of the master bedroom and the other in the closet of the second bedroom. We had a nice balcony with a good view of the golf greens and a fountain, with the lighthouse in the background. We only used the pool one afternoon but all 5 kids loved it. One thing I hadn't thought to request was first floor. With 5 kids and 2 strollers it would have been much easier not to have to climb the stairs every night after very full days in the parks. I did comment to my husband that since our youngest of 3 will be 3 by the time of our next trip, this is the type of room we technically would need to reserve for just our family of 5. With the kids sleeping in the second bedroom they would be further away from us than they are at home. In this situation the size of the room makes me a little nervous.
One problem we had was that when returning to our room one night the thermostat was reading 99 and it was stifling hot. It was cooler outside. The thermostat was set on cool. We called maintenance and it took a while for someone to come. He came and worked on it, said it was cooling down and he would be back to check it in about 45 minutes. He basically said that one of us had to have changed the settings to heat but nobody had. Another worker returned later with a new themostat and said he had been told we had a bad thermostat, which was not what we had been told. He replaced it and it quickly cooled down considerably. The only other problem was the morning of check out. We called for bell services and were put on hold for several minutes. My husband finally walked over to get someone. It took a while before someone came but we made it to the HH for our DME pickup with time to spare.
While I want to try out all the DVC resorts I will definitely choose to stay at OKW again.

Glad you liked our "home"! You might want to reconsider that 1st floor idea, since many times if you get a first floor villa, you will be under a GV, and that is a lot of noise from them due to the number of people and the hardwood floors.

Glad you had a good trip! We are heading to OKW in 10 days! :banana: I was wondering how the buses were running. Our biggest debate is should we rent a car?!?

Much thanks! ::MinnieMo

I'm glad you have a good trip. For some reason, those new electronic thermostats seem to have "problems", same thing happened to us in a studio, heat kicked on in the middle of the night for no reason. It was hot, bit I turned the unit off and opened the balcony door (we were on an upper floor), then called maintenance in the morning. They replaced the thermostat while we were out for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter