Recent SSR stay

???? The GF pool is right outside of the vacation club building. As is the quick service at the Pool. The only pain there is the walk to the quick service in the morning for breakfast but at least it’s through the resort and not down the road.

I havnt stayed at Poly but really enjoyed the convenience of Bay Lake as well if I’m doing a trip that is focusing more on the resort.
Beaches Pool Bar and Grill has a very limited menu compared to Gasparilla Island Grill. Gasparilla is a hike from VGF. Distance is distance. Whether it is a 1400 foot hallway, 1400 foot walk on sidewalk through the resort or a 1400 foot walk on a sidewalk next to a road. Distance is distance. The only one that has some advantage is the hallway, you would be out of the weather, if there was some. SSR and OKW are spread out resorts and you can easily get on any bus and get dropped off at or near the main buildings.

We were at SSR this past August with our 5 kids. We stayed in the Paddock Area in the building with rooms 5501-5836. The pool and bus stop was right next to it, and the bridge to the Community House, boat launch, etc was right in front of our building. Perfect location. I will request it every time we go.

Sorry to hear you didn’t like the Saratoga resort
I recently bought into dvc at Saratoga springs and had our 1st stay in October and after little research asked to stay in the grandstand section and thought it was a great location
1st bus stop on and off , pool right there with a little snack bar and refillable mug station , and 5-10 min walk to carriage house and boats to DS

the room was dated and needs a refurb , but from the pictures I have seen so far of the updated rooms I have no regrets about my dvc choice
Anyone with small children with strollers and such should try the grandstand area just for it being the 1st bus stop

SSR is one of the best resorts at Disney! It has 2 theme pools along with a few more "quiet" pools. Sure it is expansive but that's why I like it and I take an interest an research the resort. We stay at the springs section and it has been fantastic every single time in over 7 trips to that resort only. The staff have always been excellent and the only issue I ever had was with the door lock not working properly and was unexpectedly well compensated by the resort GM for that as well. I honestly can't say enough about this place. The location is great in terms of being next to Disney Springs, if your a golfer it is heaven, and many talk about having to take the bus everywhere but I think they have had some of the best bus service at any resort. Sure the resort is really long in the tooth in terms of the rooms needing updating but that is fully underway now and it will be really impressive once completed. So for all the complaints I read most of them are from people who mostly rent points and are not owners there will never be back in all liklyhood so I take all that with a grain of salt and think of it in terms of every time someone doesn't want to stay there is another opportunity for my next reservation! :teacher:

I believe Kidani is >1/4 mile 1400’ from the farthest room to the center (I’ve heard 1/3 mile mentioned)
For sure!! We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom villas in Kidani a few years back....Took FOREVER to get from the bus to our room! I know we walk a lot at WDW, but once you get back to your resort, you feel like you are almost there, and then it's another long hike. Probably not bad if you have your own car and can park near an elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!