Recent Recipe Requests from WDW Resaurants

Evan_N

Earning My Ears
Has anyone recently requested a recipe from a Walt Disney World restaurant? If so, how? And what was the outcome?

I've seen some conflicting feedback lately that Disney is no longer handing them out at restaurants and not following through on e-mail requests. Thanks!

I didn't request one, but I did write to Disney to let them know that I enjoyed the restaurant and the server was excellent, I mentioned what I ordered.

I then received an email from the restaurant with the recipe. That was in January.

Did you know we have a cooking board filled w Disney recipes?
I’m moving your thread over there. Hope you find what you are looking for

I didn't email them, by the way.

I used snail mail.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

I emailed a week ago.

They told me they'd respond in 3 days.

I've heard (and expect to hear) nothing.

I response that I received did not come directly from the help center or even from guest services.

I received an email from the restaurant.

I am sure that it takes some time. (I could probably check how long after my letter that I received the email, but it might take a while.)

Update: I just received a response.

They won't give me the recipe.

This is the bulk of the email sent to me this morning:

"We want to thank you for your patience while we were attempting to obtain the recipe for the Perkins Thai Noodles during your visit.

Unfortunately, the Chefs are unable to give us this recipe for home use. We are sorry this is not the favorable response you were anticipating; we appreciate your understanding.

We hope that you and your family will be able to visit with us again real soon here at the Walt Disney World® Resort."

I wouldn't be sure that they "won't" give you the recipe, rather that they can't give you the recipe.

Some recipes can't be reduced to a normal recipe. They are designed to be made at a restaurant, not a home.

I only say this because of how to letter was worded. "Unable to give us this recipe for home use."

Another thought is that the recipe is somehow proprietary. As I said, they sent a recipe to me in March/April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!