Recent Grand Californian and BC visit

nd43

Disney Fan
We just spent a night in a regular hotel room at the Grand Californian and last year we stayed at a regular hotel room at Beach Club. We really enjoyed both visits.

However, several times on this board I have seen people mention the "regular" hotel rooms are maintained better then the DVC villas.

Unfortunately, this has not been our experience. Both the GC room and the BC room had obvious issues. I would like to say the villas have been much better, but unfortunately, it would be more accurate to say both regular hotel rooms and villas can have really obvious maintenance problems. I personally would not rate one above the other.

I just think both type of rooms get a ton of use and if you happen to get a bad one, you can get a bad one in either place.

The grounds were gorgeous and common hotel areas were great. However, our actual hotel rooms were poor.

BTW, who besides Disney could charge almost $600 per night for a regular hotel room at the GC and give you a plastic curtain and a small standard tub/shower right out of a motel 6. Honestly, the bathroom setup in a standard GC hotel room is a disgrace given the price they charge. The shower setup in the BC was no better. If you only stay in villas, you just might not remember just how bad the standard shower is in the "deluxe" hotel rooms. It is sad! As a big guy, this is often a missed point when talking about DVC (a larger, separate shower in the villas). Boy, I missed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter