Recent experience with military salute tickets first use

interstate70s

DIS Veteran
My husband is active duty military. We are traveling to Disneyland in November with extended family and we are all using the salute tickets. The last time I used them at Disneyland( years ago) it was pretty unclear whether or not our friends had to be with us just for the first use or every time they entered the park. The person at the ITT told me it should only be for the first use, now that they take your picture at the gates. Just wondering if anyone who has used these tickets recently can confirm.

Any recent experience adding maxpass to these tickets? Thanks!

We use the salute tickets every year and just got back a couple of weeks ago from a trip. You only need to have the military member with you when you activate the ticket. They’ll take a picture and then you don’t need to have him/her with you for the rest of the time. A few years back, they were really strict about it and the military member had to be with you every time you went in to the park. Thankfully they’ve eased up in that. The max pass is easy to add once you’ve activated your tickets. Hope that helps!

Does anybody know if you can activate this for the first time at the Grand Californian entrance?

Thank you!

Yep, what PinkTink11 said. The service member only needs be present and show ID upon activation, thank goodness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter