Recent experience at Swan/Dolpin suites?

disneylovinfamilyof6

Mouseketeer
We have never stayed at the Swan/Dolphin (only Disney deluxe resorts), but due to availability I am considering a split stay for our upcoming trip to Disney. We have 6 kids (2 teens, 2 elementary schoolers, and 2 infants), so Disney's deluxe suites or DVC villas typically suit our family and space needs best. I was able to secure the garden wing hospitality suite at the Contemporary for the 1st half of our stay, but most of the Disney suites (except for some VP/Presidential suites) and all of the 2br villas are booked with the exception of Saratoga Treehouse villas which I feel are too far away from the parks.

If you have recently stayed at the Swan or Dolphin suites will you please give me your honest opinion and feedback? The Dolphin Grand Villa suite is what I currently have reserved for our dates. We were told that the executive suites and grand villa suites at both properties were both large enough for our our family. Also, would you pick Swan or Dolphin? I was told that all of the room remodeling will be completed at Swan by our visit, which is a definite upside. However, I was also told that there are very few rooms at Swan that have Epcot firework views. Supposedly the suite at Dolphin does have a lake view/partial firework view (which swayed my vote to the Dolphin).

Any help is appreciated! Thank you :)

We've stayed at a Dolphin grand suite and Swan executive suite (lower level suite by their measure) and I enjoyed the Swan Deluxe much more. A lot of that had to do with the recent Swan renovations and the balconies. Both are very spacious and work much better for our family v. a Boardwalk or Beach Club suite. I don't know what differentiated the executive suite from the grand as they seemed to be of similar size. There are two entries, two full separate baths, and two balconies at the swan. Here are some photos of the renovated Swan suite. Sorry, I didn't take pics of the Dolphin

http://www.disboards.com/threads/sw...-swan-renovation-photos-pg-75.3264274/page-65

We will be going back to the Swan this week and are booked in another executive suite. I'll post more pictures if it's different than our previous stay.

Staying at the Dolphin for the very first time this year and excited about it. Can anyone tell me anything about this resort plz?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!