Recent Cruisers... how much did YOU spend on photos?

ToDisney

Disney and Scrapbooking Addict!!
Trying to come up with some sort of guesstimate as to how much we're gonna be spending. Thanks to the Passporter, I've got my lists going, but I don't have any idea how much to expect to spend on photos the ships photographers take. (I'm a scrapbooker, so I do intend to bring my own cameras and lots of film. At the same time, I know I'm going to end up buying lots from the ship, too.)

TIA

Be careful, ToDisney. You could end up keyboarding with only one hand and hobbling around on only one foot...

I purchased the 10 photo package on the first night, but did not find 10 6 X 8's that I wanted, so ended up getting a refund on the last night and just getting what I wanted. A lot of the pictures I wanted were 8 X 10's. I purchased 4 8 X 10's at $20 each and 7 6X 8's at $10 each. I ended up having a lot of the same poses on my own cameras. They are glad to take a picture for you with your own camera. I suggest getting your picture made every chance you get, because some of them will not turn out, i.e. eyes closed! Keep them together at Shutters and pick out the best ones at the end of your cruise. They told me they do not separate pictures that people have put together. Just remember to note which photo you put in front. I had to search for mine a time or two!

Since I'm a sucker for pictures of my kids with the characters, I spent $375.00 on pics. Bought two different 6x8 packages and then some 8x10's at $20.00 a shot.

We got off easy and spent only about $80. We bought only the semi-formal night pictures - 2 8X10 and 2 5X7. Sure there were other pictures that were taken that were o.k. but we also had our digital camera and had taken a ton of pictures ourselves!

Not a dime. We avoided the posed photographers on our first trip. None of the candids looked worth getting to us.

Second trip, we tried to get a family photo. First night, the picture wasn't very good. Second time, DD was getting sick, and it showed in the picture.

We took lots of fantastic photos with our digital camera, and I was happier with them than anything the photographers took.

we spent about $115 - we purchased the 6x8 10-pack (we used a couple of our 10 prints as reprints of 6x8 photos for grandma) and 2 $20 8x10 photos. Note, 8X10 photos cannot be reprinted in 6x8 size....

We too took our digital camera, and took lots of photos. If you have a digital camera, test your digital camera in the various light settings inside the ship to determine whether or not you will need flash or other settings.....

If you want formal portraits taken, I suggest arriving at the beginning of the stated time, and possing for as many as possible. If you have more than one child, it is hard to get a picture where everyone looks good!

Also, don't bother with buying extra portraits of the ones you like, you can get a photo release from the companies website and then take the pictures to one of the Kodak picture makers at WalMart, CVS, Target etc. and make copies there. You can then make them whatever size you like, 8x10, 5x7 wallets etc.

Here's the link http://www.image.com/DisneyMagicCopyrightRelease.pdf

This saved us a ton of money. There was one great picture of my boys on formal night, which I loved, and instead of getting reprints at $20 each I got them for $5.00 for an 8x10 at CVS pharmacy. I had 8x10's made for the grandparents and 5x7's made for my husband's office.

We only spent $70 on pictures on the ship, 3 8x10's and 1 6x8.

I too have a digital camera, and had the CM's take pictures with my camera with the characters. I bought one 6x8 with Mickey and Minnie becuase it was better than the one the CM took with my camera, all others my camera's pictures were great.

I purchased the 10 6 by 8 for 84.99 package and 3 of the 8by10's at 20.00 each. I'm a scrapbooker so I also had pictures with my own camera of the charactors, especially for the charactor breakfast.

I took about 400 pictures with my digital camera; once I edited out the bad ones it was down to about 250. Because I'm a shutterbug I really didn't think I'd get any of the photographers' prints, but then I saw one of my little guy with Mickey (taken just as my own camera batteries went dead) and I was suckered in!!

I bought 4 6x8s and 1 8x10. I purchased the folio for our 8x10, which came with a "free" ship photo of my choice (the folio was $20). It makes a really beautiful memento. I also bought one of their stock photos of Mickey on Castaway Cay, which was $5.

Also, don't bother with buying extra portraits of the ones you like, you can get a photo release from the companies website and then take the pictures to one of the Kodak picture makers at WalMart, CVS, Target etc. and make copies there. You can then make them whatever size you like, 8x10, 5x7 wallets etc.

I sure wish I had known this! Together my mother-in-law and I spent $40 on reprints!

I spent about 150 or so....I am sure I will spend more on this next cruise though, I love the pics they take, 9 out of 10 came out really good!

I love the pictures and am terrible about getting the film developed. I think I averaged about $200 per 7 day cruise.:eek:

We didn't purchase any photos on our last trip! It wasn't that I didn't want to spend the money, I just truly wasn't pleased with any of the pictures that were taken. I have some photos from our cruise 2 years ago, and hope I get good ones again when we sail next year!

Oh my....photos of our gang is a big weakness. ;)

As this may have been a 'once in a lifetime' family cruise for us we did not skimp here.....also took 30+ rolls of film, plus digital. :) I am guesstimating appx. $400.+ for our four families. We also had the release and made copies when we returned. Enjoy!

Be careful, ToDisney. You could end up keyboarding with only one hand and hobbling around on only one foot...

Buckaroo's Dad ~ You are too funny!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter