Recent Buena vista Scooter Reviews?

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
i know folks are raving good things about Gold Mobility Scooters.
But I am interested in recent experiences with Buena Vista Scooters.
Also what experience did you have with a rear basket on a scooter and using Disney buses. Did you have to remove the basket to fit?
Thank You

My last experience with Buena Vista Scooters was in October, 2017, and it was fine. The only problem was that I thought the basket was very small, even smaller than the one on Walker's Scooter I'd had previously. On the Gold Mobility Scooter, I had the rear basket and never had to remove it, or even considered it. Just LOVED the extra room, having two baskets. I took the bus at least 4 times, and the rear basket didn't matter at all.

We rented from Buena Vista for our 2018 trips. They were wonderful and gave us a discount for renting two scooters (just 10%, but something is better than nothing). They drop off and pick up at the resorts without you having to be present. We also had some mechanical difficulties this last trip and they brought us out replacement ECV's with no issue. The baskets in the front were okay. I don't bring much with me into the parks, so it was not a concern. Enjoy your trip!

Thank You @Ruthie5671 What type of mechanical difficulties did you have? Was it both scooters? How quickly did they respond?
Thanks in Advance

It was both scooters at different times. Ironically, the problems were the same - they weren't keeping a charge. We would charge them all night long and then the next morning we had very little go-go juice. Fortunately, we were still at the hotel for both incidences and they responded with new ECV's within an hour each time. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

It was both scooters at different times. Ironically, the problems were the same - they weren't keeping a charge. We would charge them all night long and then the next morning we had very little go-go juice. Fortunately, we were still at the hotel for both incidences and they responded with new ECV's within an hour each time. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

They replaced my batteries on my personal mobility scooter years ago. That is when I learned something new about my mobility scooter and the batteries.

The batteries were charged every night. But I noticed that it took fewer hours to fully charge. And the batteries did not last as long each day.

One day, I was at MK and the batteries went dead midday. I was able to recharge it enough to get back to my resort, but it took about an hour of recharging from an MK outlet that a cast member showed me across from the merry go round.

The battery LED lights were all lit up as if fully charged on the morning when I woke up.

It appears that parts of the battery were dead and that the mobility scooter's LED battery indicator lights only reflected the working parts of the batteries were fully charged.

I was not aware of this information before.

So if your batteries recharge more quickly overnight and they last a shorter length of time during the day, your batteries may be dying and it is time to buy new ones.

If I were renting a mobility scooter today and noticed this, I would ask for a new rental scooter suspecting that the present mobility scooter's batteries were getting old and no longer able to hold a full charge because parts of the batteries were dead.

I noticed the quicker charge one rainy day when I stayed in and watched TV before going out.

I noticed the green light on the charger appeared after being plugged in after only four hours after my mobility scooter's LED lights had shown that it needed to be recharged.

I just thought that it was interesting. Maybe technology will improve in the future to know how old the batteries are and if any parts of the batteries are dead beside watching to see how long it takes to fully charge and how long it lasts on that charge.

I can tell you I didn't like being stuck at MK with my own mobility scooter and unable to get back to my resort room. If I had known, maybe I could have called Buena Vista to come to pick it up for me. I don't know if they would do that for a personal mobility scooter.

I also don't know if the vendor staff actually know if how long the batteries had been on a rental scooter and how old the mobility scooter batteries are.

I do know that Gold Mobility charge out their entire fleet of rental mobility scooters every six months. Mobility scooter batteries last longer than six months even if used every day.

Gold Mobility even puts batteries in their scooters that are more heavy duty and last longer than standard mobility scooter batteries.

Not all scooters have the option of using another heavy duty battery over the standard battery that comes with it, but Gold Mobility does.

Gold Mobility just listed on Facebook that they were selling their six-month-old scooters on a first come, first serve basis.

I have no idea how much they sell them for nor the process to buy them.

I just thought it was interesting.

Also what experience did you have with a rear basket on a scooter and using Disney buses. Did you have to remove the basket to fit?
Thank You

@RaySharpton As I stated in my Opening Post, I know folks are raving about GMS. Is that your point too?

Yes. And I have never rented from them because I own my own wheelchair.

I believe the company like Gold Mobility Scooters, that changes out their mobility scooters every six months is far superior to any company like Buena Vista Scooters and all of the others.

Pre-delivery contact for scheduled personalized one on one rental scooter delivery at your resort or hotel.

All GMS mobility scooters are delivered to our customers with FREE upgraded extended range batteries.

All GMS mobility scooters are delivered to our customers with FREE adjustable cup-holders.

All GMS mobility scooters are delivered to our customers with a FREE cell phone holder.

All GMS mobility scooters are delivered to our customers with a FREE USB phone charging port.

All GMS mobility scooters are delivered to our customers with a FREE upgraded L.E.D. ground safety lighting.

All GMS mobility Victory 10 rental scooters are delivered to our customers with a FREE upgrade with a maximum comfort luxury Captain’s chair and a 3 Speed Cooling Fan!

All GMS mobility scooters offer affordable flat rate all inclusive pricing.

[GALLERY=]All GMS mobility scooters accessories provided FREE of charge.

All GMS mobility scooters offer FREE damage waiver policy.

All GMS mobility scooters offer FREE in-person delivery and pickup included.

All GMS mobility scooters offer Risk-FREE with never any Cancellation charges, or Change fee's ever. Life happens, and we at Gold Mobility Scooters understand!

24-hour access via text message to our theme park experts if any question should arise during your stay.

I have no recent experience with Buena Vista Scooters except when they replaced my batteries.

Thank You

No, you do not need to remove their basket.

Last edited:
@RaySharpton Thank You
I have read all of that info. Buena Vista Scooters offer lots (Not All) of the same things. Some of the things that GMS offers are not value added to me. Some are actually negatives.
I strongly prefer the ability to have my scooter delivered and picked up from Bell Services and to be available to me at MY convenience. I understand that GMS advertises their "in person delivery" as a plus. It is not to me.
But I want a dependable scooter, for sure. So I am asking for reviews of folks who have actually used Buena Vista. Like you, I can read GMS advertising. Unfortunately I am actually offended by your reply. I stated I knew GMS had rave reviews.
I asked for reviews of recent Buena Vista users.
But you haven't actually used either.
Thank You anyway.

Last edited:
I've rented from BVS the past 3 years of trips listed below except the last one in August 2018 when I rented from Gold Mobility - so the last time was a spring break trip in March of 2018). As time went on with BVS I had more problems with their rentals. One time (the most recent summer CSR trip in 2017) I had to have the scooter swapped out twice because it made such a terrible noise - like the squeaky wheel you get on a shopping cart. It was very loud -so loud people turned around to see what the heck was coming up from behind them - lol! BVS was snarky about replacing it too - they said that's not issue they will normally replace a scooter for. Honestly I wasn't being picky - it was LOUD - and so was the 2nd one they brought! I've never had that before when renting from them and it was awful. Battery life of the scooters was ok- I often had to recharge during the day. I got one scooter (a December trip 2016) that the battery life was horrible. I should have had that one switched out but didn't. I had to have one switched out (the GF stay 2016) because the one they left was broken somehow - it would only go turtle speed. One time they claimed they didn't find the scooter at bell services to pick up- but they did and had already picked it up (2017 I think).

I don't think you will go horribly wrong at all renting from them. If you need one delivered to Bell Services I'd probably go with them over other companies I've read about. I would choose them again if I needed it going to Bell Services. For the March 2018 trip I didn't have any mechanical issues with the scooter. Over the years I've seen the quality/condition of their scooters deteriorate - they send scooters with torn seats that look like they've been through hades and back sometimes. Their customer service is ok but I was very put off by the 2 squeaky scooters they brought me. I was hesitant to switch to Gold Mobility because I too liked the convenience of the Bell Services but after my experience in August I wouldn't think twice about it. Another downside for Gold (for some) is their rental period at minimum was a week and I often do short (3 day) trips.

I've rented from BVS the past 3 years of trips listed below except the last one in August 2018 when I rented from Gold Mobility - so the last time was a spring break trip in March of 2018). As time went on with BVS I had more problems with their rentals. One time (the most recent summer CSR trip in 2017) I had to have the scooter swapped out twice because it made such a terrible noise - like the squeaky wheel you get on a shopping cart. It was very loud -so loud people turned around to see what the heck was coming up from behind them - lol! BVS was snarky about replacing it too - they said that's not issue they will normally replace a scooter for. Honestly I wasn't being picky - it was LOUD - and so was the 2nd one they brought! I've never had that before when renting from them and it was awful. Battery life of the scooters was ok- I often had to recharge during the day. I got one scooter (a December trip 2016) that the battery life was horrible. I should have had that one switched out but didn't. I had to have one switched out (the GF stay 2016) because the one they left was broken somehow - it would only go turtle speed. One time they claimed they didn't find the scooter at bell services to pick up- but they did and had already picked it up (2017 I think).

I don't think you will go horribly wrong at all renting from them. If you need one delivered to Bell Services I'd probably go with them over other companies I've read about. I would choose them again if I needed it going to Bell Services. For the March 2018 trip I didn't have any mechanical issues with the scooter. Over the years I've seen the quality/condition of their scooters deteriorate - they send scooters with torn seats that look like they've been through hades and back sometimes. Their customer service is ok but I was very put off by the 2 squeaky scooters they brought me. I was hesitant to switch to Gold Mobility because I too liked the convenience of the Bell Services but after my experience in August I wouldn't think twice about it. Another downside for Gold (for some) is their rental period at minimum was a week and I often do short (3 day) trips.
Thank you @Selket This is extremely helpful and exactly what I am looking for. I appreciate your time.

@RaySharpton Thank You
I have read all of that info. Buena Vista Scooters offer lots (Not All) of the same things. Some of the things that GMS offers are not value added to me. Some are actually negatives.
I strongly prefer the ability to have my scooter delivered and picked up from Bell Services and to be available to me at MY convenience. I understand that GMS advertises their "in person delivery" as a plus. It is not to me.
But I want a dependable scooter, for sure. So I am asking for reviews of folks who have actually used Buena Vista. Like you, I can read GMS advertising. Unfortunately I am actually offended by your reply. I stated I knew GMS had rave reviews.
I asked for reviews of recent Buena Vista users.
But you haven't actually used either.
Thank You anyway.

Bless your heart. I hope that you find the right vendor for you.

I do know that Gold Mobility charge out their entire fleet of rental mobility scooters every six months. Mobility scooter batteries last longer than six months even if used every day. Gold Mobility even puts batteries in their scooters that are more heavy duty and last longer than standard mobility scooter batteries.

I'm glad it was helpful. Also to speak to Ray's point - he is right and I agree that the Gold Scooters had noticeably massively better battery life than the BV scooters. I think I could have gone 2-3 days on one charge. BV I almost always had to charge while at the parks. I kind of got used to do it - knowing where I can charge the scooter, etc. Definitely charge it overnight in your room and bring the charger with you.

I also rented the rear basket once and absolutely hated it - lol! I took it off and never tried getting on the bus with it. I felt like I went from driving a regular car to a tractor trailer truck - just the length of the scooter threw me off for trying to back up, turn corners, fit in to the elevator, etc. I think that's one of those things particular to the person - but if you find you don't like the basket it is easy to remove.

I rented from Buena Vista, November 2017. My scooter broke down and could not be pushed (and yes we know about the lever) We called the company and a young man said that we had to push the scooter from Contemporary Hotel to Pop. First of all, if I could push a scooter that far I would not be renting one. Most importantly, I was reporting that it would not allow anyone to push it. I had to demand a supervisor who wasn't very nice but did send someone out to swap scooters. Customer service is poor in my opinion. I had better service with Apple but will use Gold this year.

Have to say that I have rented from BVS quite a few times and never had any trouble.
One interesting thing was that in January, for the first time, I rented a scooter with the basket on the back. We took the bus a number of times and I had no problem except for one bus driver. She said that I would have to remove the basket on the back before I got on to the bus. I told her that I had taken quite a few of the Disney buses with the scooter and never had a problem with the back basket. She told me that because she was "vertically challenged" that I had to remove the back basket! I didn't want to argue with her so I removed it. But WTH does her being short (vertically challenged) have to do with me getting on the bus with the back basket?
Anyway, never a problem with BVS. We would be at the parks all day and the scooter was always well charged. I would charge it at night and that was it.
Good luck and enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter