Recent Breast Cancer Diagnosis

Dimples1973ca

Mouseketeer
I am not sure if I am in denial or what but I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. It is not normally an aggressive cancer and my surgeon is expecting a very good result. My surgery is January 13 but I really don't feel like I think I should feel. Have anyone gone through this and felt this way. The only thing that is bothering me is the fact that I have no control. August has been our go to Disney month for the last 5 years. I don't want to put my life on hold because of the treatment unknowns. Grrrr so frustrating. Just needed to vent. Thanks!

So sorry you have to go through this. I know when you hear the C word its still like a punch in the gut.

The ladies on the breast cancer thread on the community board are a wealth of information. Just go to that thread and they will answer any questions you might have. I hang around them but I have been on the thyroid cancer journey.

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I wish you an easy treatment and recovery. Sometimes it is easier to focus on other things when something so serious is going on. IMHO there is no "normal" way to feel, everyone is different.

I am now in my 70s - at least 20-25 of my friends have had breast cancer. All are during well.

My mother died of breast cancer because she'd never had a mammogram. My only fear is not knowing that I have breast cancer - not actually having breast cancer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter