Reassure me!

clarabelle

<font color=green>Pandas don't seem to have much o
We got our back packs yesterday!
Yea!
We are going to Ireland in June. We booked an extra day up front to get over the jetlag. I understand that I have transfers with this -cause we booked the extra day through ABD.
The thing is -I am worried about it. I am anxious that we will get to the airport and not have transportation.
Any thoughts??

Had a one-day pre-stay booked through ABD at the Sea Temple in Australia and Disney did have someone pick us up at the Cairns airport.

We had a greeter when we got into London a day early; however, no transportation. The greeter walked us to where we could grab a cab and pay for it ourselves and then have our guide reimburse us. We got 100 pounds at the airport ATM and it took every bit of that :scared1: as the cab ride was pretty expensive. :rotfl2:

We have traveled in Europe on our own before so this arrangement was fine with us.

Pakey did you know ahead of time you were going to need the cash?

We arrived one day early on all 3 ABD's we have been on. On each one we were greeted by an ABD rep (not the guides) and driven to our hotel. In Spain the driver did not speak English, but we knew enough Spanish to exchange a few words. (Won't be a problem in Ireland). In Germany the driver was a little late. We had just started to panic and started looking for some phone numbers to call (waiting maybe 20 min) when he arrived with his cute little abd sign. He spoke English.
We are arriving one day early in South Africa in June this year. Someone will greet us, I know, but, because I am neurotic, I will call ABD to confirm this a few days before our trip.

We arrived a day early in Rome for our Viva Italia tour last year. The ABD rep was in the baggage claim area with the ABD logo sign. He then took our luggage and walked us to our driver.

I hope Poppins 2000 chimes in because I know she arrived a few days early in Dublin.

Pakey did you know ahead of time you were going to need the cash?

No. When we got there, the AbD "greeter" told me he didn't know what had happened to our driver. He called AbD and they told him to just have us grab a cab. When he told us that we were going to do that, we went to the ATM there and got 100 pounds. We thought that would be enough to last us for at least a day (we use our credit cards as much as possible in Europe) but no, the cab ride plus tip took all of it. There was an ATM close to the hotel so no biggie.

The next morning, when we met the AbD guides, we gave them the cab receipt and they reimbursed us.

I have no idea how often this happens for people coming in a day early. The greeter and our guides did not act like it was unusual.

On our Peru trip we came in a day earlier and had a greeter and driver to take us to our hotel...it is my understanding that if you don't book the extra day through ABD, you will be responsible for your own transportation, but if you book the extra day through them, they will transport you.

On our Peru trip we came in a day earlier and had a greeter and driver to take us to our hotel...it is my understanding that if you don't book the extra day through ABD, you will be responsible for your own transportation, but if you book the extra day through them, they will transport you.

We booked through them. The greeter was there in baggage claim to instruct us to take the cab because a personal driver was unavailable. They paid for the transportation, after the fact, in the way of reimbursement.

I have no idea how often it is done this way. This is just the way it was done for us.

Thanks
I was told by ABD on the phone I had transpo - I just needed someone to back them up I guess.
Thanks again everyone!

I forget...are you on the June 17th ABD? We are also coming in a day early...when does your flight come in? Who are you flying with?

We are on US Air and arrive at 8:40am on the 16th.

We got our back packs yesterday!
Yea!
We are going to Ireland in June. We booked an extra day up front to get over the jetlag. I understand that I have transfers with this -cause we booked the extra day through ABD.
The thing is -I am worried about it. I am anxious that we will get to the airport and not have transportation.
Any thoughts??

We booked two pre-nights with our ABD Ireland last year and we were picked up at the Dublin airport (once we picked up our luggage and went through customs). Driver met us, he saw us first - the ABD luggage handle covers were the giveaway - and took us straight to the Westin!

I forget...are you on the June 17th ABD? We are also coming in a day early...when does your flight come in? Who are you flying with?

We are on US Air and arrive at 8:40am on the 16th.

We are flying Delta and will arrive at 10:00 AM on the 16th!!

... and sometimes ABD will send a greeter for an early arrival even when they aren't supposed to. I went on Backstage Magic in December and since I live in New England and it was winter, I opted to fly in a day early. Instead of booking a pre-trip night at the Renaissance, I booked a less expensive night at the Westin LAX and planned to take the free airport shuttle to the Westin that night and back to LAX the next morning to meet the ABD greeter. I gave ABD my flight info and they told me it would be easiest for me to just plan to return to LAX the next morning to join up with my friend when she arrived at the United baggage claim and the greeter would meet us there.

Boy was I surprised when I landed late Monday night and saw a towncar driver holding up a sign with my name on it! He directed me to his car and said, "And now we're off to the Renaissance!" He was confused when I explained that I was going to the Westin LAX instead. The next morning I went to LAX and spotted my friend's greeter and explained to him that he was getting an extra passenger. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter