Reasons why I should upgrade to AKL!

Magalex

DIS Veteran
We have reservations in June for Movies. We are WDW vets and always happy with values and moderates. No matter what we always have fantastic vacations at WDW. Give me positive reasons why we should take the dive (with a discount) to try AKL.

AKL is my favorite resort and is very unique. The theming is incredible and the animals make it really special. Their restaurants are my favorite on property. The only reason I would say don't do it is because you may not want to ever stay anywhere else on property again!

Congrats!!!! As far as room requests, when I stay there I don't usually make requests in the hope that they give me one of the standard rooms with a partial view of the savanna. I am afraid a request may impede that somehow. A lot of people request close to lobby because the walk can be a bit longer from the rooms at the far end of the resort but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Oh, and request close to the lobby if you don't want to walk 10 miles to get to your room.

Don’t do it! If you’re like me, once I upgrade, I can’t go back. If you’re happy where you usually stay at, save your money and enjoy!

Don’t do it! If you’re like me, once I upgrade, I can’t go back. If you’re happy where you usually stay at, save your money and enjoy!

It sure is hard to go back, isn't it? I do, and I enjoy whereever I stay, but boy those beautiful Deluxe keep calling!

We just stayed there for three nights in December, and I think you'll love it!

I really don't find myself "spoiled" by bouncing around resort types. There's something great about all of them!

Have many floors in a section at AKL? We usually request top floor at other resorts.

WE UPGRADED! It is a surprise for my son's high school graduation. We booked standard. Any suggestions for room request near lobby/ bus stops?
Take a look at the Touringplans.com room finder. I think it’s really helpful in finding and requesting a room.

We have been taking our DS every other year since he was in "K". He graduates from high school in June and I wanted to give him a little surprise when we line up for Magical Express. He is heading to film studies/media art for college so his time at Disney as a child has been a big influence.

We stayed there this past Summer and requested a room through tourinplans. I got exactly what I requested, which was a standard room with a partial savannah view (and when I say partial, we could see the whole thing- we just had one of those people pens below our balcony, which was really no big deal. We saw animals every time we looked out.) The walk to the lobby was longer than one right next to the lobby, but to be honest, as someone who has stayed in all of the values and some of the moderates, even the longest walk at AKL is less painful than the walk at one of the other hotels. It was nice to be inside and not have to go outside to get food, go to the lobby, or do some laundry, especially on rainy days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter