Realistically...

Sara_H

999 ghosts with room for 1 more...
Realistically when do you think you will be able to enter SWGE and actually comfortably look around and maybe even eat in there? I know the ride lines will be long for a good 10 years... How long did it take for TS to get like that or is it not like that yet? (Last time we were at HS, TS wasn't open yet)

Depends on what your definition of comfortably is. You will be able to get in probably within days of it opening but its going to be crowded. Disney is also said to be limiting certain things to help with crowds. TSL still gets very crowded and probably uncomfortable to some.

there are so many factors at play that this type of question is almost impossible to answer.
Crowd tolerance
Time of day
Time of year
Crowd behavior
And with all the vbloggers / fansite people saying that it won't be as bad as predicted, will people now come thinking that it won't be as bad? will people stay away thinking it will be bad? Will people at home see crowd reactions/popularity and then book only to find a lot of people do the same?....the what ifs are endless.
I know, I'm no help at all.

there are so many factors at play that this type of question is almost impossible to answer.
Crowd tolerance
Time of day
Time of year
Crowd behavior
And with all the vbloggers / fansite people saying that it won't be as bad as predicted, will people now come thinking that it won't be as bad? will people stay away thinking it will be bad? Will people at home see crowd reactions/popularity and then book only to find a lot of people do the same?....the what ifs are endless.
I know, I'm no help at all.
Yeah I really think it depends on the person.

Am not sure but may the force be with you

And also with you

I think it will be really interesting to see the crowd patterns - with this opening on both coasts within the same year it really is unprecedented... so once we get like 6 months out from DHS’s opening will both coasts be equally crowded? Will more flock to WDW? Will be really interesting

I'm still expecting it to be awful in summer 2020, that way if it's not, I'm pleasantly surprised.

But my definition of awful is different than someone else's (thank you years of NYC subway commutes)

I think the anticipation is leading to some overreaction. I went the diagon alley the year it opened during Christmas break and had no problem riding both rides, getting a wand and eating at the restaurant. We went at rope drop. Same for pandora. Went in the summer a year later had no problem getting on both rides, eating at satuli and buying a banshee. As long as you plan and go early I think everyone will have an opportunity to do it all in a morning and afternoon.

I think it will be years before the crowd drops down. Look at Pandora, its still very crowded every day with long standby lines for the rides. And Avatar has no where near the following that Star Wars has.
Ogas sounds really fun. I hate to see the wait times to get in. I suspect it will be a long wait.

I'm really hoping that I can actually enter the land as well. I have no intentions of riding, but I would like to look around. But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm really hoping that I can actually enter the land as well. I have no intentions of riding, but I would like to look around. But I'm not holding my breath.
I am in the same boat here as we will be leaving August 30th so we will be staying onsite already when it opens and I would like to see it ( being a Star Wars Geek) but my teenage daughter will not be as impressed. Wondering should we even try to get in on the 29th? What are thoughts on what they may do for resort guests in DisneyWorld to help? Or will it just be a massive surge to get in with lines several hours before rope drop and even resort guest wont be able to get in because unless the shift things that is not an Morning Extra Magic Hours Hollywood Studios Park day which would give the resort guest at least that first hour to get in before the surge of crowds arrive.

Well I am waiting until Feb of 2021 for the worst of the mad rush to die down. And on the plus side this site will have a ton of useful information then.

I think it will be years before the crowd drops down. Look at Pandora, its still very crowded every day with long standby lines for the rides. And Avatar has no where near the following that Star Wars has.
Ogas sounds really fun. I hate to see the wait times to get in. I suspect it will be a long wait.

Definitely. Toy Story Land isn't that great of an example. It's a really small area with just one small dining area, and it's not really able to handle the crowds for the new rides. Avatar Land is a bit better of a comparison I feel like, and that's still really crowded, even with people not riding the rides. Plus, nobody was really coming to Disney just for Avatar. I can't say the same for the new Star Wars area though.

I'm going at the 6 months mark. I'm hoping DHS is "normal" by then if I avoid SWGE, and I'd like to get a better look at Toy Story Land. I would think I can easily get in and look at SWGE by then, but I expect crowds and will make the visit brief.

I'm still expecting it to be awful in summer 2020, that way if it's not, I'm pleasantly surprised.

But my definition of awful is different than someone else's (thank you years of NYC subway commutes)

One can hope that at the year mark it'll have died down some, but I'm not expecting that. Like you, though, I'll expect it to be crowded when I head down, and if it's not, good.

Going May of 2020. I expect that the rides will still have exceptionally long lines and you will need a fastpass in one way, shape or form in order to ride.

I do expect by that time we will be able to tour the land, stopping in shops, etc. with moderate crowds, but not insane crowds of opening. Busy, but comfortable-ish.

I'll use above reference - Chicago CTA helps me handle crowds.

we'll see! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter