REAL front desk phone number

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
When I checked in to the BC last month, they did something I'd never gotten before and I thought it was nice. They gave me a business card with the phone number of the REAL front desk at BC. The CM told me that they were aware that the phone in the rooms went to a call center when it said "front desk", so they wanted their guests to have the real phone number to contact them. I never used it, but I thought it was a nice touch. Anyone else experience this?

When I checked in to the BC last month, they did something I'd never gotten before and I thought it was nice. They gave me a business card with the phone number of the REAL front desk at BC. The CM told me that they were aware that the phone in the rooms went to a call center when it said "front desk", so they wanted their guests to have the real phone number to contact them. I never used it, but I thought it was a nice touch. Anyone else experience this?

Not the front desk, but a resort manager gave us his business card (due to a medical emergency), which we used to keep in touch via text. I don’t think I’ve ever had a WDW business card handed to me (?), could be wrong, but thought it was very nice.

That's great! First time I have heard that guests were receiving info that would get you to the front desk. Did you get this at check in at the front desk or at another visit/interaction with a CM?

Thanks again for sharing the news. I'm sure that they appreciate you not sharing the number, since it sounds like they would like to make sure guests who are onsite can get prompt assistance if they need it.

::yes::

This is fantastic news! I'm surprised it has taken this long for one of the resorts to do this. I hope it rolls out to all of them eventually. Sometimes, you just need the front desk and don't want to take a walk lol.

Years ago I had several issues with BCV. Manger gave me a card. Giving all guests a card with the "real" front desk number would defeat the purpose of having a call center handle routine calls. I don't think the front desk is staffed to handle many phone calls.

And in the age of the internet, it will take no time for it to be readily found anywhere if they're handing them out to everyone.

That's great! First time I have heard that guests were receiving info that would get you to the front desk. Did you get this at check in at the front desk or at another visit/interaction with a CM?

::yes::

I got this at check-in, it seemed to be part of the normal check-in process-"Here's [this, this] and here's the number of the actual front desk so you can reach here from your room.."
I double-checked when I got home, and it's the same number listed in the UOG as the resort's phone number.

What they are handing out as the "real front desk number" does not actually get you to the front desk of your resort. It still goes to the Call Center. The new resort room phones will no longer have a Front Desk button so they are giving out these cards so guests have something to call. But who you will be talking to has not changed.

I got one for Pop after an issue. It was to a manager there. I never had to call him but it was nice just having it.

What they are handing out as the "real front desk number" does not actually get you to the front desk of your resort. It still goes to the Call Center. The new resort room phones will no longer have a Front Desk button so they are giving out these cards so guests have something to call. But who you will be talking to has not changed.

If I call the 'front desk' from my room to request more towels and pillows who answers? Does the call center then contact the hotel on my behalf to request the items?

Yes if you use your in room phone and the Front Desk button, your call goes to a call center. Note that for towels and or pillows you should be using the Housekeeping button for these requests and this Housekeeping call goes to Housekeeping team within your individual resort.

Dave

And in the age of the internet, it will take no time for it to be readily found anywhere if they're handing them out to everyone.
Did you all know WDTC used to have a toll-free number? And then it got shared on the internet, and then it got disconnected...
I double-checked when I got home, and it's the same number listed in the UOG as the resort's phone number.
It would seem highly unlikely that the Unofficial Guide would publish direct phone numbers.
Yes if you use your in room phone and the Front Desk button, your call goes to a call center. Note that for towels and or pillows you should be using the Housekeeping button for these requests and this Housekeeping call goes to Housekeeping team within your individual resort.

Dave
it might be labeled Guest Services now, or something similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter