Ready to feel that OG MAGIC!- WDW Vet's First time at Disneyland PTR!

Hannahinwonderland

DIS Veteran
So I am creating this PTR because I am just SO INCREDIBLY HYPED and can't even hold it in.

So my name is Hannah, this is me skipping up a storm during my WDW College Program in 2015!11224216_10156506729925131_5359785455215461096_n (1).jpg
I'm a 24 year old graduate student, 3 years into my PhD in Psychology!

I have always wanted to go to Disneyland obviously, as it's the place of the ~~ORIGINAL MAGIC~~ and have had several failed attempts in planning and execution but this year, my family planned a vacation to California (San Francisco and the Redwoods) and I SAW MY CHANCE! When the rest of my family is flying home on August 20, I shall be staying with a friend in San Jose, then hopping the overnight bus to Anaheim!

I'lll be at Disneyland from Aug 21-24, four lovely park days, my flight leaves super late (11:59 PM!) on the 25th so I have been debating doing a 5th park day but it will depend on how much I get done/ how empty my wallet is at that time. For the first half of my trip, I will be joined by my lovely friend Lauren who is an expert on Disneyland! And then for the second half, I will be grabbing some solo time.

I'll be staying at the Budget Inn (exciting) because I've been told it's within an easy walking distance to the parks. I am pretty much a stalwart, stay on property gal, so this will be an adventure and I hope I don't feel too outside of the bubble because this trip, I want to be fully enmeshed in the magic at all times.

I don't honestly have too much planned, outside of a) eating as many (vegan) Disney treats as possible, b) riding the Jungle Cruise, likely multiple times, and c) soaking in the atmosphere that Walt created! I am a ride chicken- you may have seen my post about trying to get up the courage to ride Guardians!

I am so excited to go on this amazing journey! I'll share any planning updates as they come in and I look forward to reading everyone else's trip reports while I wait an agonizing 36 days til my August vacation begins!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I'm a Nor Cal girl and I think you'll enjoy the Bay Area and the Redwoods. It's great that you're taking the opportunity to visit DLR. Looking forward to hearing more!

Sounds fun! I hope your trip is everything you hope!

Yay! Thank you for doing this report. I enjoy your WDW ones (I'm mostly just a lurker) so I'm sure I'll love this one too! My DH and I are considering DL in 2020 as opposed to WDW so I'll be following along. I feel like DL is such a mystery! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!