Read the FAQ...still have questions :-)

MrToad

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I read the FAQ, but am still a bit confused on these codes/pins.

My wife and I have made 4 trips to WDW in the past 7 years. We just booked another trip this past Friday for May 16th, 2005. We did not use a code or pin.

I suspect we may have one. Unfortunately, we already paid for the reservations via the disneyworld.com booking site.

Is it too late to call and request a PIN/Code to get a discount? How does this whole process work?

Any help would be much appreciated!!! We paid $3900 for 8 days/7 nights at Boardwalk Inn (2 adults, 3 children). This includes Park Hopper and Magic Plus. I'm wondering if maybe we could have had it cheaper now...

Thanks for any help!!

MrToad

You didn't mention the ages of your children or your ticket length. It is possible to get this cheaper though.

I'll run the #s and post that info in just a second. ;)

Lollipop Mom said:
You didn't mention the ages of your children or your ticket length. It is possible to get this cheaper though.

I'll run the #s and post that info in just a second. ;)

Thanks Lollipop! :teeth:

Our kids are ages 9, 7, and 4!

Running the #s for an AP rate deal....
$1826.37 - AP rate for standard room at BWI starting May 16 for 7 nights
$420.68 - 1 adult AP
$1033.05 - 1 adult and 3 child 8 day premium tickets (includes park hopper and magic plus pack add ons

TOTAL: $3280.10
SAVINGS: $619.90

Now the AP will not include the 5 pluses that the other tickets do. You would get a discount off of admission to the water parks or Disney Quest for the passholder. If you are planning to go to one place multiple times it may be worth it to buy an AP for that location too (generally if you are going more than 3 times) the AP for DQ, PI or waterparks are all under $100 so you'd still save a bundle.

With doing this, you could also get the Disney Dining Experience card and get a 20% discount off of your total food bill at almost all sit down locations and the counter service locations at the AK. The DDE card would be an additional $50.

Let's see here...your answer generated more questions! :earsboy:

Lollipop Mom said:
Running the #s for an AP rate deal....
$1826.37 - AP rate for standard room at BWI starting May 16 for 7 nights
$420.68 - 1 adult AP
$1033.05 - 1 adult and 3 child 8 day premium tickets (includes park hopper and magic plus pack add ons

TOTAL: $3280.10
SAVINGS: $619.90

Now the AP will not include the 5 pluses that the other tickets do. You would get a discount off of admission to the water parks or Disney Quest for the passholder. If you are planning to go to one place multiple times it may be worth it to buy an AP for that location too (generally if you are going more than 3 times) the AP for DQ, PI or waterparks are all under $100 so you'd still save a bundle.

QUESTION: So...while keeping our existing reservations is it possible to just buy an AP and then call reservations and request a discount be applied to the bill we paid when we booked the reservation? We do not want to mess with existing reservations, but if we can easily get the AP discount applied to the existing res then we would jump all over that! :)

1. Who do we call?
2. What do we tell them?
3. Where can we buy an AP that would give us this discount?

$600 is a lot of $$$. :wizard: Thanks very much for the info!!!

With doing this, you could also get the Disney Dining Experience card and get a 20% discount off of your total food bill at almost all sit down locations and the counter service locations at the AK. The DDE card would be an additional $50.

QUESTION: Does the DDE card only apply to AK? Or does it apply elsewhere as well? If not, are there any discounts available for AP holders at the table service restaurants? We plan on eating out every meal and are likely going to try many table service restaurants. I realize this is expensive and we have planned for the expense, but would enjoy saving even 10% off the bill if there is something we can do to achieve that! ::MickeyMo

QUESTION: Should we still call CR and ask about the pins/codes? I assume that we very well may have one attached to our name as we have previously stayed at WDW resorts 4 times in the last 7 years. Will it help any to call?

Thanks so much for your help Lollipop!

-MrToad

Welcome to the DIS, Mr. Toad! :wave:

You could not just buy and AP and apply it to your current package. To get the AP rate, you'd have to make a room only reservation, and buy the tickets separately. You would have to call Disney directly to make sure that AP rates are available at your resort for the length of your stay before making the change. AP rates are limited.

The DDE card is good at most sit down restaurants throughout Disney World. It's good at the food courts at most of the resorts, and the counter service restaurants.

You could call Disney directly and ask them if you have a pin associated to your name. Going four times in seven years doesn't necessarily mean they'd attach a pin to your name, but it's worth a call.

Karen

Thanks TLinden16! I appreciate the info. I think we will just maintain our existing reservations and remember this for next time. It's worth the peace of mind in not changing anything at this point since we travel in about 30 days. :earsboy:

One more clarification if I may ask? Is the DDE card independent of the room rate we purchased? In other words, can we simply buy the DDE card and receive those discounts?

Where would we buy a DDE card?

Does each member of our family need a DDE card in order to get the discount or do we just need one?

Any advantages to purchasing an AP card?

Sorry if this is all explained somewhere in an FAQ...I'm probably asking questions that are answered in a document somewhere so please forgive me!

:earsboy:

Thanks!

I think we will just maintain our existing reservations and remember this for next time. It's worth the peace of mind in not changing anything at this point since we travel in about 30 days.

You could always call and see if an AP rate is available on the same room and secure that reservation before you cancel the package and before you buy an AP. That way you don't make changes till you know for sure that you have the same thing locked in. One thing I did forget to mention is that since you are less than 45 days from travel, you would have a $100 cancellation fee to cancel the package. You would still come out ahead by booking the AP deal though.

One more clarification if I may ask? Is the DDE card independent of the room rate we purchased? In other words, can we simply buy the DDE card and receive those discounts?

Yes, the DDE is seperate. You must either be an AP holder (in which case it costs $50) or a Florida resident ($75) in order to qualify for the DDE card. It is good for up to 10 people to use. You would get 2 cards, one in your name and one in your spouse's name. You have to order the DDE by phone, there is no where to get one on site. You must either have proof of Fla residency or an AP # or voucher #.

Any advantages to purchasing an AP card?

Take a look at www.magicalmemoriestravel.com/APBenefits.html for a complete list of Passholder benefits. :) You do get 10% off a LUNCH at certain restaurants as well as 10% off merchandise at World of Disney plus a long list of other things. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter