Reach Out And Find Your Happily Ever After! Our Engagement Trip! *updated 1/14* - New TR Link!

(The title of this report might give you a hint though..)
Nope. Not a clue.
The usual suspects: Me and Jamie!
Still no clue. Those are monochromatic ears, right?
OK, the suspense that I tried to create for “the best of times” lasted approximately 3 seconds, but I can’t possibly keep it a secret any longer.

JAMIE AND I GOT ENGAGED!!!
:laughing:
(We're getting married in September 2020!)
Congratulations! Wonderful!

And so nice of you to invite all of the DIS to the wedding! I love cake, so this is good.
And honestly, looking back over “the worst of times” on this trip, it was awful in the moment, but now we can kinda laugh about it.
Oh dear... but glad you can look back and laugh. :)
It was just some pretty nasty food poisoning within the group, which ruined Jamie’s initial plans to propose :laughing:
Ew... had an issue with that, myself, recently.
We had the most hilarious time, and that was just the beginning of our adventure!
:goodvibes
Me – Woody
Fran – Buzz
Rob – Forky
Jamie – Little Bo Peep
Makes complete sense.
You’re welcome to skip over these if you’re not interested,
Nope! I didn't :)
Good lord where do I start with this report!
How about at the end and work backwards?
Oh well, my mum had asked if I wanted to do something, so we decided to go shopping at our local mall.
Little did I know, that instead of the cinema, Jamie was actually heading to that exact same mall, at that exact same time, with Rob, and Fran, to pick out my engagement ring!!!
Ruh, roh!
I told Jamie I was going shopping, and panic immediately ensued in their secret group chat :rotfl:
:laughing: I bet!!
It snowed so badly that just 5 days before we were due to fly, our airport closed and cancelled all flights :headache:
So that was fun and stressful.
Totally feel your pain.
It involved two nights away in a huge fantastic house in the middle of nowhere.
Wow! That's either
1. The start of a super fun weekend. Or;
2. The start of every horror movie ever.
the groom had answered all of the questions on video wearing a pink mankini :rotfl:
:laughing:

And I so do not want to see that.
That evening two chefs came out to the house and cooked us a gourmet 3-course meal!
Really! That's both cool and awesome!
he didn’t even drink so that he could get up and clean the house the next morning, so it was nice any tidy for my return.
:worship:
We figured that as the return flight drew closer the airline would rather get rid of their spare premium seats than have them sitting empty.
And we were correct!
We paid £50 each and used some miles to upgrade, it was a sweet deal!
Nice score, there. :)

Congratulations on the engagement!!
I’ve been reading your trip reports for the last several years and always thought you two were such an awesome couple. I often wondered why he hadn’t proposed yet and my only logical conclusion was that you must have really smelly feet. It’s so wonderful of Hymie to be able to overlook that.

I have followed you over here! Can't wait to hear all about this trip and Disneyland Paris!

Wooo :welcome: glad you're here!!

Congratulations!

Thank you!!! :hug:

Oh no! it will be a good story to tell over the years. (I guess)

Exactly! Thankfully we can all have a good chuckle about it now :laughing:

Congratulations!!!! I cannot wait to read all about it!

(Also excited to read a new TR!)

Thanks so much!! I'm excited to relive it! :lovestruc

Not first... but first page.
Back later to read!

Not first... not good enough Pedro :sad2:

Man you really made it it hard on Jamie! Ha.

I know! Jamie said he considered going the same place without saying anything and just hope we didn't bump into each other, but Fran absolutely refused :laughing: She's the smart one I think!

Your Hen Party actually sounds like a lot of fun. Glad the weather worked with you!

It was a lot of fun! I'm not a big party/clubbing person, so a couple of nights in (with a lot of wine!) was perfect!

Popping over from your last TR. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures- the good and the bad. Congratulations on your engagement!!!!

YAY :welcome: and thank you so much!! :goodvibes

Awwwww, congratulations! 👰🤵 I've really enjoyed your TRs and am so happy to see you guys engaged! Many happy wishes to you both!

Eeek thank you so much! :hug:

Congrats on your engagement!! I’m so happy for you guys! Your “almost busting” the engagement ring story is so funny, I have a similar one when my fiancée was asking my parents for my hand in marriage and also when he was planning the proposal! Congrats again!!

Your girls trip looks like so much fun!! And I’m so excited to read on this trip report!

Thank you!! Uh oh, did you almost bust an engagement plan too? What happened?! Us women and our instincts :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Joining in.

Congrats to you both!

Yaaay :welcome: !! And thank you :goodvibes:goodvibes

Joining in! Congrats on your engagement!

:welcome: Thanks so much!!

GIRL. GIRL. OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It's been like...a million years since I talked to you?
John and I also got engaged this past April and are getting married June 1st, 2020 IN DISNEYWORLD!! :love: :hyper:

Yay for both of us being engaged! I can't wait to read about how it all happened! Since I am assuming he did it in WDW?
EDIT: I read too quickly through your intro b/c I was so excited about seeing you got engaged that I didn't even notice you totally said that he did it in WDW. That's what I get for jumping the gun! :rolleyes1

That sneaky Hy-mee, I am so excited to read all about this!

GIRRRL :rotfl: Thank you so much! And CONGRATULATIONS to you too!!! :cool1: I actually cannot believe you're getting married AT DISNEY! That's incredible :sad: Where are you doing it?!?! Can I have a running order of the day please :rotfl: June 2020 is so soon too!! Are you feeling prepared?! Who knew there was so much to do?! 😅

Congratulations! I'm so terrible at commenting and taking part in the community around here, but had to jump out for this. I love your reports, so happy to see you back and posting. You two are so adorable and fun. I'm so happy for you.

I totally approve of a September wedding. Our 5 year anniversary is on September 19th this year!

Aww thank youuu!! :hug: Don't worry at all just take part as little/much as you like to! But thank you for commenting :goodvibes:goodvibes that's so nice of you :flower3: Ahh congrats on your 5 year anniversary! Ours will be September 6th :lovestruc I'm glad it's 2020 because it'll improve the chances of Jamie remembering how many years we'll have been married :laughing:

Joining in for all the fun! A huge congratulations on your engagement!!! :D

You & Fran look like you had the best time in DLP. Can't wait to read all about your time in WDW!

YAY :welcome: and thank you!! Yesss we had the best time, I still can't believe we went to WDW together, I miss it so much!

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!
Following...

Thank you! :hug:

Congratulations on your engagement!!! How exciting

Aww thank you, I'm so excited to relive it all with posting this report :hyper:

Disney Paris is soooo adorable, I really need to get these someday.

I hope you do! It's really unique and pretty

We just love the Beach Club. We are staying there on our upcoming trip this summer for the first time since 2012 so we are super excited.

Ahh I hope you have a great time at the Beach Club this summer, how exciting :goodvibes we were blown away by how much they improved the rooms after the refurb, I hope you like them too!

Can't wait to follow along and read all about your trip.

Thanks so much for reading! :hug:

Congrats on your engagement!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Thanks so much! Aww I can't wait to write about it too! :goodvibes

Congratulations!! Really enjoying your trip report!

Thank you! and :welcome: thanks for reading!

Congratulations! Wonderful!

Thank you!!

And so nice of you to invite all of the DIS to the wedding! I love cake, so this is good.

:laughing: It's a given :teeth:

Ew... had an issue with that, myself, recently.

OH NO that's terrible :sad: do you mean at Disney?! Hope you had a speedy recovery!

Makes complete sense.

Do you want to join the gang? We've got a position open for a Mr Potato Head :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Nope! I didn't :)

Aww thanks :goodvibes

How about at the end and work backwards?

Makes perfect sense 🙃

Wow! That's either
1. The start of a super fun weekend. Or;
2. The start of every horror movie ever.

Right :laughing:

Congratulations on the engagement!!
I’ve been reading your trip reports for the last several years and always thought you two were such an awesome couple. I often wondered why he hadn’t proposed yet and my only logical conclusion was that you must have really smelly feet. It’s so wonderful of Hymie to be able to overlook that.

Thanks so much!! Right?! It's been long enough now, he's finally gotten used to my smelly feet :rotfl:

Congratulations!! :love: I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Thank you!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Congratulations on your engagement! You two are the sweetest couple. So happy for you!

Aww thanks so much, that's so nice! :hug: Thanks for reading :goodvibes

I love reading all of your trip reports and so happy there's another one.

CONGRATULATIONS :bride: on your engagement.

Thanks so much for reading! :hug: And thank you, I love that emoji :bride: :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter