Re-Routed Due to Hurricane Jerry.

Hi. I’m currently on the Magic - transatlantic sailing. We are changing course to avoid Hurricane Humberto. We are going to skip both Canada port days, arrive in New York 1 day early, and overnight there. It’s been a bit bumpy so far.

I have friends on with you. I’ve been getting updates from them too. She said the pool water is really rocking. Stay safe!

I bet the overplanners are panicking right now.
I dont think you can call being packed and knowing what you want to do two days before you are to leave "over planning". If you dont have that sorted out by now, you are really a slacker. And, yes, its really galling to us non-over planners when it works out this way for you slackers! LOL

Hi. I’m currently on the Magic - transatlantic sailing. We are changing course to avoid Hurricane Humberto. We are going to skip both Canada port days, arrive in New York 1 day early, and overnight there. It’s been a bit bumpy so far.
This happened to us on the WBTA two years ago. It was awful!! We all had to disembark as soon as we arrived in NY and not allowed to get back on the boat until after 2pm- they didn't tell us an expected time to re-board. they just said whenever the boat clears. Great if you want to visit NY but we used to live there and felt like we had an entire wasted day. Rather than visiting Canada or enjoying an extra sea day we were stuck in a terminal with other angry passengers waiting to get back on.

I dont think you can call being packed and knowing what you want to do two days before you are to leave "over planning". If you dont have that sorted out by now, you are really a slacker. And, yes, its really galling to us non-over planners when it works out this way for you slackers! LOL

I'm referring to those who have to watch all the vlogs, read every blog, research things for months and have spreadsheets of what they are going to do, wear and eat each day.

Yes, this is true. They announced its going to be more intense later today and tomorrow.

I feel for you all. I hope you all aren't prone to seasickness. I'm prone to it(yet I love cruising), having something like this happen on a cruise is my worst fear. Hoping you all get through the bad weather soon.

Safe travels for you! Must be quite the adventure! I can’t imagine what it would have been like to cross the Atlantic in a classic wooden sailing ship back when that was the only way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter