RE-OPENING! -- all resorts will open by year-end

But as of yesterday, there will be NO virtual queues when they reopen, including ROTR.
Agree that is the current thought. I stop short of saying “confirmed” though because WDW has remained mute. As well-meaning as they are, and regardless of sources, bloggers and TAs don’t always get it right.

“No news” about DAS indicates it will function as usual.

I wounded if they are still doing finding Nemo at animal kingdom since they are not doing the lion king

All indications are that DAS will operate "normally" (ie, return time given) but an alternate entrance as opposed to returning to the now non-existent FP line. We had gotten DS up to waiting for 45 minutes easily so we were only planning on using DAS for a handful of attractions that either had MUCH longer waits or problematic queue areas (TSMM is too stimulating - he literally falls on the ground into a ball regardless of line length in that one). Now I'm wondering about the social distance lines and if that will be an issue. Yesterday he wore his mask for well over an hour outside in the heat with no complaints, so I think we are over that problem, but he has measurements in his head and was warning people "you are ONLY 4 feet away!" if they got too close.

On one hand,he will likely be the model guest for social distancing and will enforce it for everyone. They could probably hire him :rotfl2:On the other, if we are waiting in a socially distant line, it will get really annoying REALLY quickly for everyone around us if they need to listen to him lecture on exact distance for 30+ minutes in line.

Not sure how we will approach it.

All indications are that DAS will operate "normally" (ie, return time given) but an alternate entrance as opposed to returning to the now non-existent FP line. We had gotten DS up to waiting for 45 minutes easily so we were only planning on using DAS for a handful of attractions that either had MUCH longer waits or problematic queue areas (TSMM is too stimulating - he literally falls on the ground into a ball regardless of line length in that one). Now I'm wondering about the social distance lines and if that will be an issue. Yesterday he wore his mask for well over an hour outside in the heat with no complaints, so I think we are over that problem, but he has measurements in his head and was warning people "you are ONLY 4 feet away!" if they got too close.

On one hand,he will likely be the model guest for social distancing and will enforce it for everyone. They could probably hire him :rotfl2:On the other, if we are waiting in a socially distant line, it will get really annoying REALLY quickly for everyone around us if they need to listen to him lecture on exact distance for 30+ minutes in line.

Not sure how we will approach it.

Would he be able to handle "not everyone is able to measure distances as well as you do, and while it is one of your strengths, it's just as important to not be yelling while trying to social distance" type of conversation? Giving him the power of knowing one of his strengths, but letting him know others may not be as good at judging distances (me, for instance) and it would be kind to just say it gently, once. You could even compare it to his need to use the DAS?

Would he be able to handle "not everyone is able to measure distances as well as you do, and while it is one of your strengths, it's just as important to not be yelling while trying to social distance" type of conversation? Giving him the power of knowing one of his strengths, but letting him know others may not be as good at judging distances (me, for instance) and it would be kind to just say it gently, once. You could even compare it to his need to use the DAS?
It might. Definitely something we will work on. It's frustrating because we have worked with him so long to build up his wait times and I don't want to undo that. He needs to learn to adapt to the world around him because it won't adapt to him. Mostly it's tone - we have to work on him not yelling it at people and maybe just gently reminding them. Appropriate tone is not a strong suit for him.

Those with resort reservations in 2020 should call WDW beginning tomorrow (6/22) to find out your options. Various resorts are opening on a phased schedule this summer and fall, and some resorts may be closed during your dates. I'm not going to list the resorts and dates because I have seen at least 2 versions of this today - plus the website indicates the situation is fluid and may change. Here's the link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/
Good luck!

Those who had ADRs canceled between May 28th and Sept 2nd -- ADRs will open tomorrow (6/30/2020) for a 60-day window to rebooked your ADRs in advance of the ADR sysstem opening to the public. I'm not sure when it opens to the public, but the advanced access opens 6/30 (for a 60-day window).

Similarly, if you had another "experience" cancelled - reservations will open June 30th for the following:
During this initial window, Guests can check availability for the following experiences:

Magic Kingdom Park:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:

I wish WDW would allow Pop Century Resort reservations in 2020 as they do for 2021.

I wish WDW would allow Pop Century Resort reservations in 2020 as they do for 2021.
They aren’t allowing any 2020 reservations right now at any resort, unless you currently hold a 2020 reservation and wish to modify it. They need to be sure there won’t be issues with other capacity. Park reservations just started for those with offsite accommodations, plus it sounds like there are still quite a few with current 2020 reservations who do not yet have tickets. I do expect they’ll look at the numbers and possibly open booking later this summer if all goes well. With the number of virus cases in FL right now, I’m not interested in going for a while.

They aren’t allowing any 2020 reservations right now at any resort, unless you currently hold a 2020 reservation and wish to modify it. They need to be sure there won’t be issues with other capacity.

I understand, but I was just hoping.

I always plan trips about a year in advance and I was just looking at possibilities if things got busy. I know how fast that roll-in shower rooms fills up.

Park reservations just started for those with offsite accommodations, plus it sounds like there are still quite a few with current 2020 reservations who do not yet have tickets.

I got all my park reservations for my December 2020 trip because I luckily had a reservations and AP.

I do expect they’ll look at the numbers and possibly open booking later this summer if all goes well.

I was thinking that, too.

With the number of virus cases in FL right now, I’m not interested in going for a while.

I understand. I am keeping a sharp I on that, too.

Jambo House Villas: Where We Have Been in the #Jambogate Saga and Where We Are Now - June 30, 2020

Disney Jambo House Villas CLOSED AGAIN by Disney.

It gets so frustrating for me being sheltered in place alone and watching COVID-19 cases increasing, and not being able to plan a lot of trips in advance and rules that seem to be changing constantly.

For those of you following the story on the reopening of Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House, you are not alone in wondering if this is the last we will hear from (what the DVC Fan Facebook Group has deemed) #Jambogate. For those with reservations at the resort, it has been one roller coaster of a ride to figure out where you will be sleeping at night once you arrive. While speculation has turned us to wonder many things (like if LeBron James would be overlooking the savanna from his Grand Villa), most evidence pointed out that Jambo House is a mixed-use resort with DVC making up a very small portion. It would not be financially viable to open up Jambo House for what is basically one floor. Oddly enough, that seems to be exactly what Disney is doing on July 10th.

In case you missed it, here is a timeline of events from when we first noticed something strange going on with Jambo House reservations up to what we currently know.

May 27, 2020: Disney announces they will reopen DVC resorts at Walt Disney World on June 22, 2020. Vero Beach and Hilton Head are to open June 15, 2020, and no plans regarding Grand Californian or Aulani are mentioned. Nothing is singling out Jambo House in this announcement.

June 10, 2020: Four short days later, Jambo House reservations go back live on the DVC member site with large amounts of availability beginning June 22 and onward. Member Services gives mixed responses on reopening possibilities and dates. Some members begin to rebook the resort.

June 17, 2020: DVC confirms through an announcement on their website that Jambo House will not open June 22, and instead, guests with affected trips will be moved to Kidani Village. The statement claims that as the volume as reservations increase over time, inventory will begin to include Jambo House. No re-opening date is given. Some members with earlier reservations are moved to Kidani. The ability to book Jambo House beginning June 22 still remains active on the member site.

June 21, 2020: Disney begins to make announcements regarding the reopening of other resorts. Among the list, Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House is slated as reopening July 10, 2020. It is to be noted that the list explicitly lists the resort as the villas, not the hotel side.

June 24, 2020: Jambo House Villas are quietly removed from Disney’s reopening list, leaving many guests scratching their heads.

June 26, 2020: An announcement currently up on the DVC site lists Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House as reopening July 10, 2020. However, the only amenity opening with the resort is the Uzima Pool. Everything else, including dining, will resume with the rest of the resort, which has no current reopening date. Guests are encouraged to use the amenities at Kidani Village

As it stands now, it appears that Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House will reopen on July 10th with the DVC villas only. Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent, Elaine Edwards has confirmed for me that she is unable to book any of her clients for the hotel side of Jambo House and will not be able to until Disney announces an opening.

It seems Disney has had a difficult time figuring out what to do with Jambo House and I’m not entirely sure this is the last we will see from the #Jambogate saga. What seems most disheartening is not the fact that Jambo House may not open, it’s the lack of clear communication to both members and the member service agents fielding the phone calls on the subject. Regardless, Paul and I have a reservation for Jambo House at the beginning of August and I am feeling hopeful we will be able to enjoy one of our beloved home resorts. Tell us what you think in the comments about the opening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House and how it has affected your DVC travel plans!

Last edited:
Fyi - a bus driver posted on Facebook the new guidelines for buses. Unless in the same party, only 1 ECV per bus will be allowed. Also, parties larger than 5 may be broken up to fit in designated zones. There are 6 zones in each bus - one party per zone. A party can be 1-5 people. Bus drivers will direct each party to their "zone".

At a maximum of 30 people per bus, and as low as 6, I imagine bus waits may be the longest wait of the day.

Fyi - a bus driver posted on Facebook the new guidelines for buses. Unless in the same party, only 1 ECV per bus will be allowed. Also, parties larger than 5 may be broken up to fit in designated zones. There are 6 zones in each bus - one party per zone. A party can be 1-5 people. Bus drivers will direct each party to their "zone".

At a maximum of 30 people per bus, and as low as 6, I imagine bus waits may be the longest wait of the day.

Thanks for posting that - it's very interesting!

I know that we don't have access to the number of "regular" bus riders per day, per route in pre-COVID times, but I'm hopefully optimistic that the Transportation folks have somehow adjusted for this vastly reduced number of passengers per bus, perhaps by running more buses, more frequently.

I ordered neck gaiters that have ear loops, wanted to try them out. With the ear loops they meet Disney's requirements.
All face coverings should:
  • Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable

Gaiter with ear loops.png

Let us know how these work out -- and whether Disney has any issues with them.
Will do, they should be here by Monday. Unfortunately my WDW trip isn't until December, so I hope to hear news of other people using them at Disney well before then.
I love my DIS family - I didn't even know that gaiters with ear loops were a thing! Thanks @bluecruiser!
I think I first heard about them here on the boards.

Following up on the gaiter situation - one of the DISboards mods was at MK today and asked at Guest Relations about gaiters with ear loops:

Link to @yulilin3 post
Just got back from MK where I went to guest relations
No gaiters (loops or no loops) will be allowed.
Please bring a mask, thats the new guideline.

The WDW official face coverings requirements now state (I bolded for emphasis):
Face Coverings

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.

All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
  • Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free

At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.

The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!