RE-Imagining of Transportation and Ticket Center

Diz Duck

Should've been in a Disney Parade
I think it might be time to re-imagine the Transportation and Ticket Center at the Entrance of Magic Kingdom.

Main Reasons:
1. The majority tickets are now purchased online, in-app, or with hotel packages. And across the entirely of Walt Disney World.
2. Transportation has expanded from the basic monorail loop, and ferry, to now include extended monorail to Epcot, gondola and bus systems.
3. It is now just a glorified metro stop for Magic Kingdom Parking Trams, bathrooms, and small gift shop.

How could Disney re-imagine this space?

I think it might be time to re-imagine the Transportation and Ticket Center at the Entrance of Magic Kingdom.

Main Reasons:
1. The majority tickets are now purchased online, in-app, or with hotel packages. And across the entirely of Walt Disney World.
2. Transportation has expanded from the basic monorail loop, and ferry, to now include extended monorail to Epcot, gondola and bus systems.
3. It is now just a glorified metro stop for Magic Kingdom Parking Trams, bathrooms, and small gift shop.

1). You not only purchase same day tickets at TTC, but off site guests can also pick up will call tickets there. FWIW, when we had to pick up will call tickets in December, every booth was about 15 people deep.
2). With the exception of the gondola, this “expansion” you talk about has been that way for DECADES. I don’t understand what you’re claiming is new.
3) TTC has always been the gateway for off site guests to get to MK. THAT’S its primary function IMO. Everything else is secondary.

Now, if you want to reimagine it so it’s more efficient, go for it.

Main Reasons:

1. The ticket desk is still needed to pick up all the will call tickets, any upgrades on a ticket, verifying the international visitors, and apply for the DAS. Often a regular CM behind a counter cannot help, only Guest Services/Ticketing can.
2. So you want all those people at the parking lots to just wander... until they figure out which way to walk... people would be weaving through the parking lots. More theft and more damage. Or you want them all on the buses? It's bad enough as it is, with just the resort guests. Sounds like a security nightmare to me.
3. and that is what it is supposed to be: The Transportation and Ticket Centre! Parking trams, bathrooms, a gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!