Re booked our cancelled October 2020 trip to October 2021

kirstyfly

Mouseketeer
We were meant to go to Disneyland for our first family trip and surprise birthday trip for our little girl who is turning 5 in October.

The airline cancelled our trip as they aren't flying till the end of October from Auckland to LA. (our country New Zealand) currently has it's border closed to non residents (those who do arrive go into mandatory 2 weeks self isolation).

We cancelled the rest of the trip and have decided to go next year for our girls 6th Birthday. She will be in school then so we can only travel during the school holidays. (lucky for us her birthday falls in the 2 week school holiday break).

I have booked accommodation for the 5th to the 16th October. (The 15th is her birthday and we will leave LA on the 16th at night and arrive back in New Zealand early hours of Monday morning as we cross the date line).

I know that Columbus weekend falls on around those dates but I didn't really have much choice if I wanted to be there for her actual birthday.

Are the fireworks only shown on the weekends around that time? That means that we will see them the first weekend we are there and the last night.

Is there any other big events I haven't factored in for crowds? not that it matters really as this is the time we are going however it would be good to have the heads up.

We were meant to go to Disneyland for our first family trip and surprise birthday trip for our little girl who is turning 5 in October.

The airline cancelled our trip as they aren't flying till the end of October from Auckland to LA. (our country New Zealand) currently has it's border closed to non residents (those who do arrive go into mandatory 2 weeks self isolation).

We cancelled the rest of the trip and have decided to go next year for our girls 6th Birthday. She will be in school then so we can only travel during the school holidays. (lucky for us her birthday falls in the 2 week school holiday break).

I have booked accommodation for the 5th to the 16th October. (The 15th is her birthday and we will leave LA on the 16th at night and arrive back in New Zealand early hours of Monday morning as we cross the date line).

I know that Columbus weekend falls on around those dates but I didn't really have much choice if I wanted to be there for her actual birthday.

Are the fireworks only shown on the weekends around that time? That means that we will see them the first weekend we are there and the last night.

Is there any other big events I haven't factored in for crowds? not that it matters really as this is the time we are going however it would be good to have the heads up.
If you look at this thread it will give you an idea of 2020 activities in the parks.
There are also links to previous years.

The first weekend of October is generally Gay Days in the parks.

The Halloween parties will be up and running during that time. These are night time events that require a separate ticket to remain in the park and enjoy the festivities. They are only at one park, so you can go over to the other, although there will be increased crowds due to this.

We all understand having to cancel trips. The plus with moving it to next October, 2021 is you have more time to plan and save! October is fairly crowded whenever you go. Hopefully, there will be a few deals happening next October so you can save a few $$$$ and perhaps the parks closer to "normal" too. Great seasonal foods and treats are something I would suggest to plan for to try. What we do is get one treat to share, so if someone (or all of us) do not like it, we didn't waste $$$. Plus, we get to sample more goodies too! Then, we know whether or not to get another, or keep on walking.
When you are there, try to go into the Grand Californian Hotel to see the Halloween gingerbread display (assuming they will have one again) and try to find all the hidden Mickeys.
Have lots of fun planning and keep asking questions about planning your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!