RD MK routes for emh

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
If we are RDing MK for an EMH, what does everyone think is the best specific route to fantasyland (Winnie the Pooh, Ariel are our first rides). I can’t go through the castle, correct? They still have the stage set up, even though the official park opening is an hour later? Tia!

With those two attractions it won't really matter but you will want to take the path to the right of the castle and walk past where the Merida meet and greet is (past the bridge to Tomorrowland).

You can walk through the castle. They do the welcome ceremony 5 minutes before park opens then they do rope drop and you can go through
For those 2 attractions you don't really need to hurry. If you take the first spoke to the right of the castle that is the one people take for 7DMT, it's the busiest one, but if you hang back you'll be able to walk over no problem.

MK-FantL-7DMT-042415_zpsoi9fhunl.jpg

The line entrance for Pooh begins shortly after you pass the Tea Cups, so you'll want to go to the right of the castle, as Robo shows above in his map.

As mentioned, take the path to the right of the castle.
I wouldn't be too worried about rushing down the path as you are not picking 2 of the most popular RD attractions. I would expect a few people there, but not long lines like PP or 7DMT at RD.

Thank you everyone! Heading to the right seems like the best route bc if we pass the carousel, my 3 year old will want to ride! Best to keep it out of sight til we are ready to ride it!!!

Was there in April and did EMH at MK. Was disappointed that only Fantasy & Tomorrow land were open (we didn't check ahead of time and didn't know that Adventure & Frontier were not open early). At that time, the only way we were allowed to get to Fantasy Land was around to the right of the castle. There were CM's standing on the left side of the hub not allowing anyone to go to the left. We did Peter Pan and Enchanted Tale's w/ Belle first with minimal wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!