RCI Trading

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Hello,

Is there a beginner thread explaining the RCI trading process? My colleague mentioned her brother traded and had a wonderful experience, so I looked at the resort he stayed at and it is completely booked. I would like to learn the process/timing/rules of RCI trading.

Thanks for any help!! IT will be greatly appreciated.

It sounds as though you may be wanting information about exchanging into a DVC Resort using RCI?

If that is what you are looking for, you might want to check https://tug2.net/ for current information. The Timeshare Users Group has many RCI users providing information about such exchanges with suggestions about timing requests.

If you are wanting information about DVC Members using the World Passport Exchange Program to exchange using DVC points into RCI resorts, the DVC Member site has a lot of information available. Basically Members may bank their DVC points into the RCI system and use those points for an exchange into an RCI resort depending on the desired resort and villa size wanted. DVC points banked into the World Passport system have 2 years to be used.

Hello,

Is there a beginner thread explaining the RCI trading process? My colleague mentioned her brother traded and had a wonderful experience, so I looked at the resort he stayed at and it is completely booked. I would like to learn the process/timing/rules of RCI trading.

Thanks for any help!! IT will be greatly appreciated.
I agree with Rob, TUG is a great option for timeshares including trading. The answers are different trading in or out. If you'll share more of what you want, we can likely help. Maybe start with the resort in question. Do realize that DVC points are easy to monetize so if one spends 250 DVC points for an exchange that's literally like paying $3000 or more for the exchange. In general only a handful of RCI resorts are worth exchanging DVC in to, maybe 50-100 in RCI, none in MX or DR.

I would be interested in your views of what are the best resorts to trade DVC into...
First, my views are that even a lateral trade is a downgrade because of the costs and view assignments that tend to go with exchanging. Otherwise I want to trade to a high demand time at a high demand higher end resort. For HI that's KBC (Maui) or Hilton level resorts (oahu, BI), Shearwater Kauai, KCR (BI), higher level resorts Aruba and the like. Nothing for MX, LV or DR. What areas are you looking at?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!