RCI Trades for the Big Island, HI

rlmas

Mouseketeer
Any good or bad experiences with any of the resorts on the big island? We are setting up a wait list for next summer.

Many Thanks!

Not sure if it is on Disney's list or not ... but we love the Bay Club Waikoloa!

I think it. Can you tell me more about it, specifically why you liked it? Thanks.

I love walking the Waikoloa property. To me, it offers a true sense of 'place' with the inescapable visuals of dark a'a lava, the tall grasses, the coconut palms, etc. I love the landscaping, the water features and the 'peace.'

My favorite activity is walking the King's Trail through the Petroglyph Field, up to the Fish Ponds with return path scrambling along the shoreline. I think my typical loop runs about 4 miles. Be sure to have shoes with good 'grip' if walking the bluffs along the shore. (Link)

I also enjoy walking around the large Hilton Hotel. (Yes, riding the boat is fun, too!)

In all, it is someplace that stole my heart the first time we traded in and the feeling hits us fresh on each return visit. It feels like 'the home I'd love to have but can't afford.' ;)

If you are looking at June-Aug 2013, and staying on the BI is your priority, then I suggest that you also search for other properties and not just limit to the 3 Hilton timeshares HGVC--Kingsland, Waikoloa and Bay Club--all in the upscale Waikoloa resort area (20 minutes north of Kona). Hilton has already done a big deposit of units into RCI in May 2012 for summer 2013. Thus, the chances of getting summer HGVC are less after May, although you still have a decent chance of getting Bay Club, esp. if you are looking for a 1 BR. If you look on TUG2.net and look at the bulletin board (similar to disboards), you can find lots of information about the Hawaii resorts. good luck. Elaine

Thanks for the info. We do have a regional DVC waitlist setup for the big island and Maui. I found on line that I can rent the mona coast resort for $120/$150 plus tax for a 1bdrm/2bdrm. Seems crazy cheap for HI. It also makes me wonder about the place since it is so cheap. I just am doing my homework on the resorts so we can decide if we get a call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter