RC with a Baby

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hey

We are planning in doing a cruise with a one year old. From Uk. Also going to perfect day. Which I have never done

Just had a few questions that hopefully some of you can help with

- We are changing back and for between Disney world or a RC cruise (dcl to much now ). Would you say the cruise would be better and less tiring and more relaxing. Would be making use of the Nursery to

- was planning the eastern cruise. Would you say there is plenty of excisions for a one year old to go on with us.

- we no both the parks or a cruise with be tiring with a baby starting to think the cruise might be better. Rather than waiting in long queues

I would also like to no what u would pick if you were in my situation

If you plan to make use of the nursery on the cruise, I would plan a nice date night or some relaxing time to just read and hang by the pool before pool time with baby. I would probably skip RCL's shore excursions and either book a private driver or do your own thing. I have read reviews on Trip Advisor about private tours, just make sure you leave enough time to get back to the ship.

I do not believe WDW to be more tiring than a cruise if you play it by ear and manage expectations. If you feel like heading back to the room and relaxing or having pool time, do it. If your LO is fine napping in the stroller, go for it.

I think either trip can be manageable, fun, exhausting, relaxing, etc.with toddlers.

I can't comment on cruising with a baby, but if you want a more relaxing trip, I'd suggest pairing a cruise with a few no-park days at a quiet Disney or Universal resort (or some other pampered resort). We stayed for a couple of nights at Old Key West prior to a DCL cruise and only did the night time in the park (christmas party). We then came back to Universal for 2 nights and only spent of those days in the park. The rest of the time at WDW/Universal was spent hanging out at the pool or at DIsney Springs/Citywalk. We found that trip to be way more relaxing than our prior trip which was 7 full days of being in the parks most of the time.

We have done a 2-week transatlantic cruise with a 12 month old on Serenade of the Seas. It was very relaxing. No problem finding excursions to do with the baby. How relaxing or tiring a cruise is really comes down to how many days at sea vs in ports, and what kind of excursions you plan.

I guess how fun WDW world be might be partially determined by whether or not you have other adults to take turns watching the baby, or if you won't be able to ride rides together.

We've never cruised with a baby, but have cruised 4 times and talked to lots of young parents. We've been to WDW lots.

I think this really depends on the time of year you go and how you approach each trip. The cruise would be less decision making, but a WDW trip without major planning can be relaxing, too. If you were on the monorail or around crescent lake, that can be a pretty easy going trip. We just returned from a 9 day cruise and spent 5 days at Universal Studios at the Hard Rock last month. Both trips were equally awesome and both fun and relaxing. The only thing is that we did pay more attention to the price of the food at Universal. On the ship, we just go to MDR and order whatever.

The cruise parents looked very relaxed. And as Tigger up there mentioned, a 2-week transatlantic sounds heavenly. You can get great deals on those. My in-laws sail transatlantic at least once a year, depending on the deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter