• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RC Current Deal better?

Love2Cruz

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to book the Harmony for next year...but was not sure which deal I should get on...Currently a 30% off will expire in the next day or so and then they might go back to the BOGO deal.

Should I book now or wait?

This will be my first Oasis class ship...so will want to price out this ship and compare to Disney Fantasy for the same week.

TIA

If you live in the US then I would book now. RC allows you to get the better price until the PIF date. I did this and ended up saving over $500.00 since I booked my cruise...

I'm looking to book the Harmony for next year...but was not sure which deal I should get on...Currently a 30% off will expire in the next day or so and then they might go back to the BOGO deal.

Should I book now or wait?

This will be my first Oasis class ship...so will want to price out this ship and compare to Disney Fantasy for the same week.

TIA

i've found the 30% off deals are often slightly better than the BOGO sale, especially if you have 3-4 in the cabin. for two, there's not much of a difference, though i'd probably still give the edge to the 30% off sale. that said, royal usually adjusts the base prices before a sale, so that the end result is often a price similar to whatever it was before.

as robin2017 said, if the price drops royal will let you adjust the price downward until final payment, so it doesn't hurt to book earlier.

also, i would re-check the price very early in the new sale, like the first day - sometimes they haven't got their algorithms right when they introduce a new sale so the price is very low at the beginning. that happened to us when the 30% off sale last summer started - we saved about $2000 on our suite on harmony for our feb 2017 cruise, and also ended up booking the harmony transatlantic this october because it was super-cheap (i think under $2000 for a balcony for 13 nights, though we got a suite for that one too so paid a little more). i wouldn't expect prices like that again, but that's not the first time prices have been super-low the first day of a sale, so it's worth checking out.

The new deal is supposed to include gratuities in an Oceanview or higher so while the cruise itself might be a little more than you are paying now, you should still come out ahead if you are not in an interior. As someone mentioned above, I would book now at the 30% sale and then look on the 4th to see what the new pricing looks like for your sailing. I have 4 cruises booked that I will be checking on.

The new deal is supposed to include gratuities in an Oceanview or higher so while the cruise itself might be a little more than you are paying now, you should still come out ahead if you are not in an interior. As someone mentioned above, I would book now at the 30% sale and then look on the 4th to see what the new pricing looks like for your sailing. I have 4 cruises booked that I will be checking on.

Are you sure about the gratuities? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

Are you sure about the gratuities? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

This is what I saw:

The new BOGO SAVER deal is valid on all sailings on or after May 5, 2016, excluding China departures.

The deal includes

• Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 50% Off
  • 25% off for 3rd and 4th guests
  • BONUS Pre-Paid Gratuities in Oceanview categories and above for the first and second guests on all products excluding Alaska, Asia, China, Transatlantic and Repositioning sailings.
  • PLUS for eligible new deployment sailings departing on or after May 1, 2017 (excluding China departures), offer includes Free Upgrades within stateroom type.
Cruise must be booked April 4-April 13, 2016.

The Free Upgrade offer is within the stateroom meta-category (for example from a D8 to a D1, interior to interior, or ocean view to ocean view). Free Upgrade refers to booking a stateroom for the price of the lowest available category within the same stateroom meta-category type. Upgrade is subject to stateroom availability at time of booking. Upgrade offer excludes Panoramic, Family, and Suite staterooms.

BOGO is combinable with adjoining Pre-Paid Gratuities, 25% Savings, New Deployment Upgrade Offer, NextCruise Offer, Crown & Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Pre-paid Gratuities are not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. BOGO and 25% Savings are not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military). Pre-Paid Gratuities are combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military) as well as NextCruise offers. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates.

Offer available to residents of United States and Canada.

This is what I saw:

The new BOGO SAVER deal is valid on all sailings on or after May 5, 2016, excluding China departures.

The deal includes

• Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 50% Off
  • 25% off for 3rd and 4th guests
  • BONUS Pre-Paid Gratuities in Oceanview categories and above for the first and second guests on all products excluding Alaska, Asia, China, Transatlantic and Repositioning sailings.
  • PLUS for eligible new deployment sailings departing on or after May 1, 2017 (excluding China departures), offer includes Free Upgrades within stateroom type.
Cruise must be booked April 4-April 13, 2016.

The Free Upgrade offer is within the stateroom meta-category (for example from a D8 to a D1, interior to interior, or ocean view to ocean view). Free Upgrade refers to booking a stateroom for the price of the lowest available category within the same stateroom meta-category type. Upgrade is subject to stateroom availability at time of booking. Upgrade offer excludes Panoramic, Family, and Suite staterooms.

BOGO is combinable with adjoining Pre-Paid Gratuities, 25% Savings, New Deployment Upgrade Offer, NextCruise Offer, Crown & Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Pre-paid Gratuities are not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. BOGO and 25% Savings are not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military). Pre-Paid Gratuities are combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military) as well as NextCruise offers. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates.

Offer available to residents of United States and Canada.

This is the upcoming special not the current one. Makes more sense to me now. Thanks for the heads up. I will need to check prices next week.

Haven't booked yet...but their BOGO deal has started...it also offers Free Gratuities plus $190 OBC....

Still over $2800 for 2 people in a balcony cabin.

Is that a good price, with the perks? I want to try RC, one of these large Oasis class ships..but I want to get the best price. This is for the first week of November 2017 btw..so it's not exactly prime time.

Haven't booked yet...but their BOGO deal has started...it also offers Free Gratuities plus $190 OBC....

Still over $2800 for 2 people in a balcony cabin.

Is that a good price, with the perks? I want to try RC, one of these large Oasis class ships..but I want to get the best price. This is for the first week of November 2017 btw..so it's not exactly prime time.

Ocean balcony or park balcony? Our cruise on Oasis after new years was $3234 CAD including gratuities for 2A, 1 9yo in a park balcony

Ocean balcony or park balcony? Our cruise on Oasis after new years was $3234 CAD including gratuities for 2A, 1 9yo in a park balcony
Ocean...with a large balcony....that's how it's coded...the boardwalk and central park balcony were about 200 cheaper..but I want the ocean view.

Ocean...with a large balcony....that's how it's coded...the boardwalk and central park balcony were about 200 cheaper..but I want the ocean view.

Our price per adult was $1145 CAD/pp including tax without the gratuity if that helps- for the central park balcony- which we really liked! We actually liked it better than our ocean view on the Fantasy, as we found that one super windy, but that might have been just our cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter