Rates for 2003 are Out with new lower prices

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
I looked on disneyworld.com today and found that the 2003 rates are now out. Not only are they out, but several of the room rates are lower than 2002 rates. While a few did go up only slightly, I noticed many dropped. The moderates dropped for Regular season and the AKL dropped the price of their standard room, while the WL went up for their standard room. ALSO, I noticed that the value season for most deluxs starts right after July 4th. This has usually only been the case for CR, not the AKL or WL. Value season starts April 27th, which is great considering it's only 7 days after Easter Sunday. So with the value vs regular I may stay at a Delux (value season rate) instead of a Moderate (regular season rate) for my early August trip next year. I was dreading much higher prices, so am pleasantly surprised by this.

Also my hours for my trip in September have been extended from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM....can it get any better?? Yes, maybe they'll add an e-ticket night since obviously attendance is going to be higher the 3rd week of September!!

Rates may be slightly lower but admission tickets have just gone up. As of September 8th (my birthday) nice Birthday present. So there is no savings as they cancel one another out. If it continues fewer and fewer people will be able to afford Disney. Too bad with all the layoffs around the world more people need Disney to forget their reality.

Originally posted by wee-haggis
Rates may be slightly lower but admission tickets have just gone up. As of September 8th (my birthday) nice Birthday present. So there is no savings as they cancel one another out. If it continues fewer and fewer people will be able to afford Disney. Too bad with all the layoffs around the world more people need Disney to forget their reality.

Where did you read this? This is the first that I have read that Disney has announced that they will be raising ticket prices. Also, Disney did not raise their ticket prices the last time Universal and Sea World did so right now a one day one park ticket is cheaper to the WDW parks then the other big parks in Orlando.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Sept. 6, 2002) -- Walt Disney World Resort today unveiled a new, advance-purchase program that offers substantial savings on multi-day tickets for its four theme parks.

With the Advance Purchase Savings program, beginning Sunday, Sept. 8, guests who buy tickets before they leave home can save up to $12 on select multi-day Park Hopper tickets, versus the price for the same ticket at the theme park gate.

The savings add up. For instance, a family of four that buys 5-Day Park Hopper tickets before leaving home will save $48.

“Our new Advance Purchase Savings program makes the good value of a Disney World vacation even better for those who do a little more planning,” said Al Weiss, president of Walt Disney World Resort. “By purchasing multi-day Disney tickets before they leave home, our guests can realize substantial savings.”

Advance Purchase Savings are available for select Park Hopper, Park Hopper Plus and Ultimate Park Hopper tickets.

While still at home, guests can purchase multi-day tickets online at disneyworld.com, by calling 407/W-DISNEY, at participating Disney Stores outside of Florida or through a travel agent. The ticket savings are included when guests purchase select Walt Disney World vacation packages before leaving home.

Examples of the savings:

4-Day Park Hopper (ages 10 and older) purchased at gate: $199
4-Day Park Hopper (ages 10 and older) purchased in advance: $192 …a savings of $7
5-Day Park Hopper (ages 10 and older) purchased at gate: $229
5-Day Park Hopper (ages 10 and older) purchased in advance: $217 …a savings of $12

I found orlandotickets.com to offer the best prices they are cheaper than the dc discount. 7 day hopper plus $297.00 for an adult.

Also my hours for my trip in September have been extended from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM....can it get any better?? Yes, maybe they'll add an e-ticket night since obviously attendance is going to be higher the 3rd week of September!!

I posted this info on another thread on the Theme Park board:

Another web site had this information about the extended park hours saying that they are doing a test:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Magic Kingdom is to test out a few things over the next month in regards to entertainment scheduling. They understand that guests want night time entertainment, and also they know how difficult night entertainment is when the parks have such low attendance and short operating hours, specifically closing at 6pm. Keeping the park open until 8pm to be dark enough for fireworks is tricky, but they are going to try one week of low attendance where fireworks will run every night, one week with SpectroMagic running every night, and one week alternating each day. On the back of this there will be lots of guest surveys during this time to see if the new entertainment increases guests ratings and intent to return to the parks. Finally, they are working on an idea where instead of either fireworks or a parade, a huge character meet on Mainstreet USA will take place, with close to 100 different characters interacting with guests with music etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darlene Walker - that orlandotickets price doesn't include tax. I think that currently the Disney Club price still beats it. 7 day PHP for DC = $308.49 incl tax, orlandotickets=$314.82.

Of course, I also read that Disney Club discount won't be available on PH passes after 9/11.

Anyone care to explain why they'd do that? What good is the Disney Club anymore? I mean, I have no kids - there's no adult merchandise in the Disney Store anymore. There won't be a big ticket savings. The resort discounts for anyone have recently killed Disney Club discounts on resorts. What is that $30 for other than an extra piece of plastic to carry in my wallet?

Tara

That is the first I have seen about the DC discounts. I wonder if that is not just someone being misinformed? Because several things I have read have mentioned to buy your tickets ahead of time and get your DC discount.

You will not be able to get your DC discount on tickets if you buy them in the park starting Sept 8th.

The price for our tickets did include tax 7 day plus 4 options adult $297.00 child $244.00, but we did pay $7.00 for shipping. I'm still glad I went with florida orlando tickets instead of dc.

Good Luck, Darlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter