Rates are changing!

JessicaR

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>
Just wanted to give you all a heads up on the discounts! I called early this morning and my dates opened up for some really great discounts!!! I am going mid December and up until this morning The best I could do was $149.00 at RPR using Fan Club or $156.00 at HRH and $179.00 at PBH.

They now have available $109.00 RPR AP rate
$129.00 at HRH AP rate
$149.00 at PBH

I booked Hard Rock and had a free suite upgrade postcard that I will be able to use for the $129.00 rate!!!

Good Luck everyone...hope the 2004 rates will be soon to follow!! :)

JessicaR:

Great rate and a suite on top of it. Wow!

I called today for my dates and the operator at the 800 number was extremely rude. Before I even gave her the dates she already told me that the discounted rates aren't available yet. I asked how she knew since I didn't even tell her when we'd be arriving. Decided to hang up and call back later and speak with another person. They are getting alittle rude once you ask for discounted rates because everyone is calling now. Well, the way I feel... it's just to bad and it's their fault since they give you a different answer as to when they'll be out each time. If they want to cut down on the calls then they should tell the public the correct date or just say "I don't know."

Anyway, congrat's on your great rate. Hopefully they'll now start putting in the discounts for '04.

SGF,

I can imagine they may be overwhelmed with the requests for 2004 discounts, BUT as you said they created this mess. As much as I love Universal, their reservation information is really inconsistent! There has been more than one occassion that I was sure I was being given incorrect info...did what you did and hung up to call again later.

On a side note I got my Entertainment Book last night and found RPR listed for the "best rate". The definition they give on this is:50% Off Full-Priced (rack) Rates or 10% off the best promotional rate available to the general public.

Is it just me or does that statement seem hard to decipher? It also did not have PBH or HRH listed but...last years edition didnt have RPR listed and they honored it there anyway.

JessicaR:

Well, it's good to know atleast the RPH is listed. Hopefully they'll allow the discounts at the other two hotels.

As for the description of the "Best Rate" isn't that the same description they used for the 50% off last year? You're right, the way they phrase it makes it confusing.

If you hear anything in regards to new discounts please post. Have a great time on your upcoming trip.

I just called 1-800-BEASTAR to check on my dates in February (I am not an AP Holder). Unfortunately, there are no standard or waterview rooms available with two beds. The only thing they have (which I booked yesterday) is a King Suite for $299. My worry is that even when the discounts do become available, they won't discount the King Suite and there aren't any other rooms available that will accommodate three people. Oh well, I guess I'll have to pay the big bucks, if nothing opens up.

I was told to check back at the end of October for 2004 discounts.

What dates are you going? We'll be there 2/12-2/16 (President's Day weekend), and I am guessing that rooms for those dates are hard to come by at this point... I booked a few weeks ago, and was able to reserve a standard view room with 2 queens @HRH. I just hope the discounts are available soon, however -- $229 is pretty darned expensive for a regular room!!!

Originally posted by JessicaR
Just wanted to give you all a heads up on the discounts! I called early this morning and my dates opened up for some really great discounts!!! I am going mid December and up until this morning The best I could do was $149.00 at RPR using Fan Club or $156.00 at HRH and $179.00 at PBH.

They now have available $109.00 RPR AP rate
$129.00 at HRH AP rate
$149.00 at PBH

I booked Hard Rock and had a free suite upgrade postcard that I will be able to use for the $129.00 rate!!!

Good Luck everyone...hope the 2004 rates will be soon to follow!! :)

Congrats on the great rate!!!

We are going first few days in Jan. Hopefully those rates will be out soon :)

Teresa

Jessica, how did you change your discount rate? Did just tell them the rate you had and ask if they had anything better? Did they give you a problem changing the rate?

We will be there February 17th to February 21st. Obviously, a very busy time. I sure hope that either the rates come down or a standard room with two queens becomes available.

I am new this board what is the 800 that you call for the 2004 discounts, i am not going to now just need the number for later.
thanks brooke

Originally posted by AlexandNessa
Jessica, how did you change your discount rate? Did just tell them the rate you had and ask if they had anything better? Did they give you a problem changing the rate?

I did'nt change it. I just booked it this morning. I had been watching the dates and rates and calling once in a while.

Jess-

Congrats and thanks for the info. Hopefully those rates will last throughout next year!

JessicaR--

Where did you get the post card from? Do you need to reference it at the time of reservation? Thanks.

It was an E certificate handed to me at RPR at check out in June. It has a reference # and an expiration date and does have to be stated at the time of making a reservation.

Loews also mails out random suite upgrade postcards. I got one with a holiday card last year.

I think if you register on their website and fill out a profile it may increase your chances of getting these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter