Rate my Dining schedule!

PK Disney Dork

Friends! Help! A guinea pig tricked me!
Okay kids so today was the day...we are officially 180 days out from our next trip so it was time to set our dining reservations!

We splurged this trip and booked the deluxe dining plan because this was to be a food heavy trip and we wanted to hit places we'd never eaten before. We'd fallen into that rut of always eating at our favorites so we really wanted to spread our culinary wings!

That being said, here's what we have so far...

Sunday 9/15
Dinner at Toledo-Tapas, Steaks and Seaood

Monday 9/16
Dinner at The Boathouse

Tuesday 9/17
Breakfast at Kona
Lunch at Skipper Canteen (This one is up in the air and may be removed)
Dinner at California Grill during Happily Ever After

Wednesday 9/18
Lunch grazing at Food & Wine in Epcot
Dinner at Flying Fish

Thursday 9/19
Dinner at Citricos

Friday 9/20
Dinner at Tiffins

Saturday 9/21
Brunch at Art Smith's Homecomin'

Keep in mind this was our first pass at these this morning and we have dining credits to spare...but...what's everyone think???

Tuesday could be a lot of food, but CG will be a late dinner so it could work. Maybe do breakfast or lunch later than in the week and forego Skipper's to save MK time.

Good choices! We love the Deluxe Dining Plan but it's definitely a splurge both money and food wise. Usually when we do deluxe, on most days we'll do snack credits for breakfast (quick serve bagels, fruit, pastries etc.), a 1 credit table service lunch and a 2 credit signature dinner/dinner show. Or we may do the opposite and do a 1 credit table service breakfast, snacks for lunch and a 2 credit dinner. This approach seems to work well and we always use all our meal credits this way (usually just have snack credits left over). Rarely do we schedule 3 ADRs for the same day as it can feel like you're just running from one to the next. Have fun!

Tuesday 9/17
Breakfast at Kona
Lunch at Skipper Canteen (This one is up in the air and may be removed)
Dinner at California Grill during Happily Ever After

Tuesday the 17th is a party night, so Happily Ever After will not play, the Halloween fireworks will. They're probably at 10:15pm, so later than HEA is, so you may need to adjust your dinner time based on how late you booked.

We LOVE Deluxe Dining. We ate at 19 places on our last trip and have 14 or 15 places ready to book in a couple weeks for our September trip!

Tuesday the 17th is a party night, so Happily Ever After will not play, the Halloween fireworks will. They're probably at 10:15pm, so later than HEA is, so you may need to adjust your dinner time based on how late you booked.

We LOVE Deluxe Dining. We ate at 19 places on our last trip and have 14 or 15 places ready to book in a couple weeks for our September trip!

Our California Grill ressie isn't until 8:50 so if we pace it well enough we'll catch Hallowishes!

There some great advice in this thread. I too would worry about having 3 meals in a day. Deluxe dining is about spacing out the meals and using you snacks to fill in. You also burn a lot of time in the restaurants. I'm also a big fan of Skipper Canteen and would suggest keeping it. I like Kona breakfast, but it really isn't a great use of a TS credit. Looks like a great agenda overall. Have a great trip.

Does anyone know if/when they will announce a dining plan deal for 2019? I feel like they do that for the fall but shouldn’t they have done it by now?

Does anyone know if/when they will announce a dining plan deal for 2019? I feel like they do that for the fall but shouldn’t they have done it by now?

I would not count on a DDP deal this year. Star War Galactic Edge is opening August 29 and there is a lot of anticipation regarding crowds. I think that if there are discounts offered at all the discounts will be for very random dates and very limited

Free dining for summer/fall dates typically gets announced towards the end of April. But since they suprised everyone with summer FD at the beginning of January, nobody knows if/when anything will be announced in the fall. It’s possible, but doubtful.

Kona is so good but hard to eat and get to the park for rope drop. Maybe keep that for the day you check out?

At this stage of our WDW trips being anywhere for rope drop (save for DHS) isn't a priority anymore. We enjoy actually relaxing now instead of just pounding through the parks. LOL

A nice schedule and remember this even if people don't like some of your suggestions I tell everyone if you haven't been to a place you need to try it yourself. We are going deluxe again next trip and the girls are arguing over what 2 credit places we will be going to. They are planning 2 meals a day for the most part and hitting a lot of signature places.

We can't do two deluxe dining meals in a day, let alone three. I would revise Tuesday. Otherwise, the choices look great.

I see you have reservations at California Grill during fireworks! Is there a specific time to book a reservation to be sure you are seated in time for fireworks? For example, for 9pm fireworks, what time should a reservation be booked? I am helping my daughter book her honeymoon trip, and I think they would love this. Oh, and does it matter where you are seated, or does every table have a good view? Thanks, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter