Rate my DIning choices...open to suggestions.

zdad59

They call me "ThePrince of Planning"
We always get the dining plan when we go to WDW. Just mom & dad in our mid 50's. Been 5 years since our last trip so things may have changed. Also, we're doing some new places this trip. Let me know what you think, and feel free to make changes. Changes are tough around New Years Eve but you never know.

29 Dec - Arrive early evening - Quick eats at Earl of Sandwich (not using dining plan)
30 Dec - Whispering Canyon @ 7:30 - to MK for fireworks after
31 Dec - Nine Dragons @ 7:50 - EPCOT NYE after
1 Jan - Coral Reef @ 6:50 - Park Hopping all day
2 Jan - Narcoossee's @ 6:45 - 36th Wedding Anniversary
3 Jan - Kona Cafe @ 5:00 - Park Hopping Day

My only suggestion would be to do Wolfgang puck express instead of earl of sandwich. We LOVE WPE and they have such amazing option of high quality quick service food. And if you are on the dining plan it's an incredible value

I would recommend D-Luxe burger or Blaze Fire Pizza instead of Earl of Sandwich. Also, I recommend giving Rose & Crown Pub at Epcot a try.

Love everything but Nine Dragons while OK your neighborhood Chinese restaurant does about as good.

These all look great. I echo PP, Nine Dragons is not that great but it might be hard to find an alternative on 12/31. Also for your wedding anniversary, have you tried getting ADR at California Grill in the Contemporary? Might be nice to see the fireworks for your anniversary. But Narcoosee's is nice as well. Very nice for adults and good food. Otherwise your dining plans look great.

We always get the dining plan when we go to WDW. Just mom & dad in our mid 50's. Been 5 years since our last trip so things may have changed. Also, we're doing some new places this trip. Let me know what you think, and feel free to make changes. Changes are tough around New Years Eve but you never know.

29 Dec - Arrive early evening - Quick eats at Earl of Sandwich (not using dining plan)
30 Dec - Whispering Canyon @ 7:30 - to MK for fireworks after
1 Jan - Coral Reef @ 6:50 - Park Hopping all day
2 Jan - Narcoossee's @ 6:45 - 36th Wedding Anniversary
3 Jan - Kona Cafe @ 5:00 - Park Hopping Day

Love your 1st 3. Coral reef was just ok for us, not something we'll choose to go back to. We'd prefer Via Napoli or even Restaurant Marrakesh over that if you're looking for something in Epcot. The last 2 we haven't been to yet.

We did Nine Dragons in Epcot this March and loved it!! DH and I both love Chinese food and we thought it was delicious. We had an ADR, but didn't really need one because there weren't many people there. The only thing we didn't like was the ice cream, but it was fun to try the flavors. The chicken dumpling consomme we had was really good as an appetizer. I had the Honey Sesame Chicken as my entree and I thought it was really good. I wasn't able to finish it and took it back to the hotel with me. DH had it later as a "snack".

I would also choose WPE over the Earl of Sandwich. Narcoossee's is our favorite, so an outstanding choice for your anniversary, congratulations btw! We thought Kona was okay, but not worth going back for. We didn't even eat there when we were staying at the Poly. We haven't tried most of your others, but have had wonderful experiences at Via Napoli and several other Epcot area restaurants. If you decide to try for something else, there is quite a bit of availability and will be other openings for two as well.

Not a fan of Kona Café. Certainly would not leave a park just to make this stop. Hard to offer a suggestion not knowing which parks you are visiting. I personally found Kona to have a iimited menu and poor service.

We did Whispering Canyon a few years back with no kids in our party, and honestly I found it somewhat annoying. It's a great option for families I think, but for me the atmosphere was way too stressful, and if I want ketchup as an adult, I don't want 20 kids with sticky fingers piling them on my table. There's not enough hand sanitizer for that... for me, anyway. (ironically, I got sick that trip)

Thanks all for your input. All great comments.

For now, we are going to stay with the reservations. Two things we'll watch is alternative choices at Disney Springs and New Years Eve dinner. Earl has been a staple for us since we took our kids to Disney many years ago. Epcot dinners are tough on NYE, thus the 9 Dragons choice. If something better comes available we may swap.

Thanks all for your input. All great comments.

For now, we are going to stay with the reservations. Two things we'll watch is alternative choices at Disney Springs and New Years Eve dinner. Earl has been a staple for us since we took our kids to Disney many years ago. Epcot dinners are tough on NYE, thus the 9 Dragons choice. If something better comes available we may swap.
I’m not sure why nine dragons gets such bad reviews from others. We weren’t on the dining plan so that was one main reason we chose it. I maybe would’ve picked something else if I was on the dining plan. I will say that we tried Biergarten last year and both of us thought it was terrible.

I always ask for the cheese board in Narcoossee's insted of the dessert. They would alow it on the DDP.
Have a wonderful Wedding Anniversary !!!!

Nine Dragons wouldn't normally be a choice of mine ... but we're actually doing the same thing on NYE! I've heard great recent reviews of Nine Dragons - especially the "Family Dinner".

See you there!!!

291794_2420420916491_610984411_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!