Ratatouille To Epcot

Sure, but why would Iger and the Disney board want to undermine DLP's success? Just for some jealous WDW fans? That makes no sense.

The Paris resort is doing terrible, particularly since the November Paris attacks. I couldn't find attendance numbers for the latest quarter but for the first quarter attendance there was down 8 percent. DLP is much more desperate than any of the WDW parks.
Sure, but why would Iger and the Disney board want to undermine DLP's success? Just for some jealous WDW fans? That makes no sense.

The Paris resort is doing terrible, particularly since the November Paris attacks. I couldn't find attendance numbers for the latest quarter but for the first quarter attendance there was down 8 percent. DLP is much more desperate than any of the WDW parks.
Again the "hit"
To Paris would be marginal.

If somebody says "we were gonna go to Euro for 4 days...but now we'll
Got to Orlando for 10..." Would they like it? Not 100% completely but they could live with it.

And all WDW parks need much more work than they even have going now..they gambled for a decade and now it's coming to a head.

It's not that it's "jealous" WDW fans...it's that there is much more money to be made at WDW by growth and insulation from decline than Paris. It is the cash cow...always has been. Disney knows that.

And all WDW parks need much more work than they even have going now..they gambled for a decade and now it's coming to a head.
It's not that it's "jealous" WDW fans...it's that there is much more money to be made at WDW by growth and insulation from decline than Paris. It is the cash cow...always has been. Disney knows that.

WDW is currently a cash cow but I'd say a successful Paris resort has more potential upside. You can say the same for Shanghai.

WDW is currently a cash cow but I'd say a successful Paris resort has more potential upside. You can say the same for Shanghai.

After 25 years...it's pretty safe to say the "euro is gonna be euro"...

But I don't disagree that they have more to gain.

Shanghai is about keeping the Chinese government happy to influence sweatshop policy - if we're honest. There's an obvious goal there.

I still don't think that using the ratatouille ride in Orlando has a legimate financial risk angle to it...

It's like a fly on an elephants back.

That's just me.

Oh I hear you...

You've just doubled down on the "euro problem"...that's not going away.

Don't think cloning ratatouille for the largely American audience would deal DLP a blow though...marginal at best.

It probably wouldn't make financial sense for WDW. But sure would be neat for us! More ride treats :-)

As did I, I just said that because most people that I talked to seemed to not like it, plus a lot of rankings from average people put it kind of low
I liked it more than most Pixar movies, but it is not one of the ones I saw in theaters, and I have never bought any merchandise based on it (just the movie, but I own all the movies). While I like it more than cars, cars merchandise is better for kids (and despite it being no contest that it is better than cars it is easy to see why people will buy cars toys or clothes before a rat toy or shirt). Heck, my finances nephew has all sorts of cars stuff, but it is one of the few Pixar movies he has never seen.

Merchandise sales are a factor in rides. Do you really think that they are making a cars 3 movie because it is such a draw at theaters (by the way it's not, by ticket sales and DVD/Bluray sales of is the worst)...no it's a bigger success for merchandise

By the way, I am pretty sure good dinosaur is bit of the same. People talk about how bad ticket sales were (and some say the movie) but they actually do decent with merchandise despite that. That's why you can just go by ticket sales to determine if a movie is a flop. They made money on food dinosaur when you factor in that (oh and it did much better internationally than domestically).

I liked it more than most Pixar movies, but it is not one of the ones I saw in theaters, and I have never bought any merchandise based on it (just the movie, but I own all the movies). While I like it more than cars, cars merchandise is better for kids (and despite it being no contest that it is better than cars it is easy to see why people will buy cars toys or clothes before a rat toy or shirt). Heck, my finances nephew has all sorts of cars stuff, but it is one of the few Pixar movies he has never seen.

Merchandise sales are a factor in rides. Do you really think that they are making a cars 3 movie because it is such a draw at theaters (by the way it's not, by ticket sales and DVD/Bluray sales of is the worst)...no it's a bigger success for merchandise

By the way, I am pretty sure good dinosaur is bit of the same. People talk about how bad ticket sales were (and some say the movie) but they actually do decent with merchandise despite that. That's why you can just go by ticket sales to determine if a movie is a flop. They made money on food dinosaur when you factor in that (oh and it did much better internationally than domestically).
I can honestly tell you whenever I was on the Disney Dream and saw that Remy was out meeting, I was so excited that I left breakfast just to meet him (what? I'm an adult who likes meeting the characters :D. Not to mention know that I'm older I know who exactly they are). Off-Topic but I felt like sharing

Cars did do tremendous DVD sales though. It's first one's box office was almost $250 million at the time it was the 4th highest grossing Pixar film) and was the second highest grossing film that summer. It also sold around 21 million DVD copies. Cars 2 may have only sold 4.7 million DVDs and 1.5 million Blu-rays, not to mention having a $191 million dollar box office in America when pretty much a loaded summer is nothing to scoff at. The home media sales may be low but that's a given with Blu-ray and Digital rising (both numbers are from "The Numbers"; I was a little shocked at the 21 million record, but it says it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 15 million like their last record before that said). So I would definitely say Cars' DVD sales are amongst the best, not the worst

I can honestly tell you whenever I was on the Disney Dream and saw that Remy was out meeting, I was so excited that I left breakfast just to meet him (what? I'm an adult who likes meeting the characters :D. Not to mention know that I'm older I know who exactly they are). Off-Topic but I felt like sharing

Cars did do tremendous DVD sales though. It's first one's box office was almost $250 million at the time it was the 4th highest grossing Pixar film) and was the second highest grossing film that summer. It also sold around 21 million DVD copies. Cars 2 may have only sold 4.7 million DVDs and 1.5 million Blu-rays, not to mention having a $191 million dollar box office in America when pretty much a loaded summer is nothing to scoff at. The home media sales may be low but that's a given with Blu-ray and Digital rising (both numbers are from "The Numbers"; I was a little shocked at the 21 million record, but it says it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 15 million like their last record before that said). So I would definitely say Cars' DVD sales are amongst the best, not the worst
Cars 250 Million is the 10th best for Pixar. I am not sure what you mean by "at the time it was the 4th highest grossing Pixar film" -- it was the 6th Pixar movie to come out, and only made more than Toys did at the box office at the time, but adjusted for inflation Toy Story made more than Cars did. Cars 2 is 15th out of 16 for Pixar in the box office.

the Numbers website isn't complete for all movies for dvd and Blu-ray sales. So its very hard to get an accurate picture from that.

Epcot doesn't have to wait for AK and DHS. If you'll see in other threads on this board projects for Epcot are very active.

Well, a lot of people complain that there is too much construction going on at once. I've even heard the podcast team talk about how Epcot needs to have work done, but then they also criticize Disney for having too many areas closed off. Constant construction walls, everywhere I go, and in every park is something that was ranted about by Pete on numerous occasions. So maybe it is wise to wait until some of these other projects are completed first.

Well, a lot of people complain that there is too much construction going on at once. I've even heard the podcast team talk about how Epcot needs to have work done, but then they also criticize Disney for having too many areas closed off. Constant construction walls, everywhere I go, and in every park is something that was ranted about by Pete on numerous occasions. So maybe it is wise to wait until some of these other projects are completed first.
The proposed plans (according to insiders) can be done without done without walls going up (well...except for Ellen...but most wouldn't even notice if that was closed...and I don't mean cause that's my opinion -- more specifically cause of it's location it can be hidden easily). This is why they can start on this work in the near future (not tomorrow) without the fear of creating every park with walls. But with so much finishing up in the Animal Kingdom (Pandora is again off the beaten path for visitors), it really is just Hollywood Studios that has the bulk of the work now. Some may not agree, but it does seem Disney has a plan to their construction plans, and when they open each thing up. They have a map, and are pushing construction crews to finish on a timeline.

I actually think there is a push to get a lot done by 2021 for the 50h then we will see a slow down before it irks up again.

Cars 250 Million is the 10th best for Pixar. I am not sure what you mean by "at the time it was the 4th highest grossing Pixar film" -- it was the 6th Pixar movie to come out, and only made more than Toys did at the box office at the time, but adjusted for inflation Toy Story made more than Cars did. Cars 2 is 15th out of 16 for Pixar in the box office.

the Numbers website isn't complete for all movies for dvd and Blu-ray sales. So its very hard to get an accurate picture from that.
There was 7 at the time. My bad for forgetting Toy Story 2 just BARELY edging it out. Point is Cars was a success at the box office. And of course they can't get an accurate number because Walmart doesn't release their sales info

I will take this a step further. If there was room for the builds Ratatouille ride at France and a Milan ride at China. That alone would put these two Disney films back on the map and drive new interest IMO. Anyone think of any other Disney films that would line up with a certain Country in Epcot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!