Ratatouille To Epcot

As far as the powers that be are concerned, Impressions de France means France already has an attraction.

Their (limited) interest in world showcase lies elsewhere.

I posted a bunch in the GOTG thread. I've even heard things from sources that aren't on wdwmagic. Epcot is seriously being looked at by Disney.

Yeah...I was hoping that was a joke.

But this kinda stuff definitely is "rumors"

Le Chefs de France is a third party Operating Participant at WDW. They are not ran, controlled, not funded by WDW. From what I heard they requested that Remy be removed, Disney didn't argue.

Why are the inmates running the asylum?

From what I've heard they don't want to pay for it. I'm guessing they might want to keep it exclusive for Paris a while since it has brought people into their studios park. I know it makes sense but from what I'm hearing it just isn't happening.
From what I have heard, one reason it won't happen is that Ratatouille is not as popular in US as it is in France. It is not worth the cost for that risk.

From what I have heard, one reason it won't happen is that Ratatouille is not as popular in US as it is in France. It is not worth the cost for that risk.

That may very well be..

But facts are facts: they need "inning eaters" in all the parks. And if you are gonna clone - at least take the proven quality ride systems and do it.

Until I see no more tiered fastpass - I honestly don't accept any reason for NOT doing anything other than money.

And honestly who cares how "popular" the ip is when they are trying to shove a marginal comic book property - guardians of the Galaxy - anywhere they can.

It's not spiderman...they seem to be bent on doing "any marvel we can...anywhere we can"
But that's silly. Wrong thing...wrong place.

I am from the UK. I want to go to DLP to do Ratatouille. We visit WDW also every year ( DVC owners ) . Now if they built the Rat ride in EPCOT i would not go to DLP. In our view it's nowhere near the level of WDW. So WDW would def get more cash that year from us.

I am from the UK. I want to go to DLP to do Ratatouille. We visit WDW also every year ( DVC owners ) . Now if they built the Rat ride in EPCOT i would not go to DLP. In our view it's nowhere near the level of WDW. So WDW would def get more cash that year from us.
But in your example, you are making a point of why they shouldn't build in WDW. You already go to WDW every year, but may go to DLP because of the ride. If they replicate the ride in WDW, it, in essence, reduced your number of potential Disney trips.

I understand that...and you're not alone.

But...how many of there are you? 500? 5000? 50000? 500000?

The number would have to be "significant" to reduce the operational gain of a popular attraction desperately needed in Epcot.

People are desperate for anything.

But in your example, you are making a point of why they shouldn't build in WDW. You already go to WDW every year, but may go to DLP because of the ride. If they replicate the ride in WDW, it, in essence, reduced your number of potential Disney trips.

DLP is so expensive ( even though it is 1.5 hours by train ) it would mean skipping WDW for that year. So Paris would get more of our cash that year. We would spend less time in DLP than the 2 weeks in WDW, plus that cruise etc...

DLP is so expensive ( even though it is 1.5 hours by train ) it would mean skipping WDW for that year. So Paris would get more of our cash that year. We would spend less time in DLP than the 2 weeks in WDW, plus that cruise etc...

Excuse my ignorance/oversimplification...but isn't that 100% about the exchange rate?

Being in WDW 99-03...the first half was dominated by Americans loving the 2000 thing...the second half after tank was Brits and Western Europeans living it up due to exchange rate.

The scenario you're in seems to be more of an issue out of Disneys control.

I think when you're struggling as badly as DLP is you jealously guard all of your exclusive attractions.

Excuse my ignorance/oversimplification...but isn't that 100% about the exchange rate?

Being in WDW 99-03...the first half was dominated by Americans loving the 2000 thing...the second half after tank was Brits and Western Europeans living it up due to exchange rate.

The scenario you're in seems to be more of an issue out of Disneys control.

No it's not just the exchange rate. Our dollar to pound isn't great at the moment either it's where they built DLP. Paris is very expensive to eat, sleep and play. WDW is cheap because the land was cheaper. Imagine having a DL in NY...

Also the quality of the food, hotels is quite under that of WDW. The DL hotel can be up to $1,000 a night. Well it is nowhere near the Grand Floridian. Food is expensive in Paris and whilst it is very nice outside DLP. Inside I did not rate it much. Smaller portions, poor quality. Also the staff not over friendly. The parks are fabulous. Just like DL in California you walk between the two. But the weather, whole experience. No thanks. I hear the rat ride was great I want to try it but a repeat customer I am not.

I think when you're struggling as badly as DLP is you jealously guard all of your exclusive attractions.
DLP is still struggling but not as much as it once was. Since Disney took over as majority owner things have turned around and things are looking quite bright at least for the castle park. The studios still has issues but that will be addressed after the 25th anniversary next year.

No it's not just the exchange rate. Our dollar to pound isn't great at the moment either it's where they built DLP. Paris is very expensive to eat, sleep and play. WDW is cheap because the land was cheaper. Imagine having a DL in NY...

Also the quality of the food, hotels is quite under that of WDW. The DL hotel can be up to $1,000 a night. Well it is nowhere near the Grand Floridian. Food is expensive in Paris and whilst it is very nice outside DLP. Inside I did not rate it much. Smaller portions, poor quality. Also the staff not over friendly. The parks are fabulous. Just like DL in California you walk between the two. But the weather, whole experience. No thanks. I hear the rat ride was great I want to try it but a repeat customer I am not.

Oh I hear you...

You've just doubled down on the "euro problem"...that's not going away.

Don't think cloning ratatouille for the largely American audience would deal DLP a blow though...marginal at best.

Since July 2015 Paris is run completely by the board room in Burbank.

It's all up to Iger and he can do whatever the hell he wants with his rides.

Since July 2015 Paris is run completely by the board room in Burbank.

It's all up to Iger and he can do whatever the hell he wants with his rides.

Sure, but why would Iger and the Disney board want to undermine DLP's success? Just for some jealous WDW fans? That makes no sense.

The Paris resort is doing terrible, particularly since the November Paris attacks. I couldn't find attendance numbers for the latest quarter but for the first quarter attendance there was down 8 percent. DLP is much more desperate than any of the WDW parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!