Rapunzel PhotoPass - What time is it available?

DCunningham

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I'm new to Disboards and this is my first post! Hopefully someone can help me out.

I am going to Disney World with my family and my girlfriend in a few weeks, and I want to propose to her while I'm there! Her favorite movie is Tangled, the engagement ring I have is a Tangled Disney engagement ring, so I thought it would be amazing to propose to her at the Rapunzel/Tangled rest area PhotoPass in Magic Kingdom! I'd love to be able to propose to her in the evening at the PhotoPass area to get some good shots of the moment along with the light-up lanterns.

The problem is, I will be there on Tuesday 20th August, when MK closes at 6pm.

My question: Will the photopass photographer be at the Tangled rest area a little bit or immediately after the fireworks? The park closes at 6pm, which I think would be too early considering sunset is at around 8pm (I've done my research!) for me to get a good picture with the lanterns and everything. So I'm looking for a time later in the evening.

(Note: MNSSHP is happening that evening. I'm not very familiar with this, does this mean the park will be open later? Or does this increase/decrease the chance of me being able to find the photographer immediately before/after the fireworks?)

Thanks in advance :)
Daniel

I'm sorry I don't know anything about this Tangled photo op. It sounds magical, and I bet my kids would enjoy it, too.
Yes, the park is closing to regular guests, but will continue operating for people who have paid for tickets to the Halloween party. I would imagine that the lanterns will come on at their usual time, which will be after regular guests are gone and only party guests remain that day.
I hope you find a way to enjoy the lanterns!

Are you going to the Halloween party? I only ask because there won't be fireworks before the park closes to non-party guests, and anyone without a party ticket will be herded out of the park no later than 7pm (well before dusk).

Are you going to the Halloween party? I only ask because there won't be fireworks before the park closes to non-party guests, and anyone without a party ticket will be herded out of the park no later than 7pm (well before dusk).

I haven't got any tickets for the Halloween party no, I wasn't aware that it would be happening this early in the year! Just so I'm 100%,, what you are saying is, on that date at least, even the regular MK fireworks that happen around 9pm won't be available for non-party guests?

If that is the case, maybe I do MK during the day as planned, and I can go one of the nights MNSSHP isn't happening just for the fireworks...

I haven't got any tickets for the Halloween party no, I wasn't aware that it would be happening this early in the year! Just so I'm 100%,, what you are saying is, on that date at least, even the regular MK fireworks that happen around 9pm won't be available for non-party guests?

If that is the case, maybe I do MK during the day as planned, and I can go one of the nights MNSSHP isn't happening just for the fireworks...

The only fireworks will be the ones for the Halloween party.

That is correct - when there is a ticketed party (MNSSHP or MVMCP) and the park closes early, there are no fireworks for non-party guests, only the fireworks in the evening associated with the party.

That is correct - when there is a ticketed party (MNSSHP or MVMCP) and the park closes early, there are no fireworks for non-party guests, only the fireworks in the evening associated with the party.

Thanks so much, I wasn't aware of this, but I can re-jig my plans a little to go to MK a different evening when the usual fireworks display is on :)

I suppose this leads me to another question: how late do PhotoPass Photographers stay in the park? I could go to MK the next evening when usual fireworks are on at 9pm, and then stay in the park up until midnight on Extra Magic Hours. Does anyone know if the photographers hang around that late? Are they there until park closes?

Thanks so much, I wasn't aware of this, but I can re-jig my plans a little to go to MK a different evening when the usual fireworks display is on :)

I suppose this leads me to another question: how late do PhotoPass Photographers stay in the park? I could go to MK the next evening when usual fireworks are on at 9pm, and then stay in the park up until midnight on Extra Magic Hours. Does anyone know if the photographers hang around that late? Are they there until park closes?

So the photographers are there late - you have to be in line before the park closes (for regular guests). As long as you are in line for the photo when the park closes you should be good to go. They don't start that photo op until dusk, the line may form before they start. The line goes from the area in front of the bathrooms towards the Haunted Mansion (end of the line). It's a very popular photo op I think there's almost always a line. If you go earlier, there will be people in the background as those bathrooms are popular. The later you wait ie. closer to MK closing the fewer people will be back there. It will be darker though and that area is tough to get photos in without the special setup the photopass people use. On a side note - I'm not sure they do that photo op during halloween parties so you may want to stay clear of those days and pick a non-party day. There are other special photos done during the halloween party and I don't recall the tangled photopass being avail during a party for sure. Hope that helps.

Another idea perhaps, I did have a photopass photographer tell me he took photos of a couple getting engaged during the fireworks at a dessert party. He said it was magical. If you go on a non-party night and want to spring for a dessert party that may be an idea. There's almost always a photopass photographer in the garden area for the dessert party guests. That would be an easy way to talk to them ahead of time about your plan.

A few months ago someone posted that they were going to propose in the meet and greet, since Rapunzel is often at the Fairytale hall that may be another choice. The lighting in there is great and you could do subsequent photos back in the tangled area.

Just some suggestions so you get the photo ops you are looking for.

Last edited:
So the photographers are there late - you have to be in line before the park closes (for regular guests). As long as you are in line for the photo when the park closes you should be good to go. They don't start that photo op until dusk, the line may form before they start. The line goes from the area in front of the bathrooms towards the Haunted Mansion (end of the line). It's a very popular photo op I think there's almost always a line. If you go earlier, there will be people in the background as those bathrooms are popular. The later you wait ie. closer to MK closing the fewer people will be back there. It will be darker though and that area is tough to get photos in without the special setup the photopass people use. On a side note - I'm not sure they do that photo op during halloween parties so you may want to stay clear of those days and pick a non-party day. There are other special photos done during the halloween party and I don't recall the tangled photopass being avail during a party for sure. Hope that helps.

Another idea perhaps, I did have a photopass photographer tell me he took photos of a couple getting engaged during the fireworks at a dessert party. He said it was magical. If you go on a non-party night and want to spring for a dessert party that may be an idea. There's almost always a photopass photographer in the garden area for the dessert party guests. That would be an easy way to talk to them ahead of time about your plan.

A few months ago someone posted that they were going to propose in the meet and greet, since Rapunzel is often at the Fairytale hall that may be another choice. The lighting in there is great and you could do subsequent photos back in the tangled area.

Just some suggestions so you get the photo ops you are looking for.

This is amazing, thanks! So much info, exactly what I needed.

I have looked into the idea of a dessert party, but I think I am going to stick with the rest area photo pass option. Getting the picture with the lanterns and everything will really make it for my girlfriend. I had also thought the meet and greet, but it's (just) slightly too public! Thanks for the advice.

I think I'll go after the fireworks end, hopefully the queue will be quite short, and I can convince my girlfriend its just a great photo op and nothing more. I'm hoping I can quickly let the photographer know as we go forward for our turn, to let them know whats about to happen so they can get some good shots.

Thanks for your help everybody! This place is a gold mine of great info.

Some extra info - there's usually the photographer and an assistant. You may be able to talk to the assistant who can let the photographer know. The line generally goes pretty quick so don't panic if it's long.

This is amazing, thanks! So much info, exactly what I needed.

I have looked into the idea of a dessert party, but I think I am going to stick with the rest area photo pass option. Getting the picture with the lanterns and everything will really make it for my girlfriend. I had also thought the meet and greet, but it's (just) slightly too public! Thanks for the advice.

There are likely to be more people around the bathroom than the 10 people who are in the room at a time at fairytale hall. So if you want something more private; the photo op may not be the best location.

Good luck!!

Some extra info - there's usually the photographer and an assistant. You may be able to talk to the assistant who can let the photographer know. The line generally goes pretty quick so don't panic if it's long.
Thanks for the tips!

There are likely to be more people around the bathroom than the 10 people who are in the room at a time at fairytale hall. So if you want something more private; the photo op may not be the best location.

Good luck!!
Thanks! I'll keep this in mind, if I get there and it feels too public maybe I'll need to improvise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!