Rapunzel meet and Greet

DVCcurious

DIS Veteran
We’re going in February. DS7 is telling me he wants to meet Rapunzel. He has speech delay and talks like a 3 year old so we try to give him what he asks for in the hope it encourages more talking. No we’re not spoiling him because he rarely ever asks for anything (as an example when we ask what he wants for Christmas he says “presents”). So the fact he asked to meet Rapunzel is a big deal.

So the question is.... should I fast pass meeting Rapunzel? Does she have a specific fast pass or is it a general PFT fastpass with no guarantee Rapunzel will be there? Can you meet Rapunzel in Epcot or is it just at PFT? Does Rapunzel come out at the Cinderella castle lunch?

She meets at Princess Fairytale Hall along with Tiana. You can get a FP for it if you wish.

Last time i looked rapunzel was one of the characters at breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk..

I believe Rapunzel is always one of the available Princesses at Fairytale Hall (i.e. she does not rotate out). When making a FP, just make sure you choose the side she is on and not the Cinderella side.

She does have the Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno if you are looking for something even a little more special.

I will say that if Rope Drop is an option for you, I had great success with all four princesses at Fairytale Hall. I went to Peter Pan's Flight first right at the 8am EMH opening, then I was done with all four of the gals by 8:30am. Lines were very short that close to opening.

Also, Rapunzel was easily the best of the four. It's dependent on the CM, I'm sure, but she made the most conversation, really asked questions and spent time with each guest, and always asked for a hug. Definitely worth a visit.

My DD loved her M&G w/ Rapunzel so much, it was the only princess she asked to meet the next time we went back. Great interaction both times

It's not random at Fairytale Princess Hall in Magic Kingdom. She does meet there (all day) with Tiana. You can fastpass it (we did).

The afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom also has Rapunzel (and Flynn). Just FYI in case he wants to see more.

The Meet and Greet with Tiana and then Rapunzel was the BEST character meets I have ever had. They were both wonderful, even though my friend and I are adults. Tiana asked me about the ball I was going to have for my birthday and what color my dress would be. Rapunzel asked me about drawing and sketching and requested that I sketch all of Pascal's hiding places for her.

If it is a must do for you (which it sounds like it is), I would consider booking a FP for it or booking Trattoria al Forno’s character breakfast with her.

We have met Rapunzel twice at Princess Fairytale Hall and both times we got it as our 4th or 5th FP of the day. It’s been an outstanding meet and greet both times. Really good.

Honestly because it is important to him, I would probably pre-book the Tiana/Rapunzel FP to be safe.

My daughter, now 11, never misses an opportunity to meet Rapunzel. Every encounter has been great.

Rapunzel doesn't have an official greet at Epcot, but we ran into her coming out of backstage near the Imagination pavilion bathroom on our first trip (must have been in training).

On our second trip, the goal (hers) was to meet every princess and we booked Trattoria al Forno because you get to meet Flynn Rider too. The interactions there were great too. Since it was the day after our Halloween party tickets, we took the last possible seating. I thought the character interactions were a little quick and one on top of another (all the characters were gone within 20 minutes of our arrival and there were no little parades during our breakfast), so possibly something to consider if you are booking late morning. I don't think my daughter noticed this at all and it made for a more leisurely breakfast from my perspective. She found Ariel and Eric a lot more entertaining than she expected and overall we enjoyed the breakfast and the little light up Pascal from the fancy drink cup is still a prized possession. We walked over to Epcot after breakfast, BTW.

She then decided she wanted to meet Rapunzel again at Fairy Tale Hall. We went without a FP+ about 10 am. It was a quiet day so it wasn't a long wait but it was about 50% longer than posted. It think we might have gotten to the front of the line just as there was a break or shift change because we were next for a long time. I read somewhere that the Fairy Tale Hall queue is worth it for the decor . . . meh. It's nice but I'd go FP+ if the wait was more than a half hour any day.

We met Tiana/Rapunzel in March. Got it as a 5th FP, BUT it had not been popping up consistently AND I had it booked as one of my 3 on anther day. We were in WDW for my youngest's college graduation and she really wanted to meet Tiana, so I wasn't going to risk not getting one. Since your son has requested, I would book it early.

Just a head's up that they can switch princesses out when needed. When we were there in February they switched Tiana out with human Ariel, which we thought was strange since you can meet Ariel just down the sidewalk, but she is a mermaid there. We had already met her several times that trip and really wanted to see Rapunzel and Tiana.

You can FASTPASS specific sides of fairytale hall so yes you can get a FP for Rapunzel.

That being said, look into doing the Bon Voyage breakfast with Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel and Eric. The character interactions are great.

It sounds like Rapunzel is going to be your Number 1 priority. If that is the case, I would try to book the breakfast at Trattoria AND an MK FP as well. That way, if for some reason Rapunzel has a substitute one of the days, most likely you will still catch her at the other.

I think the breakfast runs pretty late, so you could probably do it as more of a brunch if you wanted- where you could rope drop and do some rides before the breakfast. Once you have caught her at one of the two places, you can always cancel or modify the other unless you decide you want to see her again. You probably don't really need a FP for her meet and greet at MK because I bet you can catch it first thing in the morning with a pretty short line, but if it is your priority I would book one anyway. If you do wind up seeing her with a short line in the morning, you can always modify the FP for something else. When something is that important to a child at WDW, I always think better safe than sorry!

I think the breakfast runs pretty late, so you could probably do it as more of a brunch if you wanted- where you could rope drop and do some rides before the breakfast. Once you have caught her at one of the two places, you can always cancel or modify the other unless you decide you want to see her again. You probably don't really need a FP for her meet and greet at MK because I bet you can catch it first thing in the morning with a pretty short line, but if it is your priority I would book one anyway. If you do wind up seeing her with a short line in the morning, you can always modify the FP for something else. When something is that important to a child at WDW, I always think better safe than sorry!

Breakfast actually goes until noon. This is what we did (4 adults :-) ). We went to Epcot, got our rides in, then walked over to Trattoria for our breakfast. The character interaction was wonderful!!

We saw her first thing in the morning and line up was about 15 minutes maybe? It's a very quick greet, just to warn you.
No, she doesn't come out at CRT :)

We saw her first thing in the morning and line up was about 15 minutes maybe? It's a very quick greet, just to warn you.
No, she doesn't come out at CRT :)

We've met her at CRT--they have flexibility and backup options depending on what is going on each day. But I agree that since OP specifically wants Rapunzel, best bets are the FP+, or Bon Voyage Breakfast. I highly recommend Bon Voyage--our six-year-old boys LOVED meeting not only Rapunzel, but Flynn, Merida, and Ariel. It was a really fun group and very interactive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!