Raptor Encounter Waits

slpeters

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a sense of how the line for Raptor Encounter varies through the day? Would it be better to be there when it opens? catch it at the end of the day? or is it really just random?

You will want to check the hours for this. I don't believe this is available open to close. We walked by it once on our way to do something else, and when we went back to do it, it was closed.

I got in line in the early afternoon while the raptor was posing/scaring. Shortly after, it went on break and many people left the line. So if you know where it is and you can ask an employee what its schedule is, you might be able to game the line a bit. I waited out the break and my family was first to see the raptor when it returned.

A lot of people get in line thinking it's a ride and then get back out when they find out it's a meet-and-greet. You can't really see the raptor from the line entrance.

PHXscuba

Does anyone know if this is the same thing at is at the California universal studios ?

If you can time it to get there right after it stops raining, you can usually hit a short line for when the raptor reappears. But to be fair, watching a few people get scared by him while you're waiting is quite enjoyable.

We went for the last "encounter" and waited in line for 15 min. This was the day after Thanksgiving 2016. It is a great experience.

It doesn’t open till 10am, so no need to rush there first.

We saw large lines in March.....was never less than maybe 30-40 minutes when we looked at the line.

It’s fun, but wouldn’t queue a long time for it........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter