Rant! TDS PINS

lisapooh

HH Pin Crazy Pooh Fan
Why can't Disney come up with a plan that is fair to their handicapped guests when it comes to getting special pins. I went to the TDS by me to get the pins 2 weeks in a row and all I have been able to get is leftovers. Not one set. Today I got one measly pin. Today I got up and skipped doing what I normally do like taking my meds, testing my blood sugar, eating, bathing (just brushed my teeth) to get to the TDS half an hour before opening. Got in line, but when they opened able bodied just walked around the wheelchair so I couldn't safely enter so I ended up near the end of the line. So as usual the handicapped person lost out and got diddly. One family came in and bought 8 sets ( 2 per family member) The Mom was bragging that this was her business and she was selling them.
Of course, I can buy them on the secondary market but then I pay 2 to 3 times the price to get the pins.
As usual Disney lets me down.

I suppose it would have been nice of them to give out numbers to those in line or open the doors just wide enough to let people in in an orderly way. It would have been nice also if someone had noticed that others were going around you when you were there before them.
All I can do though is send pixie dust for your ordeal.

Dom 13 has come to my rescue and has all the pins for me. TG for DIS members! They are the best!

Wow, I guess I sent pin-procurring pixie dust. Congrats on getting the pins and nice of Dom 13 to help you out!

Different guests at different stores ... at the Disney Store where I have been for three Saturdays in a row we give each other numbers. The first two weeks I was #1 in line. When the next person arrived I let them know I was #1, & they were #2! Today I was #2. I mentioned to the guest ahead of me that she was #1, & I was #2. The next guest who arrived had been #2 the first two weeks, so she knew how we were doing things among ourselves. Today the Manager on Duty came out before she opened the gate to let us know about the limits, where the pins would be, etc. Lisa, as I mentioned/suggested on the Collector's Board, perhaps you should let the Manager on Duty know before the gate is open that you will need assistance. Or perhaps you could call the store during the week & talk to the Store Manager. Just a thought ...

On that note please be aware for all the disability awareness training WDW CMs seem to receive (I have high praise for how I am treated by CMs when I am using the ECV), TDS CMs receive no specific disability awareness training.

Just so you know, CMs at TDS are not allowed to hand out numbers.
I wish they would let us.

Lisa, if your local store isn't able to make some considerations for you let me know. I haven't made it early on any of the Saturday's and have been able to find several pins. If you need someone to get the rest of the pins I should be able to without a problem. There are several stores in the area and one I went to today still had some of the pins released the first week.

I'm hoping that your store will solve this problem, it's too bad they didn't notice what has happened and offered worked out an alternative. Even without numbers they should be able to prevent the rude people from pushing you aside.

:bounce: :jester: :smooth: This just sounds like the store was over run with patrons, a feeding frenzy! I have worked in the entertainment industry for almost 15 years, there is not much you can do unless you hand out numbers or have a system in place to make sure there is some sort of fairness (maybe a line that is accualy first come first serve). Talk with the store Manager tell them your story, ask them what they are going to do to fix the problem. Get an anwser! Remember they should be treating you equaly, that is your right. This feeding frenzy has to be stoped if you are to have a chance. The lady with the 8 pins needs to be stoped. Next time there is an event of this sort call a day ahead of time make sure they know you will expecting changes! You can only help your self, say strong! This will help everyone in the end.
Good luck to you.

YoYo,
HAve been arriving before &am and sitting in my wheelchair for 3 hours until store opening. We now have numbers handed out and I am usually #2 or 3. Management are doing what they can to stop PinPiggy but she slithers around the rules each time. She and DH use different credit cards and the kids are givien cash as management refuses to allow the kids to pay with a credit card. No one will buy for them so they are stuck with getting only 8 sets. PIA she is.

Lisa, It sounds like you are now getting your pins or a least getting a fair chance! Have you seen Ms. Piggy since they started handing out numbers? and are her kids getting numbers to?
this person is not a ture Disney fan and is only out to make a buck, sad!

Hi Ho!Hi Ho!

yo-yo.

Oh yes. She is there every week with her kids and husband and they are all getting numbers. She makes sure of that. They are preteen to young teen aged. And we know she is selling on Ebay. I am making a point of not bidding on her stuff as are all of us from that store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter