Ranking the Moderate's POST 2019 Improvements

I don't know how common this is, but my DH hates the idea of the Skyliner and refuses to ever ride in it. (He's not a fan of heights, dislikes flying although he'll do it when he has to.) I've heard other people express similar sentiments. I'm not at all in the know, but I'm wondering if there are enough people uncomfortable with the gondolas to ensure that limited bus service stays around.

I think because of this and the fact that the gondolas can’t run in thunderstorms, buses will remain an option. Disney can’t strand people who can’t take a gondola “home” until lightening stops.

The 3 Bridges restaurant is quick service. So there will be 3 QS options including the Digsite and 3 TS options.

Also the Rix Sports Bar and grill.

Is Three Bridges quick service? That wasn't my impression, most "Bar & Grill" restaurants are TS/lounge.

Is Three Bridges quick service? That wasn't my impression, most "Bar & Grill" restaurants are TS/lounge.

It was confirmed by a reliable source that it is a walk up restaurant with no ADR's. I take this as meaning QS.

From Disney's website:

"Delight in sandwiches, shared plates, salads and more at this relaxing lakefront restaurant"

Sounds like QS to me.

I don't know how common this is, but my DH hates the idea of the Skyliner and refuses to ever ride in it. (He's not a fan of heights, dislikes flying although he'll do it when he has to.) I've heard other people express similar sentiments. I'm not at all in the know, but I'm wondering if there are enough people uncomfortable with the gondolas to ensure that limited bus service stays around.

I would think it would have to stay. I never thought it might go, has that been said? Because like you, I dont like things that high and dont see myself ever going on the Gondolas.

As for moderates I’ve only stayed at CBR and POR. We said we’d never stay at POR again. This March will be at least my 4th or 5th stay at CBR. The only other resort I have stayed at more than once is WL which is twice. 3. Values 1x each.

As for moderates I’ve only stayed at CBR and POR. We said we’d never stay at POR again. This March will be at least my 4th or 5th stay at CBR. The only other resort I have stayed at more than once is WL which is twice. 3. Values 1x each.

Why did you not want to stay at POR again?

Why did you not want to stay at POR again?
I don’t know if it was all the foliage or what but the air felt heavier there. Most of our trips have been early June so the weather should have been pretty much the same. 3/4 of us had asthma issues there that we haven’t experienced at any of the other resorts. It was also the only resort where I’ve been bitten by insects. Every time we went to the bus stop My ankles and lower legs would be attacked. I don’t know what kind of bug but the bites lasted and itched for at least a month. Not a souvenir I wanted from Disney!

DH and I love POFQ. The resort is small, quiet, has a wonderful theme, 1 bus stop and we love taking the boat to Disney Springs for dinner. We feel POFQ is perfect for an older couple who love WDW.

I'm definitely in the minority, but I don't think that will be the case.

Depending on Gondola numbers, this is probably along the lines of what will happen.
Does anyone know which will take less time to get to the parks: the gondola ride or the bus ride?

These threads always turn into a big pissing match, not sure what you are after here?
Well no, that's not what I was after. That's quite a cynical look at things.

Thanks to all who've shared. I just wanted to hear if others were thinking the same thing about the value of CBR increasing with quick Gondola service, a smaller footprint, etc. We are heading to WDW in November and CBR hadn't ever been in strong contention. Our favorite resort has been Boardwalk due to the quickest transportation in WDW (in my opinion). It feels like CBR is going to jump way up the list in overall speed of transportation to all of the parks combined, so we are going to give it a shot. I also learned some things in this thread from some other good responses!

I agree with several others that CSR looks like it's going to be a great choice as well. On purely the resort, it's probably a step above CBR. But the transportation is a big plus for CBR (once Gondola's are done).

For gondola capacity and time estimates, check out post #1 on this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-system-read-post-1-updated-1-22-19.3578988/
Actually what I was referring to I don't believe is listed there. It has info about capacity, but I was wondering about expected ride time. Did I miss that in post 1?

For instance, I'm sure someone has calculated based on an average gondola speed, and the distance needed to be traveled, approximately how long it would take to get to each park..?

Actually what I was referring to I don't believe is listed there. It has info about capacity, but I was wondering about expected ride time. Did I miss that in post 1?

For instance, I'm sure someone has calculated based on an average gondola speed, and the distance needed to be traveled, approximately how long it would take to get to each park..?

Ack, sorry. I thought that was in there but I am mistaken... I know it was discussed but that thread is a million pages long so I have no idea where. I'll see if I can try to find it... it was a very brief number though, like 5 minutes or something -- considering CBR is already so close to Epcot and then you're cutting out all traffic and red lights... I will see if I can find it...

Dansdad - have there been any estimates at what people expect the ride time to be from CBR to HS, or CBR to Epcot?

I know I've seen the estimates somewhere but can't find them. I really think it was like 5-6 minutes to Epcot and 6-7 minutes to DHS.

Searched some more, I was only able to find this -- obviously it's from a blog and not anything official, but an interesting analysis trying to predict ride time durations:

https://notesfromneverland.com/news/disney-skyliner-speed-and-travel-time-estimates/

Searched some more, I was only able to find this -- obviously it's from a blog and not anything official, but an interesting analysis trying to predict ride time durations:

https://notesfromneverland.com/news/disney-skyliner-speed-and-travel-time-estimates/

That is EXACTLY what I was wondering about. Thanks for finding it, that was some good analysis as well!

So, CBR would be approximately 4 minutes to HS and 9 minutes to Epcot including transfer time :worship:

That's pretty awesome I would say :teeth::teeth::teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter