Random thoughts from our visit 11/10 - 11/18

toolmanjan

Love DVC Vero Beach
Random thoughts from our visit 11/10 - 11/18
We have vacationed this week in November before. Crowds were never this bad at MK. Early in the week EPCOT was busy because of the last days of the F&WF. DHS was busy everyday because there aren't enough attractions to absorb guests. I visited DAK twice all of the wait times except for Pandora were manageable.

About us: We are DVC members & WDW veterans we avoid long wait times at all cost. Even if that means we'll miss the attraction during our stay. Many times we just do our fastpasses and leave the park and head to the pool.

We spent Tuesday at Typhoon Lagoon enjoying a light crowd. Castaway Creek is heated which made for an enjoyable ride. The wave pool was not quite as warm but not uncomfortable. We had a great 2-3 hours there before MVMCP.

Noticed that when we arrived at our FP appointments the FP lines were long. often running outside the Que.

The Buzz Lightyear ride is in a sad state. I rode 4 times, only once did the gun on my car work correctly.

I like the new que set up for standby in SM

QS Mobile ordering gets 2 thumbs up from us. We used it ordering at Santu'li' at DAK after a couple leaving leaving with their food suggested we do so. It saved us at least 20 minutes of waiting.
The first 2 nights we stayed at SSR (1BR) Congress Park. It was nice to be so close to DS. Although I don't dislike SSR it will never be our first choice as DVC members. We had a 1br at BWV for the balance of our stay. We enjoy having 2 parks a boat ride away.

Ample hills Ice cream shop on the board walk. Don't miss it! Thier Ice cream is out of this world. (Butter Pecan Briddle and Coffee Toffee!!)

We'll never order in room dining at the BW again. 1 "frozen Pizza", 2 orders of wings, 1 soup with tip $80.39. The wings were OK . Even if the pizza was made fresh It wouldn't be worth it. We had room service at OKW during last years Christmas visit great food at half the price.
HEA Fireworks show must be viewed from the Hub. I watched twice once from MS and once from the hub in front of the partners statue.

I rode FOP on Saturday during morning EMH. Driving over I arrived at 7am. Security started letting us through at 7:15. We sang happy birthday to Mickey at about 7:30 then they started letting us in. We were stopped at the bridge for about 10mins. Then were then led to Pandora in an "orderly" group. I was off the ride at 8:05. By that time the line was too long to even consider riding again. (I have read posts here that said they rode 2-3 times before the line started to get too long. I don't believe it.
We attended the MVMCP on Tuesday the 14th. This is the last time I will be paying for a party at the MK. It was so crowded there was no way to get your moneys worth. This was my 2nd MVMCP & I have done 2 MNSSHP in the passed. In the passed the parties were not nearly as crowded.

There were 3 parties scheduled this week. This effected the crowds at MK. On party days the MK lines were managable during the day. On nonparty days the park was packed.

Peoplemover is still the best place to rest your feet.

Yachsman Stakehouse - High price to pay for a run of the mill meal. This was the most expensive meal of the week. Service was just OK as was the meal.

Cinderella's Royal Table - If your not looking to meet the princesses then take a pass. The food and service were good. But much of what you are paying for is the charactor interaction.

Prime Time Cafe - I have been avoiding eating here since our first time years ago. I'm glad my DD talked me into making an ADR there. Food and service were great! Mom did a good job keeping us all in line.

Minnie Van Service - We used it twice. Once to get to dinner at the contempo and then to Trail End for breakfast. I can'st say enough for it's conveniance. For TE they dropped us right at the resturant not at the enterance to FW. $20 well worth it!

Security screening is a joke. One morning entering MK it seemed like only adults were asked to go through the metal detectors (no bags line). Kids were directed to bypass. Want to get a questionable item into the park give it to your kids to carry. I've said it here before: It's not if something is going to hapen it's when. Disney's dog and pony show will come back to bite them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter