Rainy Weekend At HHI?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We will be checking into DHHI next weekend and most weather apps are calling for rain and wind all weekend. This is our first trip to South Carolina-how accurate are the weather reports for HHI? Most of our trips to Orlando have called for rain every day and we got wet once or twice but in my experience the Florida weather apps are not very accurate a week out and sometimes still off the day of! If we do get rain and wind--what is there to do? We had planned on an outdoorsy weekend with fishing, crabbing, bike riding, and beach time--so nothing indoors :(

We visited 3 weeks ago and had the same poor long range weather forecast....while we got some rain, it was nowhere near a wash out so keep your hopes up....still a lot of time for the forecast to change. But end of the day it's out of your control anyway, and a bad weather day of vacation at HHI is still better than a good day home working in the yard!!! We were on the beach a couple times when it rained, simply moved into the Beach House area for lunch and drinks until it passed. Also, the ocean temp was super warm so a little wind won't ruin that for you....A road trip to the shopping outlets and/or Savannah are also options in the case of heavier rain, and also lots of local restaurants to explore that you might not otherwise consider....

We visited 3 weeks ago and had the same poor long range weather forecast....while we got some rain, it was nowhere near a wash out so keep your hopes up....still a lot of time for the forecast to change. But end of the day it's out of your control anyway, and a bad weather day of vacation at HHI is still better than a good day home working in the yard!!! We were on the beach a couple times when it rained, simply moved into the Beach House area for lunch and drinks until it passed. Also, the ocean temp was super warm so a little wind won't ruin that for you....A road trip to the shopping outlets and/or Savannah are also options in the case of heavier rain, and also lots of local restaurants to explore that you might not otherwise consider....

Thanks for the positivity vibes!! We have a fishing charter booked that my teenage son has been looking forward to for months and he doesn't get excited about much--or really anything--and he is bringing all his gear for the fishing pier so I am hoping that the forecast is as inaccurate as Orlando :)

Bumping this up again to see if anyone has any chilly, rainy day ideas. Of course-it is supposed to go back into the 80's as soon as we check out! :)
I just want to have some sort of backup plan since all of our activities are planned for outside.

hi there,

I am thinking of staying at HH for a few days next year. While the husband golfs, what can I do during the morning? And what are some great things to do together in the afternoon and evenings??

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter