Rainy Tuesday..

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
Hope all is well, I think we are all doing such a great job keeping the support coming to those who need it.

Morning all, keep the faith, tomorrow we head up for our first chemo session. I am nervous for him and concerned, but he is in a good place and seems to be ok with it. I hope I do not cry tomorrow seeing the same people we saw our first time we did battle. I am ok, here's the weird part, if they are not too sympathetic and give me those eyes.....I want them to be supportive in the way like ok a bump in the road, but we will get it again, that kind of support....I know everyone means well, but my emotions are right on that edge, between trying to stay strong and just going in a corner and crying.. I know you all understand.

Anyhow, everyone stay positive and can I say here, thanks for getting it. I wanted this board to be a support for all of us who are battling, have battled or will be doing battle anytime soon.... Hugs all around.

Good luck and here's hoping you have a tearfree day.

I too am grateful for this board. Not just for receiving support. I have found giving even a little arm up to others even more satisfying.

There are some truly unselfish and caring people on the DIS. I am glad to be a small part of it.

I am crying a little for you. Your description of your feelings is so exactly the way I felt. You stay upbeat, because you have to, but wanting to cry is always just under the suface. I can tell you this about the second time around, the first day was the hardest. Once we got in and got going again, it got better. Hang in there -- this is going to work for him, and you are both going to get through it!

Hi everyone! :wave:

I was just thinking of a story that I wanted to share with all of you. My dad is currently going through treatment for pancreatic cancer, his battle started in June with surgery (Whipple) and he is now going through chemo and radiation. It hit us all like a freight train out of left field.....actually, I somtimes think I'm still in denial. All in all he's doing very well, but I can see it's beginning to take it's toll.

Anyways, the story: My father is a very kind person with a great attitude, you can see it in his eyes, I tell him he has Santa's eyes.

My son is the oldest grandchild and he and my dad have a very special relationship. When my son was little my father would always say to him...."now remember buddy, PMA". PMA stands for Positive Mental Attitude. He would say this if my son was having trouble in school, or acting up at home, etc.

After my fathers surgery in June we were visiting my dad in ICU and as we were leaving my son, now 11, bent over to give him a kiss and said to him "Now remember Grandpa, PMA". :lovestruc

I was at that moment flooded with emotion. I wanted to laugh, cry, scream, grab my son and never let go. We feel so many emotions when we go through times like these sometimes I don't know which end is up....but hey, we're only human. :grouphug:

PMA.. I have it now in my head.. and I am sending you a pm....

My husband's cancer is considered to fall under pancreatic, he had the whipple procedure done at MGH and all his treatment too....if you need to talk, I am here for you....

Hugs to you and prayers for your Dad.....PMA, which by the way I have added to my signature..

Rainy Tuesday here also. The weather has such a profound effect on my mood. I guess thats not so uncommon. I feel better when the sun is shining :sunny:

You and your husband will be in my thoughts tomorrow. I can tell he is one lucky guy to have you in his corner. I will pray that his sessions are as easy on him as humanly possible and I will pray for your continued strength. Remember you can come here and unload all those emotions afterwards. I like "PMA" too. :)

Mackey Mouse said:
Anyhow, everyone stay positive and can I say here, thanks for getting it. .

If you don't mind I;m not aiming for staying positive :)
I'd like to be negative someday :teeth:

Hey Jenny.. you made me smile...I would like you to be negative too... :)

The one for Pancreatic Cancer is purple...breast cancer is pink, but I am not sure if there is a universal one for all cancers.... I wonder why Lance Armstrong bracelets are yellow???

Hmmmm.. I am googling now..

Interesting.. this is what I found:

Pink Breast Cancer
Teal Ovarian Cancer

Clear Lung
Cancer
Purple Pancreatic Cancer
Purple Leiomyosarcoma
Orange Leukemia
Black Melanoma
Dark Blue Colon Cancer
Burgundy Multiple Myeloma
Grey Brain Cancer
Blue Prostate Cancer
Gold Childhood Cancers
Lavender General cancer Awareness
Lime Green Lymphoma
Peach Uterine Cancer
Kelly Green Kidney cancer
Yellow Sarcoma/Bone Cancer
Yellow Bladder Cancer
Teal/White Cervical Cancer
Burgundy/Ivory Head and Neck Cancer
Emerald Green Liver Cancer
Periwinkle Blue Esophageal Cancer

Wow is right....so many ribbons....I actually saw water bottles that say cancer sucks....not sure that will pass the word filter, but I actually thought of ordering one for my husband to take to chemo...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!