Rainforest pass and fitness center questions

TinkerbellTris

DIS Veteran
We’ve been on 4 Disney cruises in the past and have never bought the rainforest pass. We knew of it but never knew what it was. What is the rainforest pass and what is included?
Does the fitness center or gym cost daily to go into to work out? We’ve also not ever used the gym before but our adult son is very interested in the cost for the gym.
Thank you.

The gym and most equipment is free. Spin bikes are used in a for-fee class (unless things have changed).

The Rainforest pass allows you to use heated stone loungers, hot tubs (limited quantity), and specialty showers within the Rainforest Lounge.

All guests have access to the large showers and saunas that are located in the dressing rooms (sauna availability depends on ship).

The pass was $149 last Sep on my 7-night Fantasy cruise. Only sold as length- of- cruise. In the past, there was day pass availability; that seems to be history.

Many reports of difficulty finding space. My sister used it at off-hours (like during shows) and had no problems with access.

The gym - I don’t read reports of crowding and often find it easy to get to any equipment without wait.

Last edited:
My husband uses the gym most every day on our cruises on the fantasy. At certain times, it can be very crowded and hard to find an open machine. If it’s too crowded, he just leaves and comes back another time.

I've used the rain forest on the Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy. I like it when there are several at sea days - would not purchase on a port intensive itinerary. I like the various sauna rooms - dry heat, steam heat. I also like the warm shower but don't use the cold shower. I go first thing in the morning and don't find it crowded. I love the heated ceramic loungers.

I was speaking with another person on last cruise who said a group of them had once "reserved" the rainforest room for half a day (also can do for full day, apparently). If I had paid for a length of cruise pass and found myself locked out due to someone reserving it, I would throw a fit. I will ask about that on next cruise before paying.

The workout room is completely free (except for spin class). It is sometimes crowded on sea days and, as a female, I feel like I have to stand up to a lot of testosterone to get my turn on some machines.

DH is an early morning gym user...he's often there as they open. He said while there are others there, he wouldn't say it's crowded at that time. He's mostly there for using a treadmill.

I've used the rain forest on the Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy. I like it when there are several at sea days - would not purchase on a port intensive itinerary. I like the various sauna rooms - dry heat, steam heat. I also like the warm shower but don't use the cold shower. I go first thing in the morning and don't find it crowded. I love the heated ceramic loungers.

I was speaking with another person on last cruise who said a group of them had once "reserved" the rainforest room for half a day (also can do for full day, apparently). If I had paid for a length of cruise pass and found myself locked out due to someone reserving it, I would throw a fit. I will ask about that on next cruise before paying.

The workout room is completely free (except for spin class). It is sometimes crowded on sea days and, as a female, I feel like I have to stand up to a lot of testosterone to get my turn on some machines.

When was your last cruise? When DCL re-opened post-COVID, they only did the reserved bookings for half-days and full-days (very pricey) and didn't do individual passes at all.

All guests have access to the large showers and saunas that are located in the dressing rooms (sauna availability depends on ship).
I thought I read on this forum that this was previously a good option for taller guests, but that access to these showers was changed to be for rainforest pass holders only. Are they open to all again?

My husband uses the gym most every day on our cruises on the fantasy. At certain times, it can be very crowded and hard to find an open machine. If it’s too crowded, he just leaves and comes back another time.
What times was the gym more crowded and what times were less crowded in there? I will be on the Fantasy later this year.

Right after COVID, the rainforest room was only available to groups to reserve for a 1hr 45 min block. We did that for my group of 4 and it was wonderful. Would do it again if it was available but it is not.

I thought I read on this forum that this was previously a good option for taller guests, but that access to these showers was changed to be for rainforest pass holders only. Are they open to all again?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this was also a COVID-reopening limitation (in that the locker rooms were basically not available at all during the era of private booking rainforest room). I think they're back to normal now.

The rainforest room is basically Disney's version of the kind of lounges you'd find at a high end spa. It is co-ed and you wear a swimsuit or other comfortable clothes. The offerings vary by ship class:

Wonder/Magic: Completely interior (no sea views), has heated stone loungers, steam room, dry sauna, and the showers which offer different experiences (different temperatures/water pressures)

Dream/Fantasy: Everything offered on the previous class but has amazing sea views from the loungers as well as two hot tubs

Wish: Same basic offerings as previous with a few changes: there are no sea views, the hot tubs are part of a large exterior area (which closes after dark), and it also offers an 'ice room' (which isn't actually made of ice but is quite cold)

Crowds vary wildly by time of day. I've gone during the evening show and had the place to myself on all three classes of ship. I've also gone during the middle of the day and not been able to get a lounger. I would say the usefulness of having the pass varies depending on how you like to spend your time on the ship. If you will go frequently to just...hang out, it's a cool place to hang out. But if you're going to spend a lot of time doing activities and stuff, it's probably not worth it.

Last cruise was Fantasy Feb 2024. They are doing length of cruise passes.

Ok. Did the person you spoke with mention the last time they cruised? Maybe they cruised right after reopening post COVID and had those restrictions

I did The Rainforest Room on The Magic in September 2022 and The Dream in August 2023.

On The Magic I did a day pass and on The Dream I did length of cruise pass.

When you check in they take your KTTW card and give you a wristband similar to a Magic Band.

You do not need to use the wristband to enter the changing rooms. There are no restrictions on who can use the changing rooms.

You need to use the wristband to enter the Rainforest Room.

You can use these showers as part of the gym, so no rainforest pass required. It's the specialty/aromatherapy, etc., showers that are part of the Rainforest Room.

That was something they were doing for a while after Covid. Only individuals or single groups could use the Rainforest Room at any given time, so that strangers weren't mingling there. So they had a reservation system. That is over. Now, it is always open to anyone who buys a length of cruise pass.

You can use these showers as part of the gym, so no rainforest pass required. It's the specialty/aromatherapy, etc., showers that are part of the Rainforest Room.

And you can just head to the gym or locker rooms without stopping or checking in at the desk.

There should be an open house on boarding day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter