Rainforest Cafe - restaurant reviews

Oh, and heres a couple of menu pics:

DLRP08106.jpg

DLRP08105.jpg

DLRP08104.jpg

DLRP08103.jpg

I think it's also worth mentioning they've started doing a two course set menu for 21.50Euro... Sorry, I can't remember all the choices!! It was a good selection though....

Bob xoxox

Oh, and heres a couple of menu pics:

I think it's also worth mentioning they've started doing a two course set menu for 21.50Euro... Sorry, I can't remember all the choices!! It was a good selection though....

Bob xoxox

We went here for our second night, cass had the veggie burger ( again a has brown burger but with beannsprouts in it too! ) She said it was very nice.

I had the 2 courses for 21.50, I had the rainforest burger for my main and the fishfood ice cream for desert which were both very nice and was a decent saving too.

We were sat at the table next to you Bob and the baby elephant kept on knocking the couple menu over next to us, was a great meal although the rain effect never happened for us :sad2: only the light and sound effects

We ate here on tues 3rd feb. we both had a set menu for 21.50 which was a main course and a dessert. there were about four choices of each. my moms fish was her fave meal of the week. my burger was so nice and cooked perfectly. i also got a non alcoholic fruit cocktail which was gorgous. ash had a kids meal and there was plenty of choice but she got chicken nuggets and chips but ate hardly anything. our waitress forget ashleighs dessert but she was too cranky anyway. i had the fish food sundae for dessert and was way bigger than the picture shows and really chocoloty so i couldnt finish it but it was lovely. my mom had the cafe gormond and she loved this. the kids meals were reduced to 7.95. our waitress was excellent as ash was asleep when we ordered and kept asking if we wanted the food heated or replaced. she was rushed off her feet but kept coming back to ask if the food was ok. a great meal and we will eat here next time as well.

DisneylandParis2009188.jpg

DisneylandParis2009200.jpg

DisneylandParis2009201.jpg

DisneylandParis2009202.jpg

DisneylandParis2009205.jpg

DisneylandParis2009206.jpg

We've been to this restaurant twice at DLP (have been a few times in the states before we moved). We have 2 daughters, almost 3 and 4.5. They LOVED the first time we went there - DH and I liked it too b/c we could get "American" food. DH loved his burger and I had a pasta meal - both were really good. The first time we were there and I ordered the rasta pasta, the server informed me of the 21.50 menu that came with dessert (which is a great deal because the pasta is like 20 alone and the desserts are around 9 euro!). OK, so that was sweet of her, I ordered that - awesome.

Ok, the second time we went there, I had a not so great (far from great) experience. Went with my kids and my sister who was in town from the states. Both of us ordered the 21.50 menu with the volcanic cobb salad (which was really good!) and the kids had the menu enfant. So when we ordered, the server confirmed that we were having two of the "cha cha" menus. OK. After the meal was over, he said, are you ready for dessert? Yes, ok. He brings us the menu (the main menu, not cha cha menu). We ordered dessert... everything's fine.

He brings the bill and there is a charge for my sister's meal and her dessert separately instead of in the menu (so an extra 9 euro) - I point it out to him, saying it was supposed to be the cha cha menu. It's at THIS POINT that he tells me her dessert wasn't on the cha cha menu. I proceeded to argue with THREE different people that he should have brought back the cha cha menu if we were limited to certain desserts rather than expect US to remember and point it out. I was even told that it wasn't the server's responsibility to remember what we ordered - on the contrary! That's their whole job!!! After about 30 minutes, they still wouldn't change my charge. I was REALLY upset and have tried to contact Rainforest Cafe 3 times to no avail. This really disappointed me because I just felt like I was being deceived.

To top it off the top manager proceeded to tell me that we could have had 2 free apperitifs with our AP... ugh. Pour alcohol on my cut why don't you.

Really bad experience... don't think I'll be going back.

We ate in here on the 21st June 2009. First of all, we thought the theming was amazing! We took some really nice photos on here, and whilst we were waiting for our meals I had a little wander around the restaurant taking in all the details - the trumpeting elephant, the little monkey faces hidden in the leaves, the parrots and butterflies, and the big fish tank with Finding Nemo type clown fish in! I've seen them before so this was most impressive for me :rotfl:

And of course, every so often there is a tropical rainstorm where the restaurant all goes dark and you hear the sound of thunder and rain, which all adds to the atmosphere.
Anyway, with regards to the food, it was very nice, but so pricey! My sister, mum and I chose to order from a 21.90 Euro set menu which included main course and dessert.

Picture064.jpg

Picture061_1229x922.jpg

All three of us optend to go for Tuscan Tagliatelle Bolognese which comes with garlic bread. It was very nice, hot and tasty and the sauce was rich, however all three of us felt that we were still a little big hungry after finishing our plate, and we aren't particularly big eaters.

Picture008_1229x922.jpg

For the dessert part of our menu, we again all opted for the same thing and went for Moelleux au Chocolat which was like a little chocolate brownie with loads of lovely rich chocolate sauce in. This was absolutely delicious and our favourite dessert of the whole trip! In fact, my sister still talks about it now :lmao:

My dad and uncle did not opt to go for the set menu as they didn't particularly like anything on it. They both plumped for Mayas Mixed Grill, at 25 euros, which they both really enjoyed. I think it consists of BBq ribs, chicken, sausages, lamb chops and a side of fries and salad.

Picture066_1229x922.jpg

Picture063_1229x922.jpg

So all in all, we found that the food and atmosphere here is very nice, however is rather overpriced (although isnt everything at DLP??). We normally tend to eat at cheaper places such as Annette's, but as it was the first night of our holiday and we wanted to try something new we thought we would try here and were not disappointed. i probbaly eat here again :)

We ate here at around 6:30pm on the first night of our recent trip and had a lovely meal as always!

Disneyland09021.jpg

We were shown in very quickly and sat in a lovely location right under the air conditioning (Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)... Our waiter was fantastic. Very funny and friendly, but at the same time not too fussy or overbearing.

There were a couple of special celebration cocktails on offer (To celebrate the Rainforest Cafe's birthday) so I got a Cha- Cha Celebration cocktail:

Disneyland09029.jpg

To start, we went for the Pita Quesedillas to share:

Disneyland09033.jpg

Then Robert had the Big Fajita Party (Which was huge!):

Disneyland09035.jpg

And I had the Rasta Pasta, which was served in a bowl bigger than my head! Very tasty and filling- Really enjoyed it!!

Disneyland09037.jpg

Then we were much too full to even lift a dessert menu, so we didn't succumb to our sweet tooth this time! We had a discount card, so our total bill came to 59.60Euro.

All in all, a great meal and we will definately return!!

Bob xoxoxox

This table service restaurant is located in the Disney Village, beside Lake Disney.
A varied menu including seafood, beef, chicken and pasta. Some unusual desserts.
This is a popular restaurant with families given the moving animal animatronics in the restaurant. The thunder storms my be frightening to very young children.
For a look at the restaurant press here

There is a gift shop for those you are looking for a gift to remind them of their visit.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

LOVE this place, we eat there EVERY single time we go to DW, this is our routine, we get checked into our Hotel the first day and shower up, then we headed to DTD to eat at RFC. The atmosphere is the best, my favorite dish is the Nile Shrimp Enbrochette :rotfl: we will be eating there ONCE AGAIN in 2010

Me and DD ate here on the 21st September around 5.30pm.

It wasn't very busy and we was seated by the gorilla area.

DSC03168.jpg

I had the Rainforest Burger which was very tasty and Kyra had the burger with the kids meal.

I would of chose a dessert but the choice seemed very limited so i opted not to have one.

Great restuarant, would like to be sat in a different area next time as DD was scared the gorillas were after her food :rotfl2:

We got 15% off the bill so all in all came to 29euros which wasnt too bad.

we decided to eat here for the first time on our latest trip in Sep 09

To be honest I was more interested in the experience and theming but I had looked at reviews etc beforehand and all seemed good!:)
S1052366.jpg

We were seated within 5 minutes, down beside the gorillas, I have to say I think if you are only 2 people this is where they tend to seat you....
S1052367.jpg

The atmosphere inside is really great! Esp when the animals come to life every so often...
S1052368.jpg

S1052371.jpg

S1052375.jpg

After approx 6:30 the place does start to get busy so arriving around 6 would be a good time I think!

Our waitress was very pleasant and the service was very fast.

I can't remeber the exact names of our food but mum got a steak and I got a burger with chips. Mum did find her steak a bit hard to chew- perhaps because it was very well done like she asked. My burger was lovely and although I asked for well done I did spot some pink in it. I asked the girl was this ok to eat and she said she would change it... I didn't really mind I just wanted to ensure it was a real piece of steak and that it was ok to eat. She brought down the manager and I asked him the same question and he took the plate away and changed it - I felt a bit embarressed, like I had created a fuss:rolleyes1 but they were very nice about it and my meal was lovely!:goodvibes

Mum and I both got the chessecake for dessert and I thought it was lovely! again mum wasn't so keen!

The price was expensive coming to over 70 euro and then we gave a 10 euro tip as we always do with table service restraunts in the resort!

I also noticed 2 ppl being seated near us and asking for a table that was meant for four ppl and were told they couldn't have it.

I loved the thunder and lightening that happened every 20-30 mins, I thought it was brilliant!:goodvibes although I think a seat somewhere in the middle of the restraunt would have been even better to experience this!

I noticed young children getting frightened of the thunder noised and light changes and even when the animals came to life so I would definately note that you need to be aware that children maybe frightened by the rainforest cafe! I seen a child so petrified that he could hardly eat and I was so sorry for him as they were sat right beside the gorillas and I really think the parents should have asked to be moved!

out of 10 I would give it a 7 - marks deducted for mums meat not being great, the price and just because we weren't in the best place to take in the whole atmosphere.

I don't think I would rush back but it was still really good to experience it!

We ate here in the evening during Oct half term
Huuuge queue when we walked in ,around 6pm! But it was dealt with quickly and we were soon seated,in the middle of the restaurant

Ideal spot as you can see all around you :)

Food was better than when we previously ate here in Oct 2006,expensive but good for the atmosphere etc

Our waiter was fab,really nice guy and quick service.

We just returned from DLRP and had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe on our first evening. Waiting time wasn't too bad, 30 minutes right after the park closed and everybody wants to go and eat something.

The decor of the place is awesome and the kids (9 and 7) loved it but we were really disappointed by the food and the service was rather patchy too.
We had a mixed starter plate and the calamari and Mozzarella sticks were swimming in oil, so we left them and only had the rest. Fries were cold and although we clearly ordered our burgers well done my husband got his medium and needed to change it. Waiting time for starters and kid's meals was around 5 minutes, main course for us took around 45 minutes and another 20 minutes for the husband's burger to return cooked to order.

One of our daughters got water instead of orange juice which was exchanged quickly, the deserts for the kids arrived without spoons so we had to ask for them. The pancake desert for our older daughter was lovely but the ice-cream for our little one was just a small plastic tub and nothing special at all.

Toilets were out of order so I had to take the children to the Mickey Cafe to wash hands and the restaurant was a tat too hot for our taste.

We paid € 90.00 including tips for 1 starter, 2 burgers, 2 kid's meals and 2 soft drinks and the food really wasn't worth that much.

The staff was very friendly and we could have lived with the mixed up drink and the forgotten spoons without moaning but they are badly let down by the kitchen.

We most certainly will not go back.

We (2 adults and 2 children) ate here on May 25th 2010. The adults ate from the cha cha menu.

I had the turkey escalopes which is covered in melted parmesan and a little tomato sauce with french fries and creme brulee to follow. The fries were gorgeous but the turkey was a little soggy. The creme brulee was lovely

DF had the bolognaise followed by the chocolate brownie and ice cream dessert. She said both were lovely.

The girls had nuggets and fries and lasagna and fries followed by ice cream. They both enjoyed their meals.

The Rainforest is ver much over priced. We paid 5euro 20 cent per adults fanta :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Our bill was €85.... how i dont know....
We had a voucher for money off which meant we paid €64, still too much IMHO

Would not run back here

ate here on our last night sept 2010.
my wife and i had the steak and fries each with a warm chocolate cake for afters, and my son had fish AND chips with a drink and an afters.my wife and i had 2 fantas. meal came to 65E!?

very expensive but food was quite good actually. and i suppose you pay for the setting, which is fab, with all the interactive animals and the thunder and lightning.
our drinks for over 5E each! not cheap!

would eat here again though..

Got back 2 weeks ago and this is a great restaurant. So good we ate there twice. The place is great, although we did have to be moved the first time because our 15 month old was scared of the elephants but this was no trouble for the friendly staff. Food was great, hot and served in good time. Prices reasonable to other restaurants in DLP.
If you go here, you must try the Volcano dessert, enough for 4 people and only 15 euros!!

We ate here on 16th November 2010.

We arrived just after 6pm and there was no queue at all. We were seated in the middleish of the restaurant we had a very good view of the elephants which my dd thought was brilliant.

We ordered:

Omelette & Chips Kids meal with icecream - 12.90
Adult set menu - Chilli Con Carne & Chocolate cake - 19.95
Rack of Ribs with chips - 21.90
1 large beer - 7.50
1 large Fanta - 5.20
1 Cappuccino - 3.50

DH had to send the Chilli back as the rice wasn't cooked (it was still crunchy) and the chilli was lukewarm. When it came back he said it was OK.

The ribs were delicious & DD liked the omelette. She was also impressed with the people on the table next to us that had ordered a cocktail in a flashing glass.

Food was OK but for 71 Euros, was very very expensive.

We ate here on the 17th november and it was about 7pm waited for about half an hour. We sat close to the waterfall pool bit near fishtank.

Me and hubby had the set meals menu, i had steak chips and onion rings which was lovely and chocolate sponge for afters. My hubby had the chilli with rice and meringue with rasperry coulis. Both kids had fish and chips and ice cream for afters.

The meal came to 83euros with drinks which was by far our most expensive meal but by far the nicest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter