Rainforest at AK

tabby1964

Earning My Ears
We are leaving on our trip March 15. I am not sure what day we will be visiting AK. I wondering how hard it would be to get a reservation within 24 -48 hours of the Ak visit. I ordered the vouchers because I would really like to try RFC. Also, what would be a good time for a reservation. I will be staying at HIFS and getting a free breakfast. I thought we could have a little snack in the park and have reservations about 4-4:30. I have never been to Ak and wonder if I will be able to see most things by 4:00 or should I make later reservations. I know it will depend on how late they accept the vouchers. I also would like to know about the volcano...does it have any nuts. My daughter is very allergic to nuts. Has anyone not been able to order off the adult menu using a child's voucher at RFC? I only bought one adult voucher because my husband will be the most expensive eater. My oldest son and I will only have ribs and share dessert with others. My 9 year twins will be using the kids voucher but one of them would like ribs too. Thanks for any info. Also is it warm enough for Typhoon Lagoon yet?

Janice

Welcome to the Dis Tabby:D I don't think you can get reservations or PS at RFC. It's one of those places where you put your name in, and they give you a time-frame of how long it will be before you are seated. I do think you can do AK by 4pm:earsboy:

You can call Disney and get a PS for RFC at AK.

There are some who have been able to use the child's voucher and order from the adult menu but I wouldn't count on it. YOu might want to purchase another voucher and have the kids share.

We ate there last Oct and our server told us we could order off the adult menu for the kids voucher. I would go ahead and make the ps just to be sure you get a table. You can make ps foir the AK location but not the DTD location. We did have Volcano and I dont remember any nuts but just ask your server if it does. If so just ask them to leave the nuts off.

I would say it depends on the server. If you get a server that is "in the know" your child will only be able to use the childs menu. The people behind us had kids vouchers and were told only the kids menu can be ordered from.
Our volcano didnt have nuts and I am sure you can request without them. (you will need two vouchers to get a volcano)

This is from the mousesavers website. We joined and have had no problems getting a table.

Join the Rainforest Cafe Safari Club and save at the Rainforest Cafes at Downtown Disney and Animal Kingdom. It costs $15 to join -- you can enroll at any Rainforest Cafe or call 800-5LANDRY, option 8 and get details about how to enroll by mail. Your benefits include priority seating, guaranteed reservations when made 24 hours in advance, a $10 certificate good toward your next meal at the Rainforest Cafe and 10% off your meals (including meals at other Landry's restaurants, like Joe's Crab Shack). On your birthday and anniversary, you will usually receive coupons by mail for $5 off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter