• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rain - Where to go

DisneyPinDad

Spenser's Dad & Buddy
This may be an oldie...but so am I so here goes.

Say you are at WDW and you know it's going to rain on a given day.

Which park would you go to...and why?

Is one better than the others on a rainy day? Less crowded? More "rain-friendly"?

We're going in late November (after turkey day) so I suspect being out in the rain is not the best option like it is in August.

Thanks!!!!

DisneyPinDad:jester: :jester:

In fact, it was one that I was thinking of posting....
We are leaving Friday and I'd love some advice on this before we leave!
Suzy

I would probably go to any park except AK. Each park has a variety of indoor attractions. At MK the only things they close in the rain are outdoor rides (Dumbo, Aladdin, Splash Mt). Even the parade runs in the rain as long as there is no lightening. Epcot also works in the rain, since it's all indoors. (However, the walk from place to place will be wet!) Dress warmly and bring ponchos!

When we have been caught in the rain and being soaked. MK amd AK the worse Ecpot ok at least their are places to visit from the rain.:sunny:

We were in MK on a rainy day....we wore ponchos, but we still got soaked...especially my 7 y/o's shoes! I don't think he missed a single puddle!!LOL!!! Anyway, we just splashed in the rain and the kids were so thrilled that we "broke" the rules of avoiding getting wet in the rain! They thought this was great, and we enjoyed being a little child-like for awhile! It made the day that much more magical!!! Just enjoy the rain!! you can't change it anyway, so go with the flow!!!:D

This is what I did when it POURED while I was at Epcot:

Sit in the rain for 45 mins waiting for the Power of Blast! to begin!! :rolleyes:

LOL but I suggest going to Furutre World, esp. SeaBase Alphaand Wonders of Life.
:)

I also suggest Future World. There are several places to go if it is raining. World Showcase isn't very good, though. It's too far between buildings; countries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter