Rain at DLP

NIK

<font color=deeppink>Compulsive planner<font color
Bearing in mind that Britain is currently in the middle of the monsoon season, I suddenly wondered what on earth happens in the parks if it rains as hard as it has here in dear old Blighty?

Are the rides shut? Does the parade get cancelled - wouldn't blame them myself if they did - who wants to be twirling round on a float when there's a storm abrewing!

Hopefully I won't have to find out first hand but I was just curious about how they deal with a downpour

well like disney in orlando the rides dont close, maybe perhaps the more outdoor ones may do for a while, the parades will definetly be cancelled if it starts to throw it down, that will also go for the fireworks and light parades(for obvious reasons)

and could you imagine being on the cup and saucers whilst its raining, i could see that tea cup filling up rather quick

one lump or two dear?

I can imagine!:umbrella: :umbrella:

When I went last time September/October, the weather was really good. Not to hot or cold. Here's hoping this time Mother Nature is as kind.

i went in october and we had thick THICK fog at halloween, didnt prevent us doing anything, made it a bit colder but not much tho

Originally posted by disneydavey
i went in october and we had thick THICK fog at halloween, didnt prevent us doing anything, made it a bit colder but not much tho

Bet that made it atmospheric!:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by NIK
Bet that made it atmospheric!:eek: :eek:

it did of a night it was quality, but in the day it was just as good, especially round the haunted mansion and the like, looked really eary:hyper:

First of all, it has been eight years, since we have been to DLP, which is why we are going back there again, this year. But, wouldn't you know it, on our first trip to DLP, it rained every day we were there, except the day we arrived, and the day we left.

Having said that, it didn't rain continuously. It would rain, then let up. But, the people who planned DLP, unlike the people who planned DL and WDW, seem to have taken into consideration the fact that it rains in France, because much of DLP is under cover; therefore, visitors are somewhat protected from the rain.

As for parades, it depends upon how hard and how long it rains. When we were there, the parade was postponed, but not cancelled because of the rain.

we were there in october 5 years ago.....for one day...
and yes, it seemed to be monsoon season....it rained the entire day....
the outdoor rides were closed....
is indiana jones outdoors?....i can't remember....but it too was closed most of the day....either because of the rain or mechanical difficulties...

When I was in DLP 5 years ago, it poured and poured for the whole trip. It didn't affect us too much though, we put on ponchos and soldiered on. Nearly all of the rides are undercover, the only ones that shut were Big Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones, and only when it was a thunder storm.

The parades were a different matter. They were cancelled most of the days we were there, although they did try, and we saw the electric parade with a 20 minute delay, they waited until the rain stopped. The trouble with this was that we'd never know what was happening, and on one occasion waited an hour before it was announced that the parade was cancelled.

All in all, they're very well prepared for rain, and it shouldn't disrupt your day too much. :)

We have just come back from DLP and it did rain, but not very much. There is a lot of undercover walk ways and it is possible to walk from the beginning of mainstreet to peter pan all undercover!

We visited DLP in March '04. Here are a couple of pics to show what weather we got.

f6f6a814.jpg

to

f6f6a72f.jpg

But there were still smiles all round

f6f6a80b.jpg

The parade will go out in the rain most of the time. They just drive faster. ;)

The parade will go out in the rain most of the time. They just drive faster.

:rotfl: What a wonderful picture that conjures up!

Love the pics of your two girls, Cochise

if u see my pic from last week, weve just had 5 days of glorious sunshine, with the exception of saturday nite where it rained but only through the am, when we woke up more sunshine, at least 75-80 degrees all week

Fantastique as the french may say????:confused:

if u see my pic from last week, weve just had 5 days of glorious sunshine, with the exception of saturday nite where it rained but only through the am, when we woke up more sunshine, at least 75-80 degrees all week

I'm going 1/2 term week [deep joy] so I hope the weather is as kind.

Superb!! I have only been in the cold, but i like how quiet it is.

Thanks BEXX, we had a superb time apart from the restaurant in the Sequoia which was awful.

Originally posted by Cochise
Superb!! I have only been in the cold, but i like how quiet it is.

Thanks BEXX, we had a superb time apart from the restaurant in the Sequoia which was awful.

Why was it awful Cochise? I'm due there at the end of Oct - am already having doubts due to it not only being half term in the UK but for the French schools too.

Originally posted by NIK
Why was it awful Cochise? I'm due there at the end of Oct - am already having doubts due to it not only being half term in the UK but for the French schools too.

Possibly a one off. The Lodge on a whole was really good. The bar lounge was lovely with an open roaring fire- can be tough to get a seat at the child go free times. The restaurant served us bloody as hell burgers when we asked well done. They them took them away for what they said would be to make fresh ones----They cracked open the microwave and nuked them. Told all the eastern european staff what we thought and left. Breakfast is busy but there is loads to eat, stuff your bags full of croissants for the days snacks, everyone else does. There were other things that i wont go into with the hotel but the room was very nice and spacious. I have e-mailed DLP customer services 3 times without reply--so much for looking after poeple.

Now for the good bit. Eat brekky in the Lodge, get dinner on a pass out to Mcd's which should save you enough to get a nice meal in the village in the evening. It will be a good holiday, maybe if you are there over a weekend i would go to the shopping mall one of the days cause it does get busy in the park. We were shocked how busy the saturday was compared to the week.

GO have a great time we did!!!
Do not worry i am a fussy fella and hate to be trodden on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter