Railroad accessibility at fantasy land and frontierland

Rileygirl

DIS Veteran
Hi Guys

Am I correct in assuming the railraoad is accessible for people with a wheelchair at all the stops? Is there an elevator at the frontierland stop? I seem to remember many stairs...

Any concerns or advice regarding this attraction for someone with mobility issues?

Thanks in advance!
~A

Thank you. I just googled the question and pulled up an interesting website called ' rolling with the magic' a website to give info regarding mobility issues. I guess the answer is yes- it's via ramps, and the website showed pictures.

The train is wheelchair accessible from all stations, but it is easiest from the Fantasyland station because it is flat.
There are no elevators at any station.

The Main Street and Frontierland stations both have steep switchback ramps - those kind of ramps go up in on direction, then have a flatter area before heading back in another direction.

The Main Street ramp is longer and steeper. The entrance to it is on the far right as you face the train station.
The Frontierland ramp is also on the right as you face the station.

Hi Guys

Am I correct in assuming the railraoad is accessible for people with a wheelchair at all the stops? Is there an elevator at the frontierland stop? I seem to remember many stairs...

Any concerns or advice regarding this attraction for someone with mobility issues?

Thanks in advance!
~A
from other posts you have had about this trip I am assuming same party, if so unless the rollator folds they will have to get on and off at same stop as no way to take with them. and yes it is up steep ramps and down getting off

That's good info- thank you. Yes the same party. I am hoping when I talk to them this weekend, they will consider a wheelchair just for their mk day.

Thanks again

There is a wheelchair accessible train car. It is the first one after the engine and coal car and the ramp leads you to it.
If the rollator has brakes she can set for the ride, she should be able to use that car.

Otherwise, it could be taken on the regular train car if it folds (folded strollers can be brought on board). If not, she would have to make a round trip as Betty mentioned.

Got it! Thank you! I am starting another thread with two other specific questions because then they can be search engines in the future....and I can't seem to find the answers anywhere else...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!