Rafiki's Planet Watch is Now OPEN - See Post #296

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it was being refurbished and is set to reopen in spring of this year.
Not much can be seen in the images but it looks very much the same. I know it is still used for private events and of course the animal hospital portion is used on a daily basis for animal care.

Has there been any updates from Disney at all? I did some searching online and couldn't find anything on what was being changed or when the opening date would be. We visit in early May and my DD is so upset that it is still closed!

Haven't read anything since it closed.
Lots of rumors going around. Its not clear if it is being refurbished or just closed during quieter times.
the big rumors without any substance (that I've read) is maybe transformed to Zootopia in the future. (that would be cool).

Lots of rumors going around. Its not clear if it is being refurbished or just closed during quieter times.
the big rumors without any substance (that I've read) is maybe transformed to Zootopia in the future. (that would be cool).
Whether Zootopia is added or not the animal care facilities are still needed as long as AK is an accredited zoo.

I don't know if it is a rumor or a wish but I like that idea, especially with new Zootopia films being worked on.

I think it will reopen, when? who knows. But they have left all the plaac holders on the site and MDE, Wildlife Express, It All Started by a Mouse show, Raafiki's Planet Watch . The message

Wildlife Express Train and the experiences at Rafiki’s Planet Watch are currently unavailable to Guests. In the meantime, our world-class animal care continues behind-the-scenes. Please check back for updates.

Rafiki's Planet Watch and Wildlife Express are currently unavailable to Guests. However, our world-class animal care will still continue behind the scenes. Please check back for updates.

Our original plan for AK called for us to skip Rafiki's.

With it being closed, well, that wasn't a hard decision.

Hopefully they'll have more updates what these enhancements are before our FP day so we can decide whether or not to put it back into the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter