• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Radisson 1-Bedroom Suite

bwbuddy

Mouseketeer
I went to the Radisson site for prices for the "night before" for our cruise next summer, and punched in two adults and four children (ages 18, 17, 14, 14).

It recommended the one-bedroom suite, gave me the option of choosing 2 king beds (which I did), and priced it at $149.

First of all, is that a typical price for the 1-bedroom, and will it be too small for the six of us?

I booked the same type room for 6 and got the internet special of a $105.00. Mine is for Sept though. Yours being in the prime summer month may be why it's higher.

I just stayed there last Friday 08/01 and paid $129.00 for a two-king suite for 5 of us and it was what we needed. There was a thread on this site about the Radisson and some people did not like it. But, then came a reply from the Gen. Mgr. of the hotel saying that they were making improvements throughout the hotel. Maybe the new price increase is paying for that.

We have the 1 BR suite with 2 kings booked for the AAA rate of $119. Unless you are paying extra because there are 6 of you (only 4 of us), you could probably get that same room for less $$. I got my rate right off the Radisson internet site. Make sure you hit the "view all rates" button to see all special rates and promos, then you can see if any apply to you. Good luck!

**After reading the above threads (I think we all were posting at the same time), I went and typed in my dates again on Radisson's site. The best rate for my same night is now $149, so maybe they did change the rate. Sorry. :(

martinez03

What did you think of the Rad?

What was the pool like and did you use their transportation to and from the port? If yes how was that?

When you say 2 king beds, is that the room with the worlpool tub?
was that the room you had and was it clean and in good shape?

Thank you for any info

:)

Spectro, I was a little unsure based on some of the stories on this site but, everything was fine to me. The pool was great and the room was very clean. We rented a car so I didn't use their shuttle service so I can't answer that question. The bottom line is that we are going again next year and I will stay there again.
Yes, we did have the suite with the Two King Beds and the Whrilpool. There is also a pull-out sofa in the living room.

Cay

Keep checking the Radisson website every once in a while. I believe the special rates come out seasonally and we were able to change our resv. and get a better discount as the date of our cruise approached.

Thanks for the info:

We will be going in Sept. We are renting a car but they told us we could leave the rental car and save on the port fee.

We need the car to go to VB for 2 nights.

Our plane changed and we land early around 11:00am so we don't know if we can check in. We are thinking of heading to Beaches and Cream for lunch and then make the drive to the Rad.
Dinner at Grill's so we can watch the Magic set sail.

we stayed at the Radisson July 25 (night before our Eastern cruise). We arrived in Florida early and inquired about early check in. Response was "no problem at all" and we were checked in by about 11:00 to our 1 bedroom suite w/2 kings & pull-out sofa. Walked right over to subway for some "6 grams or less" sandwiches for lunch as we were saving all our extravigant (sp?) eating for on the ship!!!! :p

Spectro, what we did was rent a car from Avis at MCO Friday night when we got in and then returned it Saturday morning and then Avis took us to the port. We were thinking of doing it the way you are but it saved us some money this way. When you get back off the ship the Avis shuttle will pick you up and take you to the rental office to pick up your car.

We stayed there last Fall. We got a room for 59.00 or was it 69.00? Anyways, we used the code "Fall". Learned that from another site for cruisers. So it's worth a try.
We too rented a car. Picked up at the airport, dropped off at the hotel. Avis is connected to the hotel. Avis took us to the ship the next morning. I called to find out what time they start loading to take you to the ship. They said you should have signed up the night before! He said Avis might take you. Sure enough, just went over there and they had vans coming and going constantly. Very easy to do. They load all your baggage and unload it when you get to the ship.

Enjoy!!

Sorry bigsky, but Avis is no longer located at the Radisson. They have moved to another location, free-standing and not associated or located at a hotel/resort. The Radisson still has their own shuttles but these fill up very fast.

We went on our cruise July 26 and used the Avis shuttle at the Radisson to go to the port (at the suggestion of Radisson staff as their own shuttle was full due to a large Carnival cruise group staying there). We got off the ship Aug 2 and automatically got back on the Avis shuttle to return us to the Radisson & our vehicle which was parked there. They dropped us off at a different place (the new site) and were very rude when we explained that we were expecting to be taken to the Avis site at the Radisson!!!! :mad: We had no idea that during our vacation they would close up shop & move to a different site. Many others appeared to be "in the same boat" (ha-ha) and were dropped off at an unexpected and undesired location.

We'll be staying at the Radisson next August and I've already booked the 2-king suite for $129. This was the only hotel that would let me book a room this far in advance. LOL Since there are 4 of us; DH, myself, and 2 teen DSs, we definitely need 3 beds.

My question is: Has anyone ever just taken a taxi from the Radisson to the port?? If so, how much was it? If Radisson's shuttle turns out to be organized and not chaotic, we'll use that, but if not, we'll just call a taxi. I've read reports of people being on Radisson's shuttle list for a certain time and not being able to get onto that shuttle because other people just showed up and got on the shuttle and the driver didn't even check to see who should be on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter