Race to 40"!

dakotix

DIS Dad #852 from Central Massachusetts
We're going to be at Disney for the most magical trip yet! But our little one is just 38ish inches tall. He'll be 4 in September and will be 4 1/2 by the time we get to Disney. He wants to try some of the more grown up rides like Splash Mountain, Soarin', and Test Track. He better start eating those vegetables!

I think he'll have a blast regardless. He went last fall for just a few days to get his feet wet. He loved it and can't wait to return.

My son had a huge growth spurt between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2. At 3 1/2 he was a hair shy of 40 inches (and all the fun rides!) at 4 1/2 he cleared 42 inches no problem. Good luck!

Here's hoping! He'll be so happy if he can get on the thrill-type rides. He LOVES getting scared lol..makes him laugh:rotfl2:

I guess other people do have normal sized kids. :)

Both my boys were 44" by the time they were 3 1/2

According to meal size recommendations, my 2 kids are "A family of 4" Each. HAHA.

I hope he makes it. My fondest Disney memory is chasing my then 3 year old daughter back to the entrance of Space Mountain moments before midnight with her screaming "One more time Daddy" all the way.

This is me. We just went to an amusement park over the weekend and we had my daughter measured there (because we kept having trouble getting her on rides, so they will measure you and give you a wrist band). With her flip flops she was 40.1". So she JUST clears 40" and we go in November. That's not a lot of time for growing! So I guess we can say goodbye to reaching that 44" mark. BTW - she will be 5 in 2 weeks. She's a shorty!

I guess other people do have normal sized kids. :)

Both my boys were 44" by the time they were 3 1/2

According to meal size recommendations, my 2 kids are "A family of 4" Each. HAHA.

huh? Your kids eat enough each for 4 people? What does the pediatrician say?

I don't understand what that means...

OP, my son is tall but wanted to be taller sooner. At some point he wanted to go on Indy at Disneyland, but wasn't quite at the height. That is what fianlly got him to stop complaining about eating well. He ate plenty of veggies and beans for protein, and shot up in height!

OP, my son is tall but wanted to be taller sooner. At some point he wanted to go on Indy at Disneyland, but wasn't quite at the height. That is what fianlly got him to stop complaining about eating well. He ate plenty of veggies and beans for protein, and shot up in height!

Haha the only vegetable this kid will eat is salsa or ketchup lol. Time to get creative.

Haha the only vegetable this kid will eat is salsa or ketchup lol. Time to get creative.
Fortunately, I never had to deal with the "hate veggies" thingie but can suggest a few ways to hide them in commonly eaten dishes for the "picky ones". Came in useful for DGD's mother who grew up thinking starch and meat was all that the food pyramid consisted of. That she married a man who thought salad made a great breakfast was just one more difference between the two of them, LOL.

Add finely grated carrots to bottled or canned or homemade tomato sauce. This is commonly done in parts of Italy as a sauce thickener.
Use a ripe avocado or pureed roasted peppers as a spread for sandwiches instead of mayo.
Serve mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes. Tastes much the same.
Roasted spaghetti squash can make a good tasting substitute for spaghetti.
Make a morning (or lunch or dinner) omelette with steamed broccoli or as some children call them"trees".
DGD will clean her room/do her chores with alacrity if I say I'm making gazpacho.

When DGD came to live with us she liked veggies sorta kinda ish ish but enjoyed them more when I served them as an "exotic" appetizer. Vegetable bruschetta, a meatless antipasti plate with lots of colour, veggie Chinese dumplings that we made together as she aged, and lettuce wraps. Bought some small airline plates from Fishin' Eddy but you can find tapa plates just as well from IKEA, Williams-Sonoma, and BBB. The extra effort helps to develop an eye toward color, texture, and general esthetics as well as making the veggie course "special'. In time vegetables became a demanded requirement to her meals and my evil plot worked.

HTH in your quest for a Disney ride taller child:D.

Last edited:
It means if you see a meal and says "Feeds a family of 4", that means it will feed one of mine. haha (Now, not when they were 4) They are now 24 and 17. 6'4 and 6'5 respectively.

That makes more sense, thanks for the clarification! Growing that tall takes a lot of fuel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter