Filling:
6 Cups fresh cut Strawberries, sliced in half
1 Cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1/3 Cup Water
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Tsp. Almond Extract
Sweetened Whipped Cream

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together all Crust ingredients. Press on bottom and up sides of 9" pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.

Mash enough Strawberries to equal 1 cup. In a 2 quart saucepan, combine Sugar and Cornstarch. Stir in mashed Strawberry Mixture and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until Mixture thickens and comes to a full boil (8-10 minutes). Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in Salt and Almond Extract. Cool 10 minutes.

Fill baked Crust with remaining Strawberries. Pour cooked Strawberry Mixture over Strawberries. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Garnish with Sweetened Whipped Cream and serve.
Serves 8

This sounds so yummy. I could have used it last week when I had a flat of strawberries to get rid of. Instead, I ended up with 26 jars of strawberry jam. ;)

This crust sounds incredible! I think I'll make this for the weekend! Thanks dt!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter